“Great Family holiday”

HD Parque Cristobal Gran Canaria
Ranked #25 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I was really impressed with the accommodation at the hotel. We stayed in a 2 bedroom bungalow with air con. It was perfect for our needs. Having been informed by Thomas cook of work being done on a new supermarket on the complex I was nervous and so emailed ahead to request a room away which was listened to. We were a family of 4, myself and my husband, my mum and our little 2 year old. Having the 2 bedrooms was perfect, we all had our own space and once our little one had gone to sleep we had the living space and outside area to relax in.

The check in procedure was seamless, they even have a self serve check in area to assist in busier times.

We stayed on a self catering basis so I am unable to rate the all inclusive option. We did eat at the restaurant one evening and found the children's option in particular to be very good. They had their own buffet area at a lower height to allow them to choose their own, great idea! We also used the snack bars for lunch on a couple of occasions and we were pleased with the selection and price. There are plenty of restaurants close by if you are self catering and taxis are really cheap if you wanted to venture further afield.

There are plenty of sun loungers for everyone and we didn't really notice any unfair reserving of them. There are two different pool areas for all to enjoy. The children's splash area was brilliant with a smaller pool to play in. Both pool areas have a bar/ snack area and toilet facilities.

Every area of the hotel was spotless, there are plenty of staff around whether entertainment, cleaning or pool safety I was confident if we did experience any problems it would be dealt with quickly. We did have ants in the room when we arrived however I think the cleaner must have informed reception as a gentleman came round to fix it soon after we arrived and it was resolved.

I would recommend this resort to anyone thinking of visiting the area with a family. It is a very family orientated hotel and so may not be the best choice for a couple or young groups. We don't really have to leave the hotel as their is plenty going on. We did visit maspalomas beach on the free bus provided by the hotel which is beautiful and I would recommend a visit.

Thank you for a great holiday.

1  Thank Stephsoontobeough
Write a ReviewReviews (1,865)

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We have just returned from here and I can honestly say it's fantastic, we stayed in a 2 bedroom bungalow that was very spacious and very clean and fabulous aircon. Our bungalow was right near the kids pool that was very good with 1 big pool, 1 baby pool and a big splash play area and a park and bar. Just a 2 minutes walk we was at the main pool and restaurant that surved really nice food. All soft drinks, larger and wine was help your self and the range of spirits was good.
All staff was nice and friendly and the thomas cook entertainment girls was friendly,very talkative and good fun. The hotel also have there own entertainment team that also was good. I have stayed in lots of 4* & 5* hotels and I would say this is a top end of a 4* and I will recommend and return to this place.

1  Thank RANNYS
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I was really impressed with the hotel. It has a large pool, spacious clean apartments and even tennis courts if you fancy having a game in the boiling sun. The travel reps were all lovely and kept everybody entertained around the pool with various games throughout the day (volleyball and water polo are especially worth joining in with!).

I went with my boyfriend, though the hotel is great for those with kids. We went in September, so as I word of caution I think perhaps if you're not a fan of kids, maybe avoid this place during the height of the summer season as I imagine there are A LOT of children running around.

My one complaint would be the food served at the bar at lunchtime. My boyfriend and I didn't go all inclusive so didn't have access to the buffet (although that food didn't look great either...) so we had to put up with food like chicken nuggets and chips. I'll be honest, the nuggets were the worst i've ever had... BUT, the food certainly didn't ruin our stay and i'd definitely come again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hannah G
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and the bungalows very nice. The food excellent and a lot of choice. The entertainment night and day very good. We would recommend this hotel to everybody especially for disabled people.

1  Thank lynpower
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Fantastic holiday, great food,brilliant animation team. Plenty going on for all ages. Been before and will come again. Bad points -poor beds, horrible pillows and sheets-also must get aircon otherwise you will fry, all on all great place for all ages.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple