“Nothing to write home about”

Shellfish Sports Bar & Grille
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Port Lavaca
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nestled away in Lavaca Bay in the friendly townof Port Lavaca, Shellfish Sports Bar & Grilleoffers a casual and relaxing atmospherefor locals and visitors alike.Our FoodSourcing our seafood from the Gulf, Caribbean, North Atlantic, and Pacific Ocean we aim to provide you with the freshest product available. Working with local purveyors and fisheries throughout, we pledge to provide you with product that pays tribute and respect to the hard working men and women who fish and work these waters.Our BarFrom Conroe to Fredericksburg we embrace the local flavors of Texas breweries with a variety craft beers. In conjunction, refreshing cocktails and the friendliest bartenders in Port Lavaca.
Reviewed 23 May 2017

This place has substantial prices and average service. Perhaps a good place for the young crowd with a Credit Card and lots of TV's and noise. Not for older people like me and the food for a place in PL, not impressed.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

I rarely get to eat out for lunch, but took a half day off from work to take my mother out for her 84th birthday. I was so looking forward to treating her and me for that matter to a new place and a yummy meal. Boy what a disappointment. I got the seafood platter that tasted all like it had just come out of the local grocery store's frozen food department, not to mention the sweet potato fries were cold. I also had a fairly large piece of shell that I bit into in an oyster. When I pointed this out to the server, I pretty much got a "sorry about that". My mother got fettuccine Alfredo that was $11 and then to add shrimp $10 additional, pretty pricey for a few shrimp laying up on top. Her food was also lukewarm and appeared to have been sitting for a while as the cream sauce had started to crust on top. My son ordered the fish tacos. There were two small to almost average sized tacos on the plate. His meal came with fries and Cole slaw. He asked if he could have a salad instead and was told yes, he received the salad, but when our food finally came, he had the cold sweet potato fries on his plate along with the Cole slaw. I was charged $3 for the substitution. Because we were trying to have a nice birthday celebration, I didn't want to ruin the occasion by being a complainer, but I will definitely not return. Was no where near worth the $65 I spent for below par food and crappy service.

3  Thank newbern2016
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We went at lunch. Trendy decor and cloth napkins. Each of us ordered the grilled shrimp, with slaw, and sweet potato fries. The shrimp was great. The slaw was from scratch, not from a carton, and very good. The cocktail sauce and the tartar sauce were both homemade and very good. We enjoyed it and will return!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Visited Port Lavaca twice over 3 year period and enjoyed dinner at the Shellfish both times. The location is very convenient, the interior is nice, and the food is quite good. I started with a soup appetizer; crab and asparagus soup; then a grilled shrimp special over a bed of rice with fresh vegetables. I had to follow that up with a slice of carrot cake. I enjoyed the meal and would return in the future. Draft Budweiser Light was only a $1.50 as well ...

Reviewed 9 April 2017

food was terrrible. Service not so bad besides she was new as a waitress. Great ambiance but that about does it. Wife was not happy and I couldnt care less for the pizza.So much potential but apparently the chef (owner)thinks he knows how to cook grade "a" meals. He should stick with meals that make him money and not try to create new york style cuisine that do not make customers happy. anywho.....dont see this place lasting!!

2  Thank appetizers17