“Excellent service and great flavors”
Review of Chuy's

Chuy's
Ranked #31 of 227 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

My car rental from Houston Bush IAH to Galveston got a flat tire. I wanted a place to stop once I got back on the road and saw Chuy’s from the Beltway, remembering my cousin mentioning the name a couple years ago. I pulled off the road with 10 minutes left before closing time, but the manager, Jose M. welcomed me in. He came by to personally ask how the food and service was and how I heard about it. He gave me background on the hand painted tiles from a family in Mexico and the metal art palm trees, the classic car room and the fish and portraits. I found those details interesting. The flavors were excellent and all of the staff were kind and cheerful, even though it past closing. I was very grateful for this stop after a long ordeal of waiting on the side of the road and not eating or drinking anything since early that morning. Also, sometimes vegetarian options aren’t as flavorful but the Vegetarian combo was very good and had a nice kick of spice. I liked the blue corn tortilla with the enchilada also. Both chip dips had great spice and the lime tasted really fresh.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Wanted to try out this location of Chuy’s. We’ve eaten at several other locations. I ordered the Mexi-Cobb salad and my coworker ordered the fajita nachos. The salad was consistent with other locations where I’ve had it. My coworker said the fajita nachos were good. But stated the nachos had a minimal amount of meat.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Chuy's is my new favorite restaurant. My family enjoys Tex-Mex at least a couple of times per week, and we find Chuy's cuisine to be more flavorful than other restaurants in the area. Try the spicy rice instead of the traditional Spanish rice. Order the #1 Deluxe and make a substitution or two if you like ... it's plentiful enough for two hearty diners to share. Daytime visitors can enjoy the "taco car," free of charge. I really like the chicken flautas, served with a delightful chipotle sauce. The fajitas are good as well. Haven't found anything I don't like. This is Texas, where we say a Tex-Mex restaurant is only as good as it's sauces. Chuy's has a very nice red salsa, and a superb salsa verde you should try, but be aware you may have to ask for it.