“Love it!”
Review of Fazoli's

Fazoli's
Ranked #73 of 289 Restaurants in San Marcos
Description: Welcome to Fazoli's fast, fresh, Italian restaurant in San Marcos, TX. Our Pasta and Sauces, Breadsticks and Salads are FRESHLY prepared throughout the day. Oven-Baked Dishes and Submarinos® are never baked 'til you order them! Made with 100% Real Mozzarella and Provolone, vine-ripened Tomatoes in our Authentic Marinara Sauce, plus Garden Vegetables, our food isn't "fast food." It's fast, fresh, Italian! We also offer catering Anytime. Anywhere. Any Occasion. Call 888-FAZOLIS to place your order!
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Two friends have been bragging about this place. We live two hours away. They claim "Fast food Italian, what could be better!"
They got me to go with them this time. They had the $5 lunch (1 penne pasta with meat sauce & 1 lasagna both with salads). I got the chicken bacon broccoli cabenara. It was awesome. One of my friends tasted it and order one to take home for her and her husband for supper. Salads super fresh. I also got New York style strawberry cheesecake for home. Can't wait to try it.

Wait staff super friendly and helpful. Restaurant clean. Real dishes and utensils for dine in. Hope my friends take me back again. Wish there was one closer to us.

Best meal I've ever seen at a fast food restaurant! Even better than most regular restaurants I've eaten at.

1  Thank Rhonda S

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

My son and daughter-in-law just rave on and on about this place so on a recent trip to San Marcos decided to try it. It was really good. Lasagna, spaghetti, pasta are good choices. Ready in jiffy. Will put this place on my list of food places in San Marcos in the future.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

All of the Fazoli's near our home have gone out of business over the years. It used to be our favorite fast food chain. When I saw this restaurant in San Marcos while traveling, I had to stop. I will say that my family warned me that the chain had gone downhill, but I didn't listen.

Before getting to the front door, I noticed that the trash can at the entrance was literally overflowing onto the sidewalk. Yuck. It was 3:30pm, so no excuse given that the staff was trying really hard to look busy without actually doing anything. But I'm stubborn so I walked inside anyway.

I walked past the beat-up paint on the walls to the front counter. Two employees were happily chatting away and in a great mood. I was expecting a cheerful interaction, but instead got attitude from a cashier who was clearly being inconvenienced by an actual, paying customer. I guess she considered the mid afternoon her paid break time.

Took my salad to a table. I had the pick of them since there was only one other table in use. Got an iced tea from the pre-mixed, fake tea looking machine. Why do certain restaurants insist on using these machines instead of real iced tea? Ate my salad (a pile of lettuce, 2 cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese, croutons, and dressing). Observed the decor -- some maintenance needed.

Still waiting for my food, I decided to take a bathroom break. Large urine puddles at every toilet. Nasty. At this point I start wondering if my health is in danger by being here.

Got my spaghetti dinner. Noodles were overcooked, but the meat sauce was pretty tasty. Nobody came by to offer more bread sticks, unlike Fazoli's of old when you could count on a cheerful person bearing a basket of fresh bread sticks every few minutes. So I made a hasty exit with the only other customer.

Let's put this experience in perspective. Let's pick another fast food Italian chain - Vapiano. Go to any Vapiano's in the US or Europe and you get great atmosphere, cleaniness, great service, a personal meal cooked right in front of you, all for a great price. It's easy to see the trajectory that Fazoli's is on in stark contrast to Vapiano. Such a shame, as it used to be a great chain.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

The food is pretty good. The prices are priced about right. The service, however is LOUSY! The seats/tables are ALWAYS dirty, never cleaned right away. Always out of silverware in the holders. The employees seem more into chitchatting w/ea other or checking their phones instead of doing their jobs. It'd be nice to actually come in & see the floor swept, tables cleaned & ready & silverware bins full for a change. There are better places to eat. We've stopped coming here. Won't be back unless someone else invites us.

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for fine Italian dining, this is not it, keep driving. But, if you are looking for generous portions of good food, nothing fancy, this is it! The staff was friendly and the place was clean and it didn't break the bank!

Been to Fazoli's? Share your experiences!