1,172 results
All reviews animation team pool area lovely hotel evening entertainment salad plenty of sunbeds gran canaria sister hotel red onion plenty of choice dressing table bathroom floor short walk to the beach bar staff branded drinks per day english channels
Reviewed 17 January 2016

Stayed here last week with my brother on a chill out hol. Had a nice stay in the hotel, although would probably not stay in this area again, unless I was with friends and wanted to go to clubs only. I will list to you my opinion on the hotel and area;

The room; Very clean. Brilliant cleaners. Shower gels, soaps, hair dryer in room. Comfy beds, even a living area. Only downside is no bath and shower leaked a little bit.

The food and drink; Food was really nice for an all inclusive. Had a huge selection of salad, meats, fry up, dessert. Got a bit hungry in evenings though after 9 and they had no food then so go to the shop before!! Alcohol wasn't amazing was cheap local but can buy nicer stuff or go all inclusive-plus. They have a few nice cocktails.

The staff; Cleaners were great, reception staff VERY helpful and nice (particularly the man). Spoke perfect English and helped us with busses and local advice.

The area; This was our big downfall when visiting Gran Caneria. The hotel itself was placed in probably the best part of the area, with a bus stop outside and clubs and beach close by, but the area was horrid. The seafront is like something from benidorm the programme, the shops are tacky and the beach is kinda black. We ended up spending an hour a day travelling to Puerto Rico which was LOVELY. The only thing Playa Del Ingles had which Puerto Rico didn't was the 'clubs'. There are a few places to go drinking which makes the area very busy and noisy. Fine if you like that sort of thing. We did the bar crawl once which was OK.

The entertainment and facilities;
The entertainment isn't anything to get excited about. The same 4 people miming on the stage to different songs - nevertheless you can't complain for the price. The pool is huge but was ALWAYS in the shade and crowded, even when it was sunny outside, meaning we didn't go in it once during our stay (went to a beach club in Puerto Rico instead). The 'spa' is a very small unappealing room. However, you can always walk outside of the hotel to the beach, shops, bars. There is WIFI all around the hotel which I have heard is rare in the area so this is a massive bonus.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are desperate to go to Playa Del Ingles and want to be in a central part of it. It is most likely one of the best in the area, but has a few flaws such as the pool in the shade. All inclusive plus is probably the best option if you are keen to spend loads of time inside the hotel, although there are loads of places to eat and drink nearby. I personally would go to Puerto Rico next time as we spent all of our time there anyway but this hotel is clean, and you are always guaranteed good food and helpful staff.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
DireccionBronzePlaya, Guest Relations Manager at LABRANDA Bronze Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2016

Dear madam/sir,
We would like to thank you for your extensive and positive feedback as it will surely help future guests to get an overall idea of the hotel. We also help that the government very soon will do something here in this area , as now a few hotels have been renovated, it would be very important for our clients.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed from New Year s eve 15 Check in was very quick and efficient Rooms spacious and v/ clean ,shower in need of attention.Floor floods every time. Bar / restaurant service excellent Maitre d and all staff are a credit to hotel. Pool and bar staff very friendly and efficient. All in all a good quality clean hotel matched by the resort of Playa del Ingles. Many thanks to Fabien and Alejandro for running such a tight ship Gracias Alan Walker

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank shortly818
DireccionBronzePlaya, Guest Relations Manager at LABRANDA Bronze Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

Dear Alan,

thank you so much for your nice feedback here on this page.
We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and we could meet your expectations.
I personally have to say, I enjoyed our daily conversations.
Nice to read that you appreciate all our staff. I will forward this comment to my colleagues , this is the best motivation for all of us.

Next time you visit us, do no hesitate to contact me or Alejandro before.
Regards from Miguel, our maître and Alejandro, our manager.

Fabienne L

Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

The hotel itself was very good, staff in restaurant very pleasant.

Entertainment during day the poorest I have seen in a 4 star hotel.

The hot tub is not a hot tub it's a cold tub !!!

Entertainment on some evenings where ok and very good others where not so good.

There was a lot of trouble in evening with arguments on first week and glasses being smashed.

2nd week was appalling for holiday tourists, we had a bottom floor room and the room was good, but on the last few days there a family was causing issues to holiday makers with swearing and breaking the light around the pool area and became very dangerous.

Because we were English and the security guard had enough of the problems we are told he decided to get his baton out and threatened us and smashed in on the table ( baring in mind we are aged 61 and 53 and a disabled person I was horrified and wanted to go home)

We are seeking legal advice as to make sure this never happens again and we where also told that they thought we where the same room as where the trouble was.

Far from it we have never caused any trouble in our holidays and would want them to own up to there incorrect dealings around this whole issue.

Glass was broken in evening and bulbs around pool area and never cleaned it up with many treading on it to get back to your room. Health and safety is not good.

We took long trousers and shirts but some had shorts and on several occasions customers where not allowed to eat in restaurant (despite there being others in shorts from other country's.

I have always booked via Travel Republic and still will but beware of this hotel to all the youngsters as they are lethal.

There are a few places closed around the area empty Irish bar, steak house ect...

I do think they need to look at there security guard and his behaviour and will be taking this further as never been so scared and terrified at threatening his baton at a 53 yr old woman is is disabled and all I did was laugh.

