“Perfect location”

Mediterranean Palace Hotel
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We have stayed at this hotel for two weeks each summer for the last few years. The hotel overall is really good however the standard rooms are basic and a tight fit if you have a child with you, but this is the only drawback. The beach is behind the hotel, accessible with your room key through a private gate. At the front of the hotel are fabulous shops from cheap and cheerful to designer. The location just could not be better. The food is also very good with a chef cooking fresh food at breakfast and dinner. There is entertainment every night, but its a bit dated, but just five minutes away is parque de la paz or "the strip", a row of pubs with different shows going on in each one every night, the buzz along the strip is great every night and great fun. The hotel pool is great and always plenty of sunbeds. The staff are friendly, polite and helpful and cannot do enough to help.

Room Tip: The room rates are reasonable, so if you can, get a suite or superior room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank lbfDublin

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Rooms were nice, a bit old, but it was clean and tidy.
Pool area was large and nice. Good food in the snack bar.
Breakfast was very good. A lot of different choices of food.
Hotel had a perfect location. Close to the beach, shopping area and restaurants.
Children play area was perfect for our child.

The reception waiting time was to long. Too few people were working on this large hotel. And of course the extra money they wanted for borrowing the refrigrator.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tombalfc
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed at the mediteranean palace from 8th to 14 march. Fantastic location, everything you need within walking distance. Hotel needs updating and is old fashioned. The room was very clean, but dated. The hairdryer in the bathroom was pathetic, must be about 20 years old. We had a room on the 6th floor, the view was mountains, sea and los cristianos. It wasnt too noisy as we both sleep with ear plugs. You could hear the traffic outside and the odd bit of music, but when your tired, you sleep. We were asked if we wanted to upgrade the room to sea view for an extra 100 euros each, but glad we didnt, couldnt have had a better view than what we had! Not a 5* hotel, but we had a great holiday. We ususally holiday in america and are used to 5* hotels being 5*, but for a short break we had a lovely time.

Room Tip: take your own hairdryer and ear plugs, if you are a light sleeper! Go for a higher floor and mountai...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

stayed here a few times and all i can say is wow wow, lovely hotel friendly staff excellent amenities and location have been upgraded because of over booking problem (not my fault) lol would highly reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: pool view superb
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Right, let me start by saying that the hotel is a lovely building with an excellent pool area and good pool entertainment. Nice location with plenty of nice restaurants and bars close by. The room was clean and the mountain view room was ok. Room size is quite small in my opinion and had two single beds rather than the double I requested. As far as drinks and food it's rather pricey especially as my grilled chicken sandwich came free with metal pot scourer wires inside it for 7euro and my hotdog was a colddog for 4euros. Local beer they serve is ok. They advertise a policy where sunbirds can't be reserved by the pool, this is an untruth as they were reserved every morning whilst people were eating breakfast. The pool aerobics and free scuba diving lessons are fun and a good thing. Right let me get on to what really bothered me, the reception staff weren't very good at all to be honest. Plus everyone around us was greeted with a champagne reception (except me and my gf) probably because we're not OAPs like everybody else in the hotel. Felt the staff didn't take me seriously due to my young age. Also on 3 separate occasions I had cleaners let themselves into my room, once whilst naked in the shower and my girlfriend was in bed. Again when we left a do not disturb sign on the door handle we came back and they had been in the room. My girlfriend had left her iPhone and tiffany jewellery on the side on this occasion, and in the hotels words 'we do not accept responsibility for any items not locked in the safe' don't go into my room then when asked not to!!! And the 3rd occasion was on our last day when we were supposed to be checking out and we are both in bed with nasty hangovers and the cleaner raps briskly on the door at 8.40am walking into our bedroom. I won't repeat what was said to her. My other major problem was the noise. Cab drivers shouting outside at 8am, paper thin walls and doors. Air con noisy. No extractor fan in bathroom wasn't always pleasant. Food was mediocre but not great. And the entertainment is ok for OAPs not much of a young couples holiday really. Doubt I'll go back again...

• Stayed: March 2012
Sol Tenerife by Melia
#33 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
0.7 km away
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#5 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
1.6 km away
Palm Beach Tenerife
Palm Beach Tenerife
#36 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Mediterranean Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mediterranean Palace Hotel

Address: Avda de las Americas s/n | Playa del Camison, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain
Region: Spain > Canary Islands > Tenerife > Playa de las Americas
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#10 On the Beach Hotel in Playa de las Americas
#12 Spa Hotel in Playa de las Americas
#19 Luxury Hotel in Playa de las Americas
#22 Family Hotel in Playa de las Americas
Price Range: €112 - €249 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Mediterranean Palace Hotel 5*
The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expo Hoteles, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mediterranean Palace Tenerife