3,414 results
All reviews plunge pool pianist playing mare nostrum resort the hard rock cafe mediterranean hotel on arrival sea view sister hotel glass of champagne breakfast was amazing top floor lovely hotel bed and breakfast basis chocolate fountain superior room gala dinner safari centre
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival we were given a class of champagne as we checked in, our suitcases were brought to our room and service was very welcoming.
Our room was extremely dated and definitely not fit for a 4 star rating the bathroom smelled like sewage and the grout was disgusting with mould. There was a damp patch in the ceiling outside our room which began to leak and caused my 1 year old daughter to fall, we reported this and it was fixed 2 days later and we were offered a pool view room, given that we could already see the pool from our room and didn't find the rooms were very inviting and therefore didn't want tonsoend any amount of time in them we didn't tho k it was worth the upheaval as we were due to leave in 2 days. We were offered to keep our room on longer which was helpful however does not make up for the fact we paid for 4 star and got a terrible standard of room. I am not one for complaining but I think people need to k is that this hotel is more 3 star and if you are happy for that standard of room then why in the hotel.next door which has the same decor but more entertainment and actually looks a bit better and is only 3 star.

The pool area is clean and fairly quiet however we were not allowed to use a float for my 1 year old on the big pool.

We were bed and breakfast therefore o it experienced breakfast food. Food was okay however get there early otherwise there's lots of queues l, because one if us had to sit with my daughter this meant we all ate breakfast separately by the time we had waited in queues. We had dirty cutlery on our table a few times through the week however other than this cleanliness levels were good.

Hotel location is excellent hand for the beach and restaurants, really reccomend the British restaurant across the road in the Safari centre.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunbeam909
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a week in August and I've got to say it's probably the nicest hotel we've ever stayed at in Europe. The place is spotless from top to bottom,the breakfast is lovely(and I'm a fussy eater abroad) but we ate our fill every day.the pool area is like Caesars palace in Vegas.absoloutely stunning. The photos on the website don't do it justice.
Perfect location right on the beach.cant praise it enough.will definitely stay here again if we come back to this resort.loved EVERYTHING about it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Garry K
Alejandro C, General Manager at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Garry K,
It has been a pleasure reading your very detailed review about your recent stay with us.
Thank you very much for your detailed and positive report. I´m very pleased to know that our services, facilities and location have surpassed your expectations.
I am truly happy to know of your satisfaction and I really hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon. Exceptional guests like you are our best credit and we will always be happy to share our best smiles with you.

Warmest regards,

Alejandro Crespo General Manager

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Our 10 day stay at the Cleopatra beginning of August group of 8.
Transfer from the airport is only around 20 mins which is just perfect.
Arrived at this most elegant of hotels to be greeted with a man and a trolley, he quickly loaded them on and dutifully waited for us to book in.
Booking in was a breeze and the receptionists were lovely, smiley happy people and eager to help us in any way, while booking in we were handed a glass of bubbly.
They told us about a show that the staff were putting on below the Hard rock café called Summer nights the following evening, we thought it was just a usual type show where you sit and endure a couple of hours of the usual tomfoolery so gave it a miss, the next day we heard some of the show through the wall as they were practicing, it sounded good, we still decided to watch it the following week instead, our mistake! We should have gone to both shows, the effort they all put in to the show you found it hard to believe they were the house maids, maintenance and reception staff and so on… Great show a must see, and to top it all it was for free and you even were given a free drink after the show where you could chat to all who took part, well done Cleopatra staff, great show.
This is a very impressive hotel on a big complex where you can use any of the other hotels pools and amenities.
The rooms were OK, not brilliant but certainly good enough and clean, at the end of the day do you really go on holiday to sit in a room, you are a fool if you do.
The breakfast was amazing with everything from freshly squeezed orange juice, continental, English to caviar, and a lovely pianist playing all through breakfast, a five star experience indeed.
I made a couple mistakes over next days, we would go to breakfast and at the same time put a few towels over the sunbeds, we would then go and change then pop to the supermarket to get snacks and drinks to eat round the pool for lunch, when we came back (after about an hour) our towels were folded up on a table and some Italian guests were lying on three of the five beds, of course I though “how rude” and sat glaring at them until they gave us one back, they later left probably feeling awkward, I just couldn’t believe the manners of some people!
Next day same thing, came back to find them folded again, and a towel and a bag on two of our beds, at this I saw red, removed the towel and folded it then got back onto the bed, after the day was done chatting to my father on the balcony he said it was the towel man who had done this! I felt awful having being rude to the other guests on my eviction, blaming them, it is the first hotel I have been to where this happens, I apologize to these guests, I did not know it wasn’t them, it is a good idea but the towel man needs to leave a note on the folded towels to say what has happened to avoid any confusion.
The entertainment was pretty much all at the hotel next door, it would be nice to have at least a few nights where it is at the Cleopatra but it didn’t bother us as we went out and found most of ours (tip, on a Tuesday at around 10:30 there is an Irish bar behind the Argentine with a drag act, absolutely brilliant, a must see)
The hotel is perfectly placed for beaches and restaurants, with Los Christianos a short walk one way and Player main strip the other way (not worth going as too much in your face) the hotel itself makes you feel special with its beauty inside and out, yes of course there are a couple of bits here and there that could do with slight attention, but is there a hotel at this price anywhere that doesn’t.
We would like to thank all of the staff at the hotel for making our stay a warm and special one and to Sintija for her most beautiful smile, well done everyone, we will be back one day.
C Wootton.

Room Tip: High up in the middle, end pool view rooms do not get much to see.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Colin W

Dear Colin W,

Thank you very much for your detailed and positive report and five-star review! I´m very pleased to know that our services, facilities and location have surpassed your expectations

We are delighted to know you had such an enjoyable experience at our Hotel. Thank you as well for your kind words about our staff and for highlighting their efficient work and positive attitude. We will forward your message to our Team, they will be very happy to hear your feedback about the musical.

I will transmit your comments to all departments and we look forward to welcome you in our hotel soon.
Warmest regards, Alejandro Crespo, General Manager of Mare Nostrum Resort.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Big hotel and resort but pool area lovely.
Breakfast lovely, rooms nice and clean.
Bed could be a little better but really enjoyed our stay.
Location is amazing, right at beach, town, walks, shops. Super hotel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank HolidayGalDublin
Alejandro C, General Manager at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive! We are delighted to know you had such an enjoyable experience at our Hotel. Thank you as well for your kind words about our services and facilities, also im very happy to know that you could enjoy the breakfast , pool area and the rooms. We will forward your message to our Team, they will be very happy to hear your feedback.
I hope we can welcome you again very soon.
Don't forget view our web page , you will find advantges , also at our Facebook page.

Kind Regards,
Alejandro Crespo,
General Manager.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Just arrived back from 10 day stay here with my wife and youngest daughter. From the moment we arrived and handed a glass of cava I could not fault the staff, cleanliness of the hotel and overall facilities. The breakfast is very good buffet style and the pool is quiet with ample beds and umbrellas throughout the day. Note no inflatables are allowed in the main pool only the small kids pool. This hotel is the quiet one along with its next door neighbour the Mediterranean palace which is bigger and caters more for young families.

The hotel is in prime location on the beach joining Playa de las Américas with los cristianos.

The rooms I found good with tv showing lots of English channels (free view) and mini fridge. Safe box also included. I found the beds quiet uncomfortable as did my wife but you can’t please everyone I guess. My daughter(11 while we was there) slept on a mini bed which was better than a camp bed and she slept very well. They also put balloons outside our door and popped a note under the door advising she had a surprise for breakfast which was a cake.

I found the room decor dated and dark and our bathroom had some fittings needing upgrading and tidying up but it all worked ok.

Be warned the drinks and food around the pool and bar are on the expensive side especially as you can grab a beer at any restaurant nearly for 1 Euro all day. We also got a note under the door advising us to remove towels from the balcony as it upset the image. I sort of agree with this but they could have advised this at check in or had details of rules etc in the room.

All in all I would recommend this hotel for older couples and those with children age 10+

Believe me looking around the resort the Cleopatra is one of the best In town.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family