“Business Trip 2018”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Been to New Braunsfel a couple of different times and wanted to try this place. Alto good, not great....... The place was nice and clean, and the waiter (Daniel) was polite and gave great service.... Ordered the T-Bone, fries, and Mac & Cheese. The steak was cooked perfect Medium like I like it, tender, but lacked that great steak flavor. Fries were good, Mac & Cheese again not much flavor. The steak sauce was really good, but don't normally use it when the steak good. Will give them a second try, next time I am down.... Like I said it was good, Just not great..........

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I adore this restaurant! All of the dishes were good sized and had great tasting flavor. I love the options. Instead of offer white potatoes as a side, they also have the option of sweet potatoes.

Thank Evelyne's Epicu... E
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The waiter was nice and tried... But the kitchen staff couldn't get it together. We got there at 7:15, ordered 2 medium steaks, and a chicken strip kids meal. The kids meal was fine, but the steaks came out waaaaay overdone, like grey boiled shoe leather. I showed the waiter and he agreed and sent them back, but then we waited..and waited... over an hour.... Finally told them if they EVER come out to pack them to go... It was close to 9pm when they finally came out, and then the ribeye was undercooked, and sirloin was overcooked, but not as bad as before. We asked for a manager, while we were waiting, but we're told he was in the back helping cook, because of all the steaks that other diners had sent back. Tasted the steak, very bland, had no seasoning or anything. I felt bad for the waiter, but felt we should have gotten a discount or something., but didn't. for a $50 meal that was ridiculous! We have had great experiences there in the past, but this time it fell way below the mark.

Sophia C, Guest Relations Manager at Montana Mike's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Lonnie, we are very disappointed to learn about your experience at our New Braunfels location. Our cooks work very hard to make sure every dish we serve is up to par, so we apologize for your overcooked steaks. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and we will share your comments with our kitchen staff in an effort to help improve the quality of our meals for future guests. Please know this experience is not representative of the level of service we ever want to provide our guests, so we hope you can give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to several Montana Mike’s in various cities. Never disappointed. Relaxed environment and consistent.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

We have eaten at Montana Mike's a half a dozen times in the past. Usually a group Christmas Party. I must say the food is always tasty. However, I must also say the food is always barely warm to cold. Yep, I know, because it is a party. They could bring it out as it is done instead of waiting to fill a tray. Also, The portion size for the last 2 meals my wife & I had on 9 Dec were way too small; especially considering the price! My wife & I are trying to loose some weight so we tried to find menu items that were healthy (not much there). I ordered the grilled shrimp ($13.49). What I got was 10 tiny grilled shrimp. Maybe 3 ounces worth. Less than a dollars worth at our local grocery if they even carry anything that small. I have been cooking shrimp for over 35 years and buy it almost weekly so I know sizes. Add some green beans and a small bowl salad and a roll and it is not worth the money. My wife had the grilled chicken ($10.49). What she got was a half a chicken breast! Maybe 3-4 ounces. They sell the same item ones again at our local grocery! Usually get 4 for about $4. Once again only $1 worth the meat. She did have a bowl of mushrooms and a salad & roll too. Restaurants need to make money but that does not cut it. Looking around the room, Most of the fried items & burgers seemed to be proportioned ok. Bottom line? We won't be back. If you go, avoid shrimp or chicken! See what other folks get before you order!

2  Thank usedphoto
Sophia C, Guest Relations Manager at Montana Mike's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

We’re sorry your visit with us did not meet expectations. We certainly strive to provide our guests with fresh and high quality meals, so we apologize for your meal not being up to par. We appreciate your feedback and will relay it back to our kitchen staff in an effort to help improve for our future guests.