“Fancy Food Yet Informal”
Review of Liberty Hall

Liberty Hall
Ranked #16 of 80 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We arrived with three hungry teens and a 6-year-old. The staff was friendly and accommodating and brought us excellent meals. Thank you, Liberty Hall.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We come here every time we visit Port A. Tonight I had the Grilled Snapper with Asian Creole sauce, it was exceptional. My husband had the Swordfish and loved it. We had the toasted pound cake with lemon curd and the chocolate cake foe dessert, both were amazing.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

4 of us ate at Liberty Hall recently and as usual the service was very, very slow. The food here is usually very good although i can say the fried shrimp really fell short of my expectations. I would recommend trying this place if you haven't eaten here before but the very slow service can ruin an otherwise great meal.

1  Thank Tex R
Reviewed 28 June 2017

The fish we got were fresh and tasted very good. The chef obviously knows how to cook. Having said that, there was no way it was worth $30 per entree. We left hungry and ripped off.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, great menu. Ordered the knife and fork Caesar salad. Wonderful dressing.
Ordered the shrimp and fish curry. Was told the fish was Ling, which I was looking forward to trying. When my plate arrived it had a nice portion of mussels. I immediately asked the server if the menu description stated mussels and was told it was a bonus from the chef. I am extremely allergic to mussels! They wanted to "redo" the plate which I interpreted to mean they would take to the kitchen and just take the mussels off. To be safe I ordered the crab topped snapper. My two dining companions had crab cakes and drum which they both shared as I waited for my entree. Very good and fresh. When my entree arrived it was very, very good.
The reason for my 3 stars was mostly because of our server. Very attentive twice-when ordering and when picking up the money. Totally ignored us after the mussel incident, never came back to make sure everything had worked out. The hostess stopped by, another server , a young man, sold and delivered desserts and coffee. He even cleared the table and brought the check. Our "former" server walked by our table many times but never acknowledged us. We wanted to tip the young man separately but he told us the tips were pooled. Too bad that he did the work and she gets $.
Great food. Get rid of the plastic water glasses and the styrofoam coffee cups! They don't go with the beautiful wine glasses and tablecloths.