All reviews fishing trip dolphin docks motel is centrally located wash clothes needed a place to stay ac works room was clean decent place to stay father's day waffles would stay again within walking distance recommend this hotel continental breakfast port cereal rates
Reviewed 7 August 2016

The place was a dog pound, thus dogs bark by nature and especially when other dogs are around. So, they barked all night. Room was very clean and the young ladies working there were super. Suggestion- Put all the dog people on one side of the property and your other paying customers on the other side so they can sleep!

Room Tip: Ask not to be by people who have their dogs with them.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Tracey G, General Manager at Captain's Quarters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

We appreciate you taking time to write a review for Captains Quarters Inn. We do apologize if you were interrupted in your stay with us. Being pet friendly does have its merits, however we never want any of our guests unhappy during their stay. Your idea is a valid one and will be addressed. Please do not let his sway you in returning to Captains Quarters Inn, we would love to have you back as a returning guest.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We were coming to Port Aransas 1 day early and were looking for a place to crash for the evening. There was a special on TripAdvisor for this property so we thought we'd give it a try. It is a budget motel room but was clean, the AC worked very well and my wife was satisfied with the comfortable bed. The kids played in the pool which was reasonably well equipped. Not too many rowdy folks since it was a Sunday night. The only complaint I had was the limited breakfast assortment. It really was a continental breakfast with waffles and cereal. I require a little protein in the morning and there was none to be found. Coffee was very good though so I'll overlook the breakfast a bit. Overall we enjoyed our stay and it certainly met the expectations we had from a price versus value perspective. We will certainly keep them in mind should we need to come stay another night or two in Port A. My actual rating would be a 3.5 if TripAdvisor allowed and so I went back and forth on rating finally settling on a 3.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Tracey G, General Manager at Captain's Quarters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Thank you Matt for taking time to write a review for Captains Quarters. Trip Advisor does run some great rate specials and we are pleased you took advantage of that. Sundays are always a good day because the majority of crowds have usually left. We are happy the pool worked out so well for you. We hope you WILL come back and be our guest again.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

Well expedia said it was the last room. And being in the hotel business I should have known better. But, on their website the room was about $30 higher. So, I booked it through a company I HATE. Then I saw the rate on the RG card and when will people get it. EXPEDIA is only out for expedia. The hotel charged them $145 and I paid expedia $180. Rip off to expedia and the hotels cost is even more.

But, the front desk clerk was very friendly and the room was ok. The floor felt kinda sandy.

Then upon leaving I looked at the housekeeping card and didn't see any type of disinfectant cleaner just some spray. So, I wonder just how clean the room was.

The only thing I wasn't prepaired to pay $260 to stay at name brand. So.... What can I say.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to write a review. 3rd party reservations have their pros and cons most definitely. Many times we will honor a rate seen on a third party (EXPEDIA, Etc.) if it is within reason. Please do not ever hesitate to call us directly. As for the housekeeping, the chemicals used are almost always in a spray bottle on the carts. I can assure you we use all the methods possible to ensure a clean and sanitary room. We hope you will call us for your next stay and let us help you personally with your rate!

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel has diffently gotten better the staff was very helpful and friendly service was good. Price was very good for area.only compliant was parking to trucks with boats trailers .but would stay again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Hi Robert, yes, we have undergone some tremendous changes and things are getting better and better! Glad you noticed and your stay was a positive one! Parking a large truck and boat can be an issue but we will always try to accomodate you! Please come back soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We had 3 rooms for the 4th of July. Great view for fireworks. Great staff, the rooms were perfect and met all of our needs. The BBQ pits by the pool were great. We will be back as much as possible. Booking now for the next Fourth of July.

2  Thank Joann S
Tracey G, General Manager at Captain's Quarters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Hello Joann, Sounds like you had a great 4th of July holiday! We are very pleased that Captains Quarters Inn met all of your families needs. The BBQ pits are a fun way to spend family time and the pool is very refreshing. We look forward to seeing you next 4th of July, if not sooner!!