“Good place for breakfast”
Review of Busy Bee Cafe

Busy Bee Cafe
Ranked #140 of 249 Restaurants in Pearland
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Lived in Pearland for several years in the early 80s and was passing through on my way to Hobby Airport or an early morning flight. Had some time to kill so a breakfast at Busy Bee was in order. The place was populated by the local breakfast crowd. I ordered their "build-a-breakfast" and settled down to listen to the local chatter. As I sat there, I imagined that I could be sitting at one of those tables with the locals if we still lived here. That was a nice thought as they discussed the events of the day as broadcast on the overhead TVs. Soon enough, my food came. It was usual breakfast fare, prepared just as I had ordered - good but nothing special. What was special was the atmosphere of a small town eatery - comfortable and friendly. It certainly wasn't fastfood. These are the types of places that are slowly dying in this country. Give me the small, local places anytime. Sometimes they're just OK and sometimes they're exceptional. Life's too short to go to McDonald's.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped in with co workers for lunch, I had the hamburger wrap and it was ok. The staff were very nice and had the southern charm.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

For years i passed by this place but never stopped. Recently a car club i belong to met there for breakfast. Excellent breakfast, eggs cooked to order, bacon and sausage perfect, and wonderful biscuits

Reviewed 14 March 2017

My wife and I get 'room and board' at the assisted care facility where the staff help us cope with her Alzheimer's dementia. But the routine of our lives often carries us near the Busy Bee, where Broadway crosses the railroad track, and the funky romance of the name and location tugged at my adventurous side until we stopped in for dinner. It's a jumbled cavern with several dining areas, very friendly people, and a gourmand's menu--large portions, lots of grease and gravy, and dollops of comfort. Leave your diet conscience at the curb, and take a time-capsule dive into a cafe that says 'howdy' every way but loose.

1  Thank BillyPilgrim615
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

I ordered the chicken fried chicken.. it was fresh, hot, and very tender. The gravy was spot on. They had chicken and dumplins, the white meat chicken was abundant and dumplings were cooked perfectly.