“Kitchen is open!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Kitchen is open!”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Since my last visit, Tarpon Ice House has open a kitchen. They smoke and BBQ their own meats, brisket, pork and sausage. They have potato salad, beans, and cole slaw. All food is homemade. Prices range from $5.50 for sandwich to $10.50 for a three meat plate. Best in town and the locals seem to agree. They have the coldest beer in town. Their facility is clean, even the bathrooms. They have fabulous LIVE MUSIC and FRIENDLY STAFF. They are also pet friendly and families welcome. If you are in Port Aransas this is a must go to place. Also...Manger, Len can perform LEGAL MARRIAGES and Kim is a NOTARY. Don't miss out on this one.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank goodvibe1411

Port Aransas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A review from a local's point of view....”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I have lived in Port "A" since 1999 and have been to every bar and hang out there is... The Tarpon Ice House is my favorite place to hang out. Paul and DeeDee have done a great job, there is no telling what you are going to find when you walk through the door. I host an Jam session open to all levels of expertise almost every Sunday around 4-5pm. It is a dog friendly place. The same rules apply to the dogs as they do to humans, no fighting and no peeing or pooping on the floor,. It is also kid friendly.... just don't get to drunk to drive the kids where ever you have to go. If we think you are, we will put you and the kids in a cab and you can pick your vehicle up the next day.... There is live music most weekends Thur-Sat and the jam on Sunday's. Sometimes a small cover charge depending on the Band or Artist but most of the time it is free, just a tip jar. There is only beer and wine but you can bring your own bottle in if you buy the setups there..... Hope to see come in and join in the fun ---- Vandamonium and DeeOhGee(my owner)!

Visited July 2011
5 Thank vandamonium
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Coastal Vacation destination!”
Reviewed 16 April 2011

My hubby and I were there for the first Annual Al Barlow Music Festival last year and will be there for the Second Annual Festival this May!. Can't wait! Cool atmosphere, laid back, friendly staff and patrons. Reasonable prices!

Visited May 2010
5 Thank Shadymoon6
Milliken
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great environment and fabulous music!!”
Reviewed 4 April 2011

As Winter Texans we spent two months in Port A and never missed a Friday or Saturday night at the Tarpon Ice House. Music was unbelievable, writers like Carol Elliott early for happy hour, and then Stuart Burnes, Cody Angel, etc. for listening and dancing. This talent can't be found most places!!. Believe us, we have looked!!! Wonderful open bar, with great people. Go visit and enjoy!!! We are still going through withdrawal!! What a wonderful addition to Port A!!!

Visited February 2011
6 Thank ranglo
Washington D.C.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a jewel!!!Great Live Music!!!”
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I stumbled on this place in the middle of town one night. I thought it was a sleepy little locals bar but then about 5pm The pace started buzzing with people and activity to find out that it was not only a locals hangout but also an international magnet. At one point in the evening I was at a table with people that are from4 different countries. People were playing there guitars on the front porch while the band at the back stage prepared for one incredible night of music. I can't remember the name of the band, but they were great!!! I will be back every time I'm in Port Aransas, it feels like home.

7 Thank jonnyrivers31