Clean, quiet, nice. Room was great. Our room, 327, had an amazingly long entrance area (which allowed us extra space to store kid's pool noddles, etc), Really liked breakfast room area which was clean and modern. Breakfast selection good. Our room 327 was on the top floor and on the end of the hotel that allowed us a view of the bay. Be sure to ask for a similar room when making a reservation.
A few other comments:
1. Outdoor pool small, but clean.
2. Breakfast was good. Only improvement here would be to replace the pancake making machine with a standard waffle maker. The pancake machine never seemed to work properly.
3. Very close to Rockport Beach Park which is great, but the day we went had a jelly fish problem (see my seperate review).
4. Front desk staff friendly and helpful.
5. Hotel had nice modern decor.
6. Within decent driving distance of Port Aransas.
7. Very close to Bay Museum, which has an amazing globe presentation (see my seperate review).
My overall recommendation is to strongly consider this hotel if staying in Rockport. Price was decent and about half of what would have been paid for the same quality room in Port Aransas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2013 TORCHBEARER AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN HOSPITALITY AND SERVICE. We are excited to share that Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) has awarded the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bay View Rockport with the 2013 Torchbearer Award, it is the highest honor for exceptional quality and guest satisfaction. This prestigious hospitality award goes to the top 3% of all Holiday Inn Express hotels in North America, and is measured by overall guest satisfaction scores. Rockport Hotel's Guests Enjoy Home Away from Home. The Holiday Inn Express(R) Hotel & Suites Rockport - Bay View stands out among Rockport hotels thanks to its convenient location and amenities. Boasting impressive views of Aransas Bay and easy access to local businesses and attractions, this hotel is perfect for your Rockport, TX trip. The hotel's business guests enjoy being near companies that include Pro Build, Kiewit, HEB and Air Logistics, as well as the Paws and Taws Convention Center in Fulton. Free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access makes it easy to stay in touch with clients, and the Business Center is open 24 hours.Leisure guests lodging in Rockport, TX enjoy an abundance of attractions and activities near the hotel. The historic Fulton Mansion provides a glimpse into the late 1800s, and the Texas Maritime Museum educates visitors about the state's rich history. Recreational activities are also popular, and Rockport Beach Park's Blue Wave Beach and Goose Island State Park make it easy to enjoy hiking, biking, picnicking and much more. Enjoy outstanding amenities while lodging in Rockport, TX, including the free Express Start Breakfast Bar and complimentary coffee and cookies in the lobby throughout the day. A 24-hour Fitness Center encourages you to maintain your workout routine, and the outdoor, heated pool is a great place to relax. This 100% smoke-free hotel is ready to welcome you to the Rockport - Fulton area! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Rockport / Bay View