I had read the reviews when booking this 4 star hotel which is located in a nice area between Americas and Cristianos and decided to boom 1 week here on a half board basis. Overall I was not disappointed and I can understand why the reviews are so positive. Here is how I found it.First of all the positives. Staff generally friendly and helpful, rooms are quite good but perhaps getting a little dated, the food quality and choice for breakfast and lunch was good on the whole for a buffet style, the pool is a decent size, the free WiFi generally works and has a decent speed. We had a late flight and we could arrange 30 mins for a courtesy room for a shower. Now for some of the things that could be improved. The hotel was pretty full when we visited and there were a couple of days when we struggled to get a sun lounger even if you can use the next door hotel also, the room we stayed in was by the main road which was extremely noisy where every morning at 6am it sounded like trucks were either collecting rubbish or cleaning the streets, this was every morning and did disturb sleep, when going for lunch I could not understand why the waiters would not let you pay for the drinks at the end of your meal. They are constantly asking you mid meal for your name, room number, asking you to pay or sign for it to go on the room, can all be a bit annoying when you are trying to have a relaxing lunch. The mini bar only contained water and the beds were bit the most comfortable. In summary the areas that could be improved are relatively small matters with the exception of the noise. Have I stayed in better 4 star hotels - definitely yes, but then I have stayed in worse 4 star hotels. This is why overall I would probably give this 3.5 out of 5 if I could but in my view not quite 4 or 5 rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beachfront hotel of classic elegance in a fantastic setting right on the world-famous Playa de las Americas in Southern Tenerife, it offers guests comfortable rooms with antique Roman touches, spa relaxation with thalassotherapy and perfect tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Expo Hoteles, Hotels.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cleopatra Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cleopatra Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Cleopatra Palace
- Cleopatra Palace Tenerife
- Cleopatra Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas