See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Stayed one night because it was economical. Very clean room, but bathroom needed lots of improvements. It had hot water. It had a very, very light breakfast. Extra lock on door was broke and saw Sheriff driving around well lit parking lot at night. We will stay there again and recommend it because cheaper than hotels in Terrel, TX.

Room tip: Bring extra towels or walk to desk and ask for more. Two little bathtowels in room.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Looked up hotels prior to going to Plano to visit with my granddaughter. Wanted a place with a pool. Got there and paid for 2 nights. Room wasn't too bad then my girls were ready to swim....they had a pool alright with a tarp over it and I went to the office and asked the guy about the pool, all he could say was no pool. So the morning we were in the room and killed 2 spiders on the bed and then granddaughter was at the sink and a bigger one was on her shirt! Went down to have their "continental breakfast" and all they had was cereal and some toaster waffles. I got a couple and since there is no seating took it back to the room. Other granddaughter went and got her a couple and was eating it and said there is a black hair in this! Took it down and showed the guy. I had enough.....waited until 10am and this other girl came in to work and told her I wanted to check out and a refund for the 2nd night I had paid for.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017

It has been years since my last stay here – 22 to be exact. At the time, I have to say that the condition was nearly excellent, if a bit lived-in. It used to be a popular destination for my family, my sister stayed here several years before me, and my brother a couple years after. I haven’t met anyone else who has stayed here over the years, I heard that there were a few other guests but I’ve never heard anything about them since they visited.
I can only speak to my own experiences, but I had a great stay. For an extended-stay hotel, the rates were excellent, it almost seemed like it was free, the prices were so low! Room service was easy to order, though it did have some strange dietary restrictions – I couldn’t order red meats for some reason? I think the owner said it made her feel sick to smell the meat. The also didn’t serve seafood or alcohol. Over about nine months the menu didn’t change much, but I got used to the same staples. I didn’t get the opportunity to go out to eat during my stay, but plenty of local eateries were able to deliver to my room at no charge.
Entertainment was alright, usually an eclectic mix of classical music, country music, and crime shows on TV. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to see the picture on my in room television, so I could only listen to the TV programs, but it didn’t trouble me much as I spent most of my time in the hotel either sleeping or practicing for my ongoing Judo tournament. The competition really heated up during the later part of my stay, so I was glad to have so much space to practice my kicks.
Just a note: There’s only one room here, but it’s probably the coziest you’ll ever stay in. The bed was very plush (and I’m usually a firm bed kind of person, but this might have been the best sleep of my life) and the bedclothes were all a deep satin red – not something I would have thought of for a hotel but it was impressively elegant.
By the time I left here, it really felt like home, I honestly cried as soon as I checked out because I knew I would probably never be back. Turns out, I was right. I recently heard the news that this location was torn down by management due to foundation issues, which is sad, but it was costing the owner a lot of money and some of her health to keep it running. It’s doubtful that they’ll ever open a new location, but this was the best hotel stay I’ve ever had.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here due to an unexpected business trip. The price is good and the room and bed were both nice. This is our regular place to stay. For the price if you are not in need of all the fancy amminities then this place is for you.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2016

My husband and I stayed here for just one night. We came down for a birthday party and just needed a cheap place to stay. Well I should have known better.
1st when we got there I was honestly afraid to leave anything in my car for fear of it being broken into. Then once I got in the office to check in, they were not very nice and it smelled horrible. Once we go the keys and got into the room it appeared to be clean. I (being who I am) started inspecting for bed bugs. Luckily there were no bed bugs, but then I look over at the wall and there is a cockroach just staring back at me. It was disgusting. I personally would not recommend anyone stay here unless it is a last resort.

Date of stay: September 2016