All reviews top floor the breakfast area very nice hotel great room two night stay this past weekend checkin cleanliness
Reviewed 3 September 2012

on a whim, we left Austin on Labor Day Sunday. Trying to save a buck, we reserved a room at a Rockport hotel who shall remain unnamed, but took one look at the room and declined to register. I walked out of that hotel, saw the Holiday Inn Express to the left and checked with their front desk: a king suite was available and the rate was comparable to what we would have paid at the other place to enjoy clothes that smelled like Febreeze for the rest of the week.
The Holiday Inn Express in Rockport was an absolutely first-rate experience. Every single employee we encountered was cheerful and helpful, everything looked, felt and smelled brand new, the bed (including the foldout) was comfortable and even the shower was above average in terms of water pressure, coverage and temperature control. The common areas were also all in top condition. The location also had us at the beach in under 5 minutes in the car (including the stop at the booth to pay for our one-day registration.) We intend to return to Rockport and will happily stay here again. How this place is #1 on TripAdvisor for this area is beyond me.

Room Tip: We had a bay view room which included a view of the port a cochere, but, if you tilted your head up and squinted, you could pretend you were on the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed in this hotel for one nite. First impression with lobby>Very cozy feel like at home with blue green interior color. Friendly staff at check in. Room wa very clean, carpeted all the color in the bedroom are matching.Make you feel relax. Bed was so comfy. Bathroom was clean and towel are fresh.

Hotel corridor was so clean,Gym room was small but clean , great had flat screen TV while you do excercise/ .Love the breakfast. Had so many choices. Only pancake machine does not work at that time. It need to be fixed since a lot of guests tried to use it.

Hotel location is in the middle of the town. Easy acces to Fulton beach Rd.Aquarium and TX Maritime museum is within walking distance. Beach park is about 3 minutes walk.

Good check out time at noon. So, after breakfast you still have some time to see around small town Rockport before check out.

This hotel is very recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed here overnight on a Saturday. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The complimentary breakfast was awesome with plenty of choices to please anyone.

We would have liked to have used the pool, but it is very small and appeared to be very crowded even though there were only 3-4 people in it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Very nice hotel, very clean and exceptionally friendly staff. My room was spacious and I really enjoyed the view of the Bay from my room. This was my first vacation in 5 years and I enjoyed my stay here and will definitely be back, the great room for breakfast was always clean and the breakfast and hot coffee were great, my room was very comfortable and modern, I'm very picky about beds and I found it to be very comfortable and slept great.

Thank you for a great vacation!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

This was a very clean hotel and the staff was nice. The only reason it didn't get 5 stars across the board was that their beds aren't comfortable. They're on the hard side. We had 2 queen beds and this was the case on both and all of our party of 4 complained of this.
On a positive note, these rooms get COLD and is much needed for a room close to the coast where it's hot and humid.

• Stayed: July 2012