See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

If I could give this place zero stars I would. The manager which I believe is the owner is a very rude person. I will never stay here. I can’t believe Best Western continues to let this manager/owner operate their franchise.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kj B, Manager at Best Western Refugio Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 361-526-4600.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Always a pleasure staying here, like staying with old friends.. Clean rooms, lobby and always helpful, we stay here every year we come back. We will come back here next year on business like the last three years.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2018

I wish that I could leave a review of a zero. My sty was the worst thing that could ever happen. First of all I used points it was supposed to be 10,000 because of the promo. So I was going to stay 2 nights. Then I needed a second room. I told the guy he said yes I have one. I went to go get my purse while my friend was at the desk. And by the time I got back he told me that the room he thought he had wasn't there. I told hime that I was going to be sleeping on the floor, and I was not sstaying the second night. He told me that he would change it. I went to the desk in the morning to tell them I was out and that the took 20,000 pts. The manager told me that they would not return the points because my reservation said I was there for 2 nights. I told him again that I was not staying 2 nights and sleeping on the floor. He said I don't have housekeeping to clean that room so you are staying 2 nights. Again I repeated that I am not staying here a second night. I left. Returned a couple hours later because i forgot something. The manager said it is now after checkout so he cannot check me out because i didnt bring him keys when we spoke earlier. I told him he hasn't heard the last of this and walked out the door. I called my Best Western rewards when I retuned from vacation. they informed me that the hotel took 20,000pts and charged my card for the stay. I am livid DO NOT STAY HERE. Go just down the road to Portland. They have a very nice Best Western there.

Room tip: Don't Stay
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank ineedavacation28
Kj B, Manager at Best Western Refugio Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

This place was ok but if I had to stay here more than one night then I would not recommend. The first thing I saw when I had to walk up to the second floor was small bits of paper trash on the floor, and the trashcan overflowing. The room was nice inside but as far as sleep quality the walls must be paper thin. I could hear road noise all night while trying to sleep and the HVAC system cycled on every 5 minutes. I will say that the location was key to my trip which worked well for me.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Excellent customer service by everyone at this hotel as always. Staff is always so welcoming and helpful. Remembers everyone by name and does whatever they can to help you during your stay. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends