See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

If you do not believe that there is an after life and some folks are stuck on it you need to visit here. I went into a room that is supposed to be haunted by two children that drowned in a well. Went in because my husband heard whispers. I heard them, walked on to see if it was truly what I heard and the hairs on my arms and next stood straight up and I was freezing cold!! A must see

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed 4 May 2016

We stayed in the RINGGOLD Room. It was ice cold (the A/C) and very quaint. We really enjoyed our stay. My parents were across the hall on the second floor and my Uncle was in the room next door. We went out onto the terrace outside our window and drank gin tonics while the traffic rolled by,............it was delightful. Victoria Garza was VERY helpful (She runs the place) and a kind soul. It IS an old hotel,.....even a bit "rickety",.....but I loved it! (The beds were very comfortable too!!)

Room Tip: Wifi was STRONG upstairs and the place is worth a visit.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Eric G
Reviewed 10 September 2014

I have been staying here for a week now and will for the next two months for work. The staff here will go above and beyond what is expected. Don't go here expecting all the amenities of a Ritz Carlton...this is a lovely old hotel built in the late 1800's so it shows it's age and beauty.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Andrew P
Reviewed 19 March 2011

My wife and I had the misfortune of staying at this hotel recently. There is nothing that could ever make me stay there again, not even if it was free. The hotel is run down with peeing wall paper, stained floors in the bathroom, door falling of the hinges etc. The bed was of a rooming house quality and about as comfortable as sleeping on the floor. Speaking of sleep, we were unable to have that expectation met because of loud talking, swearing, fighting drunks partying up until 3am, at which time the police finally came to settle things down. We found out in the morning that one of the people causing the disturbance was an employee of the hotel......nice touch. I would say the night we spent at "La White Trash House" was as close to hell on earth as it gets. Be warned, if you stay there you will regret it!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
16  Thank coolbreeze0063
Reviewed 5 July 2010

The La Borde House is tops. It is charming, beautiful, and takes one back to Western times. It is certainly worth experiencing.

For an especially romantic night, stay in the "Red Room." The name says it all!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple