6,641 results
All reviews privilege lounge privilege package privilege guests privilege service pool area piano bar half board a la carte restaurants buffet restaurant junior suite sea view every night lovely hotel foam party main restaurant branded drinks reception staff
Reviewed 2 April 2018

´We have been coming to tenerife for over 10 years, would not go to any other hotel but Conquistador, very helpful staff, very corteous, food is excellent even the entertainment is outstanding. Looking forward to our next trip in September.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Dotflow,

Thanks for your loyalty through this years and for the comment you made.

It is a pleasure to read that the service from the staff, the variety of food and the entertainment covered your expectations once again.

We are looking forward your next stay in September.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I'm not really sure how this hotel has got such rave reviews. On initially arriving in the darkness it was a delight to step out of the coach and into the splendour of the reception area - it appears truly magnificent with the shiny floors, lighting and posh bar. But the minute we stepped into the lifts my heart sank a little. Everywhere appeared a little gloomy, tired - in need of a lick of paint and perhaps some new carpets down the hallway (on level 3 anyway). We paid the basic price for a room without a sea view. It was myself and daughter aged 23 and we were hoping to spend more time out of the room than in. The room was basic, nothing special - the bathroom a little outdated. The balcony still overlooked the sea and the mountains to our right. The view was simply breath taking - but the balcony never received any sunshine at all (I think I'd pay the extra for a sea view if I wanted a bit of sun in the room). The TV reception and wifi was brilliant BBC and ITV. The staff never looked overworked to me - they were friendly enough. The room didn't have a kettle so I requested one, 14Euros? but the tea bags and sugar were never replaced and neither was there any milk so we had to buy out own (tip: take a travel kettle). The pool area was okay - a bit tired, could do with a lick of paint around the edges. There is a privileged part to the Hotel, where those who want to feel like royalty for a week can pay the extra - and they get to sit in an island in the pool with softened sunbeds and foliage whilst those of us who are more frugal sit around the outside of the pool squashed together like sardines. There is not much space between sunbeds and you could very easily touch the person next to you accidently. There are bed sofa's facing the sea adjacent to the pool and this area is truly fabulous for watching the sea and people walk by. The Hotel is not near a decent beach - it is on the coast by rocks but to get to a good beach you have to walk about 15 minutes away (and we are fast walkers). The entertainment was so so - but not as good as other Hotels I've stayed in. We wanted a late checkout but it wasn't possible. So we used a complimentary room to shower (a 30 minute slot between us). For the first time we used a different side to the Hotel where the complimentary room was. This side (to the left as you walk into the Hotel) seemed far nicer. More up to date and a little more exclusive (perhaps many people who write the reviews stay here). Once we had vacated our room for 12 noon everything was taken off us. Wifi, and tokens - so we could not use the dining room for buffet unless we paid extra. We were not told that when we arrived we could use the buffet straightaway and it was our own fault if we didn't realise this (arrived on a Sunday at around 9pm and were given a bag of sandwiches - if I had been advised I could have used the buffet I would have done), anyway, we were not allowed to use it the Sunday we were leaving (around 7.30pm) unless we paid18Euros each. My tip: If you arrive in the evening before 9.30pm you are actually paying for the buffet, so give them their sandwiches back and go and enjoy the buffet instead.
The food is gorgeous and lots of varieties, except if you are veggie (which I am), I would have enjoyed some Curry's and spicy choices but my daughter loved what was offered and could not fault the buffets. We did breakfast and dinner which was enough for us.
I think we were fooled by the prices on Tui which suggested we were saving such a lot of money by booking this Hotel so we thought we were getting a bargain for a little luxury. It was not luxury - more standard.
I have not been to Las Americas for around 12 years. It's changed, it's becoming like Bendidorm which is great if that is what you enjoy.
Overall, I think we paid far too much money for this Hotel, they need to get it refurbished, sort out the sunbeds so that they are are less intimately placed and send the security guard for communication training. Twice he stopped us at the door in bouncer-like fashion checking we were valid users in true security style (no smiles at all). We love security, we are Mancunians and understand it is necessary - but a nice smile would have reinforced the holiday mood for us - and why didn't he check everyone?
No, we won't be visiting this Hotel again - it was not good value for the money we paid.

Room Tip: Pay for sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank blondewillow

Dear Blondewillow,

Thanks for your comment and suggestions concerning your stay.

Concerning the dinner the day you check out, we would like to inform you that you were half board, means breakfast and dinner. The day you went home we offered you lunch instead the dinner, so you did not missed it.

Please accept our apologies for not being able to make your stay with us as you expected. We will take your comments into consideration and continue working hard every day to make each and every guest happy while staying at the H10 Conquistador.

We strive to offer an excellent holiday experience for all our Guests and we hope that in the future you will give us the opportunity to recover your confidence in us.

Kindest regards from H10Conquistador's Team!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We have just returned from a weeks stay at this excellent hotel, our third visit . From checking in it was so relaxing and friendly nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff they are all so pleasant and helpful. We stayed all inclusive which was ideal and we were able to visit the 4 a la carte restaurants which were excellent particularly the Italian and steak restaurants. The pool area is really exceptional the attendants really take a pride in this area. The sunbed situation works really well as any towels left on beds before 9.00 are removed . The only problem we found was the main restaurant the food was not the best and the hot food area is quite poor whenever we got there around 8 o'clock there was very little left and by the time you choose your food it's so far back to your table it's cold. The lunch time was far better but still not the best. But the rest of the holiday experience at the Conquistador for out weighs that. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and will certainly be visiting again soon.

Room Tip: Go for pool/sea view higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Linter2015,

Thanks for choosing the H10 Conquistador to enjoy your holidays by the third time and for recommending us.

We are pleased that you were satisfied with our theme restaurants, the pool area and the all in package. We take pride in our staff and value your positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The staff at this hotel really made our holiday.
The staff are amazing, Carmilo at the bar was extreamly friendly and made us feel very welcome every night. Rodolfo was lays there to get the singing going too.
I would highly recommend the privilege package to anyone wanting a hassle free stay in tenerife.
This is our second stay at the hotel and I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jamieleefinch,

Thanks for your kindly words regarding our staff, who every day tries to make your holidays unforgettable, and we are happy to read we certainly did with you.

We are delighted to read that we met your expectations once again woth our Privilege Package.

Hoping to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I’m pleased to say that the Conquistador is better than ever. Prior to arrival I asked if we could be located in a specific room which they happily obliged, this set the tone for the whole trip. Not only was our junior suite facing the sea, it had a lovely big balcony that got the sun for most of the day. The room itself was clean and spacious, just perfect for my husband and I and our children. All the staff were great especially those that manned reception always keen to help and nothing too much of a problem. The food has improved too we stayed half board and really loved the option of swapping dinner for lunch which gave us the flexibility to dine out in the resort at night. If you have a family then I couldn’t recommend this hotel enough. The location is perfect and the mix of children and adult facilities is just right to ensure the adults in the group still get a sophisticated break. Looking forward to our return- thank you Conquistador team for another brilliant break!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank tulip801
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Tulip801,

Many thanks for your kind words following your stay with us at H10 Conquistador.

We are delighted that after a long journey to us that you found the hotel welcoming and that you enjoyed your stay due to the food, the location, the room and the service from the staff. We have passed on you kind words the team here.

Please do visit us again soon.