Lowest prices for your stay
US$97
Free cancellation until 25/09/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Country Inn
US$85
Destinia.com
US$82
Free cancellation until 20/09/21
Expedia.comUS$97
PricelineUS$97
getaroom.comUS$101
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2021

DO NOT STAY HERE! This is THE WORST hotel I have ever stayed in! We were here for 5 days for our family vacation from out of state and regret choosing this place. The place is absolutely filthy! Hotel is poorly managed and the communication with staff is horrible. No one knows what is going on in the hotel so asking for anything at the front desk is useless. Their phone lines did not work the entire time we were there so you cannot call the front desk. We were placed on the 4th floor so any time we needed something we had to physically go down to the front desk.

When first walking in you get a very strong smell of chlorine from the pool located on the first floor. The rest of the hotel smells very dusty and moldy. Elevator floors are filthy from people using the pool. There is no one to keep up the cleanliness of the place. The pool is cloudy from lack of cleaning or possibly a faulty filtering system. They have someone come in from the outside who is not affiliated with the hotel to provide swim classes so there are certain times when you cannot use the pool because it gets too crowded.

Pictures of the hotel on the website do not truly represent what you get. We booked a king suite with a kitchen. However, there are no pots or pans to cook with and there is no sink to wash your dishes as what is pictured on the site. It had two electric burners on top of a cabinet full of huge holes/spaces where it looks like a previous microwave and fridge used to be. It was definitely not the same room we saw in the picture. The shelving in the bathroom was broken and kept falling down. The toilet was filthy as well. Looks like it hasn't been cleaned properly in a while.

On our first day, we came back to find that our room was not cleaned. When I went to the front desk to ask about it, I was told that "they didn't know the cleaning schedule" but will put our room number down and let them know. Our room was never cleaned in the 5 days we were there even though I asked twice for the room to be cleaned. We had to take out our own trash and constantly ask for clean towels. I talked with the maid and she said that if I needed anything to just tell the front desk but that they don't clean rooms daily. She also told me to just leave dirty towels and the trash outside and they will pick it up in the morning. The first time we asked for clean towels, they didn't have any available and was told I need to wait 30 minutes. I also needed bedding for the sofa bed for our kids which I was told they didn't have any and again would need to wait. When we ran out of toilet paper, they said they weren't sure if they had anymore and would need to check the storage. What?!?! Luckily she found some.

Breakfast is just ok. Dry biscuits, rubbery sausage, juice machine out of order the entire 5 days, and no hot water for tea for 5 days. However, the do have a selection of cold cereals and different breads.

We were in a ADA suite because my husband is deaf. The captioning on the TV didn't work because they use a universal remote that is not properly programed for the TV. When I asked the front desk for some help, the person had no clue and didn't call for anyone to help. The person at the desk told us to talk to the manager in the morning. However, every time we asked, the manager was never available. So basically, this room is not fully ADA compliant with the law. Very disappointing for my husband.

We will not be staying here or with this company again.

Date of stay: July 2021
Robert Recendiz, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2021

Dear ttuccoli,

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX - SMTX we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2021 via mobile

Just seemed run down for the name. All trash cans visible from the lobby to our room were flowing over. Room was clean. We booked in at 10pm, and at 9am still trash everywhere. Somebody spilled wing sauce in elevator and it was not cleaned up. Very bad

Room tip: Read reviews before checking in.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear tcook51,

Reviewed 2 July 2021

There is no indication of Covid precautions were taken other than not cleaning your room unless you request them to do so and then it may not get done as in our case. We found out that it had to be requested after towels were taken out of our room and not replaced. I informed the front desk and that's when we were told about needing a request. Our room was experiencing water leakage from the shower into the room which maintenance told us he was aware of yet they gave us the room. Additionally, the breakfast bar was not properly stocked and ready. We waited an hour after the breakfast bar was to be open for food to come out and only half was out. The rest of our stay was not any better. To top it off, our key card kept deactivating. The front desk was not professional either. I've requested to speak to the manager and I'm still waiting.

Dear 746rosep,

Reviewed 18 June 2021

Don't walk - RUN from this place. - Upon arrival, we were informed the 'One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds 390 sq ft' (cost $450.00 for 3 night stay) which we reserved an hour prior via Booking.com was not actually available. We were told by the front desk clerk that he had an available downgrade 'Queen Room with Two Queen Beds 360 sq ft' which he would place us in for the SAME price as our reservation of $450.00 for the 3 night stay. The downgrade room was available on the booking site for over $100 cheaper, but he would not discount us at all for the downgrade. When we inquired about an upgrade (since this is customary if you are sold a room which was never available), we were told we would have to pay the upgrade difference.

We were told we could not cancel our reservation without being charged the full price of at least one night stay as penalty!! The front desk clerk told us to contact Booking.com as there was nothing he could do for us.

All the while, we are having to entertain our 2 and 4 year old children who had just sat through an 8 hour drive.

We contacted Booking.com immediately to cancel the fraudulent reservation and they contacted Country Inn requesting a cancellation without penalty charge for this situation. I received an email instructing me to wait 24 hours for a reply from Booking.com. - 48 hours later, I received an email from Booking.com stating the hotel did not respond and our reservations had not been cancelled. We now have a pending charge in the FULL AMOUNT OF $450.00 for a room which we did not step foot in.

I am currently spending a ton of time disputing these charges with our bank and will be reporting all of this to the BBB and all review sites. This location has a horrible attitude towards their customers. The front desk workers were very rude to top it all off. ​I do not recommend this place to anyone.

If you are looking for a hotel in the area, Fairfield was fantastic! 1250 North IH 35, San Marcos, TX

Room tip: Don't book this hotel - period.
Date of stay: June 2021
Melanie Molina, Other at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2021

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We are saddened to know that your experience was anything less than satisfying due to the level of service that you received from the staff and the concern you had with your reservation at that time. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience, we are sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. We hope that you will reconsider and give us another chance to provide you an experience that is truly excellent in all aspects.

Reviewed 13 June 2021 via mobile

Staff was helpful. That's about all the positive I can say. We were immediately hit with a musty smell as we got in the elevator. The second floor temp was 80 degrees it's 82 outside. One of the keys didn't work. Entering the room it was humid. I began to notice how sticky the floor was. It is disgusting and needs to be shampooed. There are purple stains on the bathroom door. Hair in the shower. The shower head is gross and grimey and there are only 2 settings that work. One will shoot a hole in your skin the other sprays everywhere. The ceiling in the bathroom looks like there have been leaks. There are cracks and the paint is peeling. The pillow cases are worn thin. Just not what I expected to pay $180 for. It's more like a $50 hotel.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Corporate Customer Care Corporate Customer Care, Owner at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Marcos, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2021

Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad to hear that you were delighted with our helpful staff. On the other hand, it saddens us finding out that your stay was anything less than satisfying due to the accommodation's value for money, cleanliness and condition of the elevator, pillow cases, room and second floor as well as the functionality of the key card at that time. This is certainly not the kind of hotel stay we would want you to have and to remember after. We strive for complete guest satisfaction and we are regretful that your experience fell short of that standard. We greatly appreciate your feedback as it assists us in our continuous goal of growing and improving our hotel. Hoping for another opportunity to welcome you back to provide you an experience that is truly excellent in all aspects.