“Delicious Mexican Late Lunch”
Review of La Antigua

La Antigua
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Port Lavaca
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: A really great restaurant with a very low publicity profile in a town with generally poor restaurant choices. You should add this one.
Reviewed 20 November 2017

My husband wrote a derogatory song about Port Lavaca. We decided to take another look. We were hungry looking for a place to eat at 2 p.m. on a Sunday. When we saw all the cars in the parking, we decided to try it. It was some of the best Mexican food we've ever had. Excellent staff. Nice visit with the owner. My husband is retiring his Port Lavaca song.

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Aside from the fact that I was tempted to take a disinfectant wipe to our booth seat, and we got a waiter whose first language was definitely not English, I would go back. The food made up for everything! I suffered some sticker shock when I first looked at the menu. The appearance of the restaurant didn't lead me to expect those kind of prices, however, the food was outstanding. I had the spinach quesadilla with beans and rice. It was so good, I made myself eat every bite of it. The beans, the rice, everything was delicious. The only negative was the guacamole. My sister said it was more like just mashed avocado and it was bland, she had to add salt. My daughter had the shrimp burrito with a few adjustments, which they had no problem accommodating, and she loved it. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, whose name by the way is now La Antigua, to anyone visiting Port Lavaca.

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

The tacos with fajita chicken, beef, and shrimp were awesome. One would be easily enough. It was a great combination of flavors, and the house salsa added to that. The chipotle fajita had great flavor- the sauce that smothers the steak has a nice kick. It is a huge portion, so most likely you will need more tortillas. Worth a stop if passing through.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

Ate there 2 evenings. The first the chicken frijata was flat tasting, not flavor. Service minimal. Second even had the rib eye steak, stringy with gristle taste like it was cooked in old grease. No flavor, no flavor in anything. Service poor. They waiter ask if i wanted anything else i told him "good food" he blew it off and walked away. When i paid the young lady only wanted money i ask if it mattered if the food was good or bad. She said no.

Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

This is a small family owned Mexican restaurant on I 35 in port LaVaca. The menu has several items and all of the prices are extremely reasonable. The service was most friendly and accommodating. I specially like the salsa that came before the main meal was served. This restaurant is great and the Murals on the wall are beautiful.