We visited the light house for the 4th time in 3 years in March. We have always loved it in the past. This trip we noticed the hotel was in need of several repairs and upgrades. The wallpaper is coming off the walls in 2 of the hallways that we saw, taped back on with painters blue tape and the first floor hall strongly smells of urine. The breakfast room floor was in terrible need of repair (refinishing), but the breakfast was good, as always.
As far as our room service, we did not receive any the 4 days we were there. I had to hunt down the maid, who seemed like she had TB. She was so ill I hated to ask her for fresh towels. The down pillows were old and flat, my son took all 4 to make one pillow for himself. Also, the carpet needed to be cleaned or replaced.
There is another hotel that opened 2 years ago, just a mile or two down. We hope that by June The Light House has made some improvements, or we will look into staying "down the way".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lighthouse Inn is the perfect choice for a vacation on the Texas coastal bay, with full-service accommodations in the beautiful Aransas Bay. Relax and enjoy a laid back Texas getaway with luxurious guest accommodations and amenities and our friendly staff. Positioned at the entrance of Fulton Harbor with a magnificent view of Aransas Bay, enjoy modern amenities, shoreline access and our excellent location close to local attractions and things to do in the Texas Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Inn At Aransas Bay Hotel Rockport
- Lighthouse Hotel Rockport
- Lighthouse Hotel At Aransas Bay