“4 Stars for Homemade Flavor”

El Patio Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 53 Restaurants in Port Lavaca
Reviewed 28 May 2017

This was the first time in about 20 yrs that we've eaten here again. Yes, the building does seem to need some updating. The atmosphere isn't fancy at all, but you get the Tex-Mex small cafe vibe while there. It doesn't compare to some of the bigger restaurants in other cities, and the food isn't as delicious. But if you enjoy eating a home cooked meal, this spot has that kind of flavor.
The waitress seemed new and we waited for about 15 mins before being waited on.
There were a few items that we could not find on the menu, that most other places serve. One being a child's plate with chicken strips & fries. We opted for the grilled cheese and fries.
The rooms are big enough and the tables allow for a wheel chair or a stroller. One thing I noted was that the ladies' room toilet may be difficult to access if you have a handicap, as it rests on a high step.
Their Tex-Mex style of cooking may not agree with everyone's palate and I can see why other reviewers may not have been impressed with this spot. However,I my family and I appreciated the homemade flavor of the food, & the family friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

they just dont care. Cheap food too. How the locals eat here... amazes me. Guess that tells you about the people in this town.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

I used to come here since the early 80's when It was basically the only good Mexican place in PL. I recently passed through town and stopped in, and oh my god has this place gone down hill bad! It took forever to get my food and it looked like yesterday's enchiladas. The chips were stale and the salsa runny. The place was half full and the staff could not have cared less. This place used to be a family owned place that takes pride in their food.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

El Patio is a local favorite, not sure why. The food is bland, bland, bland. Even their breakfast is bland. The salsa is like colored water.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

The food is ok just not great Mexican food, no alcohol served so you have to bring your own beer. My order is always wrong, no onions or cilantro means just that.