“SLOW, SLOW service”

Bayside Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Port Lavaca
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 22 July 2017

food was decent. Fish overcooked. Shrimp cooked well. I was expecting more from what I read, but actually very slow service, during a non busy time. Waitress left us alone, we were about to leave when another waitress jumped in and took care of us. Won't be back.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

If you've not had alligator, try it it. Fried alligator bits for appetizer. Egg rolls are good too. Probably reliably best sea food you can get in a restaurant between Houston and Corpus. Grilled pork chop and Chinese rice are always good too.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Very dark atmosphere overpriced menu salad was warm dressing was warmer fish was fishy the tea was okay I would recommend that to anybody maybe it was just a bad day for me

Reviewed 11 March 2017

My wife and I pulled into town on March 6th, 'cause she'd never seen Coastal Texas, and this is where we landed. The staff at the Best Western across the highway suggested Bayside for seafood. The place looked pretty "average" from the outside, but when we got in, the server & cook welcomed us and treated us really well.

The catfish was fried just right, and wasn't over-breaded. I found the trout was grilled to perfection. The beer was cold. Nothing fancy about this place, but the food was good; a hair on the expensive side but much better value for the dollar than most similar places. The server made certain that we had everything we needed, and was one of the most pleasant folks we met in town.

We would eat here again.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Small, seafood joint. Most items are fried but they have daily specials. The waitstaff was friendly and made many suggestions. I wasn't very hungry and ended up getting a small shrimp dish that was excellent and fresh. I'd go back there if I'm ever in the area again.