“Best beach for children”
Review of Rockport Beach

Rockport Beach
Ranked #3 of 45 things to do in Rockport
More attraction details
Owner description: A mile-long sandy beach that offers swimming and a variety of water sports.
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Wow - what a great place to bring small children. The water is shallow for quite a distance and the waves are small. Covered picnic shelters are a great escape from the sun when you need a break. The beach and grounds were very clean including multiple playgrounds, bathrooms and grassy play areas. For those with boats there are boat ramps and a protected ski area.

Best of all - no drunken frat boys.

11  Thank alhazen
FamilyPerfect, Manager at Rockport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

Thank you for your comments about our beach park. We do place on focus on making this a family friendly park based on what our resources offer. We hope that you'll return again soon and often.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"love this place"
"wonderful place"

Reviewed 12 May 2009

After a disappointing visit to Port Aransas beaches, we decided we had to see Texas' "only Blue Wave certified beach". What a pleasant surprise! It was so clean and beautiful. I thought that the water might be a little still and stagnant since it was in a bay, but there were great waves and a refreshing sea breeze.There were picnic benches with grills on a grassy area, and permanent beach umbrellas throughout the length of the beach.There are also 4 large pavilions with public restrooms and showers, and a salt water lagoon to swim in. You could actually go quite far out into the water and still be waist deep. Even the fishing pier was spotless & the view from the pier was beautiful. We also enjoyed checking out all the different birds.
For only $4 you could get a parking permit that allows you to go in and out all day. There is also a free area at the entrance where you can park and walk in. We were happy to have our money contribute to such a great park, however.
I am so impressed with the city of Rockport and its residents' efforts at maintaining their beautiful coastline. When we return for a weekend getaway, it will be to Rockport.

15  Thank TxKiki
Reviewed 8 April 2009

This is one of the best places to go to for a family weekend getaway. The place is very clean and is very kid friendly.

6  Thank BABY22
Reviewed 27 June 2007

I can remember my grandparents taking me here when I was a little kid. On a trip to my wifes grandmother's I needed something for a 5 year old to do one afternoon so off we went.

The water is shallow 1 - 3 feet for at least 100 yards off the beach and is really clear by Texas standards. If you have not been to the beach in Texas that means you can still see your feet in 2 feet of water.

It seems that as the years have gone by they have made quite a few improvements to this beach. There is a grassy area with covered picnic tables and playscapes between the parking area and the beach. There are a few permanent umbrellas constructed on the beach for shade and frequent police patrols to keep the rif-raf at bay.

It was a really enjoyable afternoon for me and my family. The next time that we are down that direction I'll take my daughter there again.

8  Thank Olineman