“Dead Cow Island would be a better name than St. Jo's Island”
Review of Fisherman's Wharf

Fisherman's Wharf
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I went with some friends to the island, and from the description I read, it sounded beautiful. When we got there, it was anything but. The place was horrific. We even saw a dead, decaying, headless cow, floating in the water, trapped by the rocks. It was only a few yards from where people were fishing, I might add. It turns out the place is owned by one of the Bass brothers and no one takes care of it. It is covered in garbage, and you can't even leave the concrete walkway without risking your safety. We were stuck there for two hours waiting for the boat to come back. I should have never gotten off the boat because once we pulled up to the dock I could smell the decay, but I was trying to be optimistic. This experience made me far less eager to return to Port Aransas. Everyone I asked gave us sketchy information and just acted weird when I asked about the island. I should have take the hint although it was subtle. I would have appreciated if someone had just told us the truth about how dreadful it really is.

1  Thank cazoboj
"lighthouse"
in 5 reviews
"tackle"

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Can be pricey. We like to see the boats come in and put up their fish on the rack. Great place to see and take pics of the caught fish.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

Our bay fishing charter left from the Fisherman's Wharf.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

This place has been here for over 60 years. You will not go wrong with the guides. Only complaint is they smoke inside.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We went the first day to see what it was all about and stayed for 2 hours. It was so enjoyable that we went back the next day and stayed for 5 hours. The second day was on a Saturday and it seemed that 50 people were on the island with us --- but 45 of them were fishing from the jetty. That left 5 of us with 2 miles of beach to ourselves. We're going back next year and have decided we will take a cooler full of food and plan on staying the whole day.

3  Thank LesASTau