Kings Inn Motel
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Check-in was easy and quick, really a good deal with recently updated rooms.......
. .Free Wi-Fi, micro and fridge availability.Rooms are specious and hygienic....... really a good service by the staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Angela D
kingsinnmotel, Webmaster at Kings Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you. Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so pleased that you found us a clean and pleasant place to stay and that our amenities were to your liking. We take real pride in this hotel and in serving guests like you, and I’m extremely happy that you had such a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were on a 2,000 mile road trip and were more interested in covering miles than lingering at a fancy, well appointed, luxury hotel. If the place was clean, quiet, secure and cheap it would fit our needs.

For about $40 we both agreed that we got more that we had expected. Included with the room were free WiFi, mid level cable, a fridge and microwave.

Some of the things that also didn't came along with the rock bottom price was breakfast. The manager told us that he didn't serve breakfast but that coffee would be available at the office in the morning. I think this amenity was only available to the very early risers. When we got to the office the coffee pot was empty and the desk person was not willing to make a fresh brew.
The Paris Kings Inn also provides rooms to more permanent residents, so the mix of people included local individuals as well as people traveling through.

In summary the room and amenities were worth more to us than the price we paid.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrjoef

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased that you had a generally good experience with us, but I’m very concerned that we didn’t live up to your standards or expectations in every way and that our service was somewhat lacking. We take great pride in our hotel, and I hope that shows. We’re also always working to get better too. I hope you always make us your first choice when in the Paris area.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

As my title states, The hotel actually looks better on the outside than the inside and it's falling apart. On checking in we were greeted with a overpowering smell of moth balls and the office we checked in at looked terrible. Kings Inn is run by an old Indian couple so English is very limited, not friendly. We paid by visa card but wish we just walked away after seeing the outside. Kings Inn over looks Lilly Queen Chinese restaurant which too looks in a bad state of repair both inside and out. Anyway, getting towards the hotel room which was on the 2nd floor, old rusty cast iron steps and a concrete covered balcony that rocks and creeks all over, (they just covered over rotting wood) Our hotel room was a non smoking room as requested but the rooms besides and below it were smoking as we could tell once inside the room, smelled really bad of stale smoke and after we sprayed it with air freshener the smoke kept on coming back. Our room had a wobbly tiled bathroom floor as the tiles were broken. When ever we ran water the pipes made a fog horn sound. The room had live wires sticking out of the walls, you would have thought they'd have covered them over. The whole room was tired and dirty, we found a dirty thong by the side of the bed so I guess it wasn't cleaned so good. Avoid this place unless you have no money or can't get a room.

Room Tip: If you don't mind smoke and dirt, get a downstairs room and don't touch anything.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Richard H

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our busy hotel here in Paris. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable and that you didn’t like the inside or outside of our hotel. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

This was, BY FAR, the most horrible place I've ever stayed. The rooms were in bad shape, the bed was uncomfortable, the staff was rude, the water didn't stay hot, the faucets made a weird noise every time you used them...I could go on and on. My family stayed there for 2 nights this past weekend for a local motocross race. We were there with 2 other families. There were some extended stay guests that were up literally ALL night long both night. When management (foreigner) was approached about the issue 'aren't all hotels loud?'. Management also refused to refund money. It was crazy!! Please, just spend the extra $20 and get yourself a nice room somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank MXMOM_3

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to comment about our independent hotel here in Paris. Your comments are very much appreciated and help us improve. I'm terribly sorry you had a bad experience with us. Your experience isn't an indication of how most guests view the hotel, and I regret that we didn't do better for you. You deserve a room that meets your needs and exceeds your expectations, and we have made changes to make sure visitors now find a better experience than ever before.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I've stayed at the Kings' Inn many times over the last several months while in town on business; and have zero complaints. It's my understanding these are new owners who recently purchased the hotel (within the last year). First, the hotel itself: clean, reasonably-priced, and included a microwave and fridge (that actually holds a pizza box, unlike other hotels). The owners, staff and housekeeping were fantastic to deal with as well. While there, I personally witnessed a new roof being put on, as well as many rooms being re-painted and new beds being brought into the facility. It is quite obvious the new owners are making a serious effort to turn this place around. I'll continue to stay there whenever I'm in Paris. After reading the two reviews from 2008 and 2010, I felt it imperative to make a strong statement that the new owners are obviously on the right track. If you're planning to stay in Paris, I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Erica M

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us now and in the past and for noticing our efforts to improve the hotel. I’m very glad that our hotel impressed you in so many ways. We focus on offering a guest experience that will satisfy a wide range of travelers. When you’re in the area again, I hope you will make us your first choice once again. We’ve continued to improve. We’ll be here when you need us with another great stay that you’re sure to like again.