“If all you care about is price, it's the place to be”
Review of Shark Reef Resort

Shark Reef Resort
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We stayed here 3 nights. AC worked OK. We weren't cool, but we weren't miserable, either. Decent size room. However, there was only 1 light (other than the bathroom), a low wattage lamp and the bathroom was in pretty bad shape. Dirty looking, chipped paint, bathtub porcelain was chipped and broken off. They didn't clean the rooms daily, either. They just took dirty towels and left clean towels in a pile on the bed. Not a huge deal, honestly, I care most about having clean towels, so I wasn't upset. The pool is pretty nice and the staff is friendly. It was also very quiet, especially considering we were staying at peak vacation time. It was close to everything. If I stayed here again, it would likely be in the newer looking cottages they have, as those seem to be in better shape. But we were shopping with a super low budget in mind, so I think the room is on par with what we paid.

Room Tip: Shower in the morning! Hot water was gone by afternoon through the evening.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2017

We walked in the room and dropped our stuff off , then we where off to the beach .We spent the day out, we got back to the room at about 8:30 and all we heard was the air conditioner ! It was screaming loud , we couldn't hear the television or each other talk .
When we checked in the young woman at the front desk said "We are family owned , if you have any problems please call. I called and called and all I got was an answering machine telling me the office is closed !.My husband ,then took of the front of the AC and it was disgusting, covered with dirt and black mold.
The room itself wasn't bad at all but, we didn't get a wink of sleep .

Room Tip: Check your AC before you leave for the day .
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Mary S, Manager at Shark Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

We pull out our air conditioners twice a year to deep clean them, and more if needed. I do not believe that there was any mold in your air conditioner. We are family owned, and when I checked you in I told you the office is open from 8am-8pm, and if you need anything after hours that there is a doorbell that you can ring to get a hold of us on the front office. I had the air conditioner in your room checked and cleaned out after you checked out; window ac's at times can be a bit noisy, but this one was not any more loud than most. Thank you for choosing the Shark Reef Resort.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

room was clean. good ammenities. Staff was considerate. pool was clean. the price was reasonable compared to motels around them. i would go here again. they were also one of the only places that had a vacancy.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the kind review! Was there anything that could have been better about to stay to warrant a 5 star review? We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

We took a family vacation and stayed the weekend here. What a great family owned place! Nice pool and great staff. Very friendly!! Very accommodating. We Will definitely come back and stay at shark resort!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara L

Thank you so much for choosing the Shark Reef Resort! I am so glad that you enjoyed our pool!! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

A few basic amenities you expect with a any Hotel. A.C., Water, Electricity and a nice bed. The A.C. is so loud it was impossible to sleep. Water went out and when management was notified Jennifer said she'd send someone. They never came. The light switch does not work and the cord to the wonky ceiling fan/light was broken. The bed was the least of our issues but was by far the WORST RUN DOWN BED OF ALL TIME. To add insult to injury when I kindly asked Jennifer(Owner) why she never sent someone she was rude and confrontational. She literally argued with me and told me too bad so what. Avoid at all cost.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family