“Good eats”
Review of Salt Lick BBQ

Salt Lick BBQ
Ranked #10 of 386 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The pork ribs I had we're great. Nice cold beer on tap. Located right next to the Round Rock Express ball park. Great place to eat right before catching a game.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Round Rock to see family for Spring Break and were late getting into town. Even though we walked in just 15 mins before closing, we were greeted and served by a friendly staff. Service was excellent and we were checked on often; although that may have been them trying to get us to hurry up and eat so they could close LOL. Regardless, the baby back ribs were wonderful! Sides of beans, potato salad, and cole slaw were nothing special but didn’t necessarily need to be with such good ribs. I have eaten at the best BBQ restaurants in the South and I would rate the Salt Lick Baby Backs among the best!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I stopped in for a late dinner and had the smoked turkey and pulled pork and ate at the bar. Service was friendly and quick and my turkey was perfectly cooked (not dry) and was excellent. The pulled pork was also good. My only criticism was the BBQ sauce as it was mustard based and too sweet.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Great BBQ. This restaurant is very large. I've rarely had to wait for a seat and the service is quick. I've had better BBQ thats a bit better but I've waited between 20 minutes and 2 and half hours to order it.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Salt Lick is a nice place to eat lunch. The servers are friendly, the atmosphere is casual and fun, and the food is pretty good. We ordered the senior citizen specials and they didn't even card us, even though we're way younger than 65, tee hee.

I wish I liked the food better, but I just find their side dishes to have very strange seasoning. The potato salad tastes downright weird to me. I couldn't bring myself to take more than a few bites.

The brisket and beans are okay. Service is excellent, really stands out for friendliness and promptness. Overall, Salt Lick is a decent place to stop, if you aren't expecting world-class barbecue.