Most terrible situation to be in and never want to witness this again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Rubben19
DireccionBronzePlaya, Manager at LABRANDA Bronze Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2016

Dear Rosie,
We really apologize for all the inconveniences suffered during your stay, unfortunately we do not choose our guests, the guest are who choose the hotel. From Labranda Hotels & Resorts we are really worried about the safety of our clients and to be honest on this year we have been working we did not have any situation that makes this hotel an unsafe place. This incident your talking about with the bulb on the pool area is something that we can only control but we do not expect, on a 4* hotel guest causing troubles as this.

Thanks for the information about the security guard situation, I will make an investigation to know exactly what has happened and I kindly ask to you to write me before you next visit and I will try to make you feel special since the first minute.

Alex Monzó

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

If you are English do not come here. The only staff here that are not rude to you are Shelia on the pool bar, the man on the grill in the restaurant and Jana whom works tirelessly to make guests informed of the entertainment available and is really helpful and friendly. We really enjoyed her yoga and aqua aerobic classes. The hotel is clean and the food is ok, although not 4 star. The meat is very often over cooked and dry. The food also does not seem to be hot enough too and by the time you sit down too eat is cold. Most of time there is a good selection of fresh cooked vegetable's apart from one evening when I'm sure they were frozen. This is where the positive things to do with this hotel end. We have met with four individual English families staying here and they have all felt that they are treated differently by staff. You are too frightened too complain or enjoy yourself as a couple of nights ago I witnessed the night security guard threaten a middle aged women who was just enjoying her evening with her husband. The security guard threatened to hit her with his truncheon and then smashed it down on the table that they were sitting at. I went to my room and have made sure that I have been in my room every evening since. The atmosphere with him around makes you feel so uncomfortable. Another evening the man behind the bar near the restaurant was rude to a gentleman on the table next to us and made the gentleman very angry, it was only when the gentleman guest threatened to complain that the bar man came over to him to apologise. The next day the gentleman was told that the evening staff had then reported him to cover themselves. One evening we had a bottle of wine on our table with four wine glasses and one of the restaurant staff took it away from us saying that it was not allowed. Ok if that is a rule but what then really surprised me is that a group of five non English dinning this evening had two bottles of wine on their table. One waiter went to take them away from the table and was stopped by the restaurant manager whom said that it was OK for them. Very confused by this! They had white bands on, as we did. We came here on holiday after a very stressful year for a well earned break and I feel worse now and feel like I need another holiday.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
9  Thank Jules W
DireccionBronzePlaya, Guest Relations Manager at LABRANDA Bronze Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Dear Jules,
first of all thank you very much for your comment. Very strange that YOU seem to have to write a comment about what happened to someone else....I personally talked to the lady and the security guard, so better do not comment on things you don´t know the details. As you probably know all clients are welcome , no matter if German, English, Russian or whatever ...by the way we live from Tourism, so it would be very bad for us, if we exclude English clients, and as you can read in other comments, english people don´t feel bad. Maybe those who not behave or do not know how to behave have a problem, as we also have some rules to follow here in the hotel. TO BE CLEAR: this was not the case of the lady !!!
She was not behaving bad at all!
So next time you write a comment, please be sure what you are talking about.
About the wine bottle at the table: it is not allowed to have your own bottle, as we can not permit that if we have nearly 400 clients , 200 take a bottle! And if you drink it, no problem, but most of clients do not in one night, so what shall we do with 200 open bottles,? Why or what happened to the 5 guys you are telling, one of them had their birthday and they bought a bottle! They had twqo bottles and bought a bottle of Moet Chandon, they spent only in the 2 bottles of wine and the cava 84 Euros. So if you buy a bottel it is yours, you can drink it or leave the rest for the next evening...but if everyone take a bottle to his table ..we will have at the end of the evening probably a lot of open bottles which we can not use the next day.

We apologize that not we could not met your expectations, but we really hope you will return next time and we will show that we can and will meet your expectations.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

I have now returned from a very enjoyable 15 days over the Christmas period having stayed at the Bronze Playa as a solo traveller. From the time of my arrival the reception staff including Martha and Signora Pena welcomed me and made sure that my room( 507) was exactly as I expected and available. I could not have wished for a better room. The cleaning staff did an excellent job..All the rooms are excellent quality and this one overlooking the pool area and with distant but restricted views of the sea was perfect. The quality of the food was excellent with so many varied choices at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant waiters and waitresses were very professional and polite and nothing was too much trouble. My thanks to the lovely Belen and also to the bar staff especially Acerina, Moosa, Sheila and Dimitri for always looking after me, always smiling and helpful.
The animation team of Jana and Marek did an excellent job with water aerobics, Zumba, and daily demonstrations. Their skill and expertise in the shows which were so very well choreographed and other animation members who came, presumably from their sister hotel, to put on our shows was most apparent . I would recommend going to their sister hotel, the Hotel Bonita I think, for the Beyonce show but beware that the hotel is not all inclusive and you will have to pay for drinks. Shame really as the show is excellent, as were all the shows and entertainment at the Bronze Playa. Thanks again to everyone who helped make my Christmas break so special, even down to the life guard/pool attendant who was always smiling and happy and good to talk to. I would certainly recommend this hotel. With only one minor point...... it would have been useful to have some form of web access in a hotel of this high quality and class to send E mails etc since my mobile phone stopped working as soon as I got there. I therefore had to visit a neighbouring hotel to use one of their terminals, at cost. Thanks again- Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors, pool view from sunny balcony,
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank ray c
DireccionBronzePlaya, Guest Relations Manager at LABRANDA Bronze Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Dear madam / sir,
We would like to thank you for your friendly comment. Feedback helps us to improve our services and we are pleased to read that we have met your expectations.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards,