All reviews front desk great hotel complimentary breakfast king suite would definitely stay here again clean rooms short drive convenience store enjoyed our stay spring break port beach
Reviewed 3 March 2017

This Hampton Inn was extremely well run and inviting. It was spotless throughout. Set back off the main road, you could not hear ANY traffic noise. There are no surrounding sounds, also. Bed was outstanding - so much so I woke up at 10:05 and breakfast ended at 10:00. I raced downstairs and even though the double doors to the breakfast food area were closed, I cracked them open and asked if I could still get some food. With a big smile and "You are welcome to anything left." answer, I was able to get oatmeal, a banana, hard boiled eggs, and OJ. That was just a taste of how nice this hotel was. IF I ever return to PA, I will be sure to stay there.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2017

My husband and I usually stay at Hampton Inns when we travel. They seem to be consistently clean and friendly with amazingly comfortable beds. We found the Hampton at Port A. a notch above the rest. Our room was nicely appointed, sparkling clean and quiet. The staff was extraordinary; so friendly and helpful with directions to the best beach area, birding sites and restaurants. Curtiss and Pierre at the front desk were especially helpful. We plan to return to this Hampton for another stay in April.

Room tip: We picked a room on the 4th floor and found it to be very quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Couple trip and we need a place to stay. Not a lot of options in Port A, we chose the HAMPTON. Did not disappoint. Hotel was exceptionally nice and staff was exceptional. Great location, great breakfast...check it out.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hampton F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Aransas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Thank you so much for your review! I'll make sure the staff knows. We try to make our guests feel like they are at a "home away from home" when staying at our property. We're very happy to see you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again next time you return to Mustang Island!

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

It was very clean. Beds very comfortable. People are very friendly and soo sweet. My friend has cancer and wasn't eating well I asked the cook to make a little scrambled eggs cuz it wasn't on the line. She did it without hesitation. It's very close to everything. Will stay here again

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm very happy to see our staff did another great job keeping our guests comfortable. I'll be making sure the staff knows, and we hope to see you again next time!

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We chose this hotel based on it's proximity to the beach, Whooping Crane festival and the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. Upon check in by Vanessa we were not acknowledged as Hilton Honor Rewards members. Hmmm??? It is the little extras that the staff at most Hilton Hotels do that make us feel like honored guests, sadly at this hotel this did not happen; staff preformed there tasks and did not go out of there way to make us feel special.

Coffee and tea were available in the lobby, however we were disappointed that no evening cookies were provided for the guests. We let the receptionist know of our disappointment, no consolation was offered.

Complimentary breakfast was adequate and typical for this chain: scrabbled eggs, hard boiled eggs, breakfast meat, toast, bagels, English muffins, pastry. fruit, cereal, oatmeal, make your own waffles, juice, yogurt and more.

The outdoor pool and hot tub were clean and inviting but no towels were at pool side. The fitness center complete with cardio machines and weights was convenient. The sundry shop adjacent to the lobby sold snacks, beverages and of course sundries.

Our very clean, spacious two bed queen room was quiet. There was an office chair work desk and chair. Upon entry to our room there was a very strong deodorizer smell that made my eyes and nose water; the windows did not open and compounded the problem. I reported this to reception and requested a fan. It was promptly provided to air out the room. A clean hotel does not require air sanitizer.

In room amenities typical for this hotel chain include but not limited to: coffee maker, frig, hair dryer iron/board and micro wave. The bathroom had a very nice large walk in shower with an adjustable shower head.
Free parking, free internet. Business center with printer.

Be sure to use your AARP or AAA benefits if you have them.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gershwin12
Hampton F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Aransas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Thank you so much for your review! Detailed and objective feedback like yours is very valuable to us at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Port Aransas. I will be addressing the issues mentioned in the survey with the front desk and housekeeping staff to ensure that these are not reoccurring. Thank you for helping us improve our service with your feedback, and for being a member of the Hilton Honors program! We hope to see you again the next time you return to Port Aransas!