Apologies for the lateness of the review but better late than never!!
We visited the Cleopatra Palace in October 2012 for the half term holiday. The hotel itself is ideally located right next to the beach and promenade and forms part of the Mare Nostrum Resort. It is a large hotel and offers good quality facilities. The rooms are of a good standard and allow sufficient space for a short stay at the hotel.
Our room overlooked the pool area and was very close to the nearby main road (the Pyramid end of the complex). I mention this so as to assure that little noise can be heard from the main road during the course of the night, so does not impact on sleep!
We only booked Bed and Breakfast so can only comment on the quality of the food selection in the morning...which was good. The usual 'breakfast buffet' issue of lukewarm food did raise itself but, generally speaking, it was refreshed often enough to be quite enjoyable.
The hotel is located well for a walk along the promenade to either Los Cristianos or Playa de Las Americas. On a nice day these are both walks well worth doing.
The weather was not kind this October (despite being glorious at the same time in 2011) so an element of the holiday itself was spoiled. Due to the bad weather we did use the indoor Spa facilities (16 euro entrance fee per person to use the indoor pool and lounge area). It is quite a lot but was worth doing because the weather was shocking for 2 of the days we were there.
The hotel's best feature is its style and location. Many other hotels nearby appear to be of a similar standard but this has a 'Grand' feel. Overall, the hotel delivers!
I would go back to this hotel and would recommend it to others too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beachfront hotel of classic elegance in a fantastic setting right on the world-famous Playa de las Americas in Southern Tenerife, it offers guests comfortable rooms with antique Roman touches, spa relaxation with thalassotherapy and perfect tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cleopatra Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cleopatra Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Cleopatra Palace
- Cleopatra Palace Tenerife
- Cleopatra Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas