“Awesome family friendly place.”
Review of Beachcomber

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Beachcomber
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed 13 October 2015

We truly enjoyed our mini vacation at the beachcomber!!! This place is clean and the staff was very friendly. After hour check in was easy and pain free. The owner Steve we absolutely loved. He was friendly and playful. Very short walk to the beach and even had beach toys for my kids to use at the beach. I almost hate leaving a great review because I want this place to be our little secret!!!!! We plan to try and stay in every room they have. Our last stay was in room 11 and it was nice and roomy!!!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Lukeharley

Reviewed 10 October 2015

So the BC was ok. I'm fine with no frills and outdated furniture- You do what you've got to do to keep it budget friendly. My 1st problem was with the miles of fine print documents and rules. The all caps verbiage on the signs all over the apartment. The confusing check out instructions- you will receive or see in the room several versions of the check out procedure, none of which are the same. I think we did it right, I'm not sure. We were never sure if we were doing anything right- which wondering if you've screwed up in the rules of occupancy the whole time you're there doesn't make for a very relaxing beach vacation. I called Melissa once for the wifi code and she of course gave it to me, but not before pointing out that it was in the check in paper work she gave me (which after reading the 10 pages in the reservation email, I hadn't the fortitude to look through the check-in paperwork. My bad.) I didn't call with anymore questions after that. I just rolled with it. I'm sure all the answers to my burning questions were in my paperwork.

Steve the owner was nice and on the property everday fixing it up. Our room was clean, but there were many things falling apart- The hooks by the door could support no weight and would just fall off the wall. The TV's power button was busted off and the remote didn't work after day 1 so to turn it off, we had to unplug it. We had to rig the innards of the coffee pot to get it to work. There are very few electric outlets- none in one of the bedrooms. Our mattress was pretty flattened. There was very visible mold around the venting. Our allergies got the best of us by the end of out 5 day stay and I think the black mold was the culprit.

The pool and hot tub were nice and it was really great that they had beach toys on loan for our kid to use. There are charcoal grills to use, which we did. The kitchen was well equipped and all appliances were clean. It is an easy walk to the beach and the property was pet-friendly so that was nice for us as we travel with 2 Bostons. The bedrooms setup in the 2 bedroom was perfect for us- 1 couple, a kid, and my mom.

I'm not sure if I would stay again- it wouldn't be my first choice. I'll keep them on the short list, but I will definitely shop around first for the next time we go to Port A.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimtonia
Reviewed 25 August 2015

We have been coming to the Beachcomber for 20 years and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. Steve and his family are wonderful and very accommodating. The rooms are spacious and perfect for families.

Room Tip: The big house is perfect for a large family.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank DeDe B
Reviewed 25 August 2015

It was a nice relaxing stay. The staff was very friendly & accommodating. The rooms are out dated and a new mattress for bed would improve my rating. Otherwise the property was pleasant and very convenient to the beach. I love Port A and am very happy that there are affordable places to stay. Beachcomber provided this to me & my family. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Abird376
Reviewed 17 August 2015

We stayed at Hang Ten two weeks ago, and we are not happy with this place. We can smell the mold the first time we entered the house. The place is old and dirty. The kitchen counter and wall are cracked and peeled. We found 2 cockroaches in kitchen and in the kid room. The floor is so dirty that turned our feet black after minutes walk around the house. They have towels in the bathroom, but if you would ever stay there, I would suggest you bring your own towels, because they are dirty, old and stains everywhere, no better than the rags in my kitchen. Same with the comforters and bed sheets. I found several stains on it, some were red-ish, I was wondering what could it be?? It looks like nobody ever wash the comforters and bed sheets. We had ac ran at 76F, but it's still really hot in the house although we had all the fans on, the temperature in the room reached 80F during the day. Talking about the fans, they are stack of dusts on the oscillated ones, and there are molds around the ceilling ventilator in the kid room. And yes, nobody care to clean them. On top of that, the fences of the balcony were broken. We only found out when my niece hung herself on the broken fence. I called them asked to have it fix concerning kids or somebody could fall off. The guy said "well it was so obvious, everybody can see the broken fences". Obviously, they knew the fences was broken but didn't bother to fix it. I would never come back here again and would ever recommend anybody to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family