“Very Good Pasta Dishes ”
Review of Italian Bistro

Italian Bistro
Ranked #12 of 70 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This was our first time to eat here since they enlarged and we weren't disappointed.
I'm not sure where else you could go and get such a large portion of pasta and a nice dinner salad for only $9.99!
We each got a different pasta dish, and all were very good. The salads were good, and they also serve complimentary bread.
Some of us also got a cannoli for dessert. They were great!
The same family still owns the restaurant.
If you want Italian, this place will give you a lot for your money.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I have been eating here for years and find the food selection quite varied and very good. The renovations are completed and the ambience is a bit different now. They added a bar with a TV at one end and use the old section primarily for parties and events. A favorite is Sausage Pizziola, or the Lobster Ravioli. Parking on the new side which has the entrance is somewhat limited although they still have the original parking area, you just can not enter via that doorway. A nice thing is that the original family still is there, with lots of familiar faces every time.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Ordered spagetti & tomato sauce to go.enue price seemed high since the same dish with meatballs or sausage was the same price. When they rang it up was charged before tax a dollar more than menu price. Got home with food had a large portion of spaghetti but was wondering where the tomato sauce was. It looked like they put a tablespoon of sauce on all that pasta. If I wanted plain pasta I would have asked or better yet fixed at home.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Sort of an old time pasta restaurant. Have eaten here several times but they have recently remodeled and we haven't been there yet.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Me and my family dined here on a Saturday afternoon. I have wanted to try this place for awhile because every time I drive past it is always packed. Unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. We were seated promptly and the waitress came around to get our drink orders almost immediately. Shortly after that they brought the bread, which was the best part of the meal, the bread was awesome. For an appetizer we ordered the Mozzarella Caprese and this was also really good. The quality and freshness of the tomatoes was wonderful. I really enjoyed this dish. The problem came with the main entrée. I ordered the Linguine with Clams in the white sauce. The dish was flavorless and the sauce was very thin. It seemed like the clams were not cleaned well because I had a couple bites where it seemed gritty, like I was eating sand. Also I bit into something hard and white. Needless to say I didn't even end up eating half my meal and I left hungry after eating just one piece of bread and one piece of the appetizer. My husband and kids also said their meals didn't have much flavor and they were all disappointed.

Been to Italian Bistro? Share your experiences!