“Felt Ripped Off”

Liberty Hall
Ranked #16 of 80 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 28 June 2017

The fish we got were fresh and tasted very good. The chef obviously knows how to cook. Having said that, there was no way it was worth $30 per entree. We left hungry and ripped off.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, great menu. Ordered the knife and fork Caesar salad. Wonderful dressing.
Ordered the shrimp and fish curry. Was told the fish was Ling, which I was looking forward to trying. When my plate arrived it had a nice portion of mussels. I immediately asked the server if the menu description stated mussels and was told it was a bonus from the chef. I am extremely allergic to mussels! They wanted to "redo" the plate which I interpreted to mean they would take to the kitchen and just take the mussels off. To be safe I ordered the crab topped snapper. My two dining companions had crab cakes and drum which they both shared as I waited for my entree. Very good and fresh. When my entree arrived it was very, very good.
The reason for my 3 stars was mostly because of our server. Very attentive twice-when ordering and when picking up the money. Totally ignored us after the mussel incident, never came back to make sure everything had worked out. The hostess stopped by, another server , a young man, sold and delivered desserts and coffee. He even cleared the table and brought the check. Our "former" server walked by our table many times but never acknowledged us. We wanted to tip the young man separately but he told us the tips were pooled. Too bad that he did the work and she gets $.
Great food. Get rid of the plastic water glasses and the styrofoam coffee cups! They don't go with the beautiful wine glasses and tablecloths.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to liberty hall for our wedding anniversary. It is one of the best meals I have ever had! Fresh sea food with a gourmet twist. Also had great ambiance and service!

1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

This is our 2nd visit to Port Aransas and our 3rd stop at Guy's restaurants. I can tell you that you will never be disappointed. We ate at the Pelican Club and now twice at Liberty Hall and without a doubt they have the best seafood on the island.
The staff is well dressed, polite, and very informed about the dishes. And dishes served are well presented and cooked to perfection. Linda has always placed the center of attention to the customers. Hats off to the Chef and his crew for their attention to detail and focused on what leaves their kitchen.
I have read negative reviews about prices and I strongly disagree. I mean come on , it's fine dining and terrific prices. Bet ya take photos and share the experience when you return home from vacation

Reviewed 26 May 2017

My husband and I were devastated last year when we drove up to The Pelican Club and found it closed. This year, we discovered Liberty Hall, where the chef and Head Waitress Linda have now landed. The food is excellent, although I wish this new iteration offered the famous pan fried oysters! I started with the spicy deviled eggs, topped with fried shrimp, which were delicious. Next was the "knife-and-fork" Caesar salad, which is quite large - enough for two. My husband ordered the scallops special, topped with crab and served with Creole sauce, which was fantastic. Our only negative was that the ceiling fans were turned up so high that the food cooled off too quickly. We're so happy that a fine quality restaurant is once again available in Port A, and will definitely be back!