Cordial Biarritz Bungalows(Playa del Ingles)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$211
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Occidental Margaritas(Playa del Ingles)
US$176
US$166
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Seaside Sandy Beach(Playa del Ingles)
US$218
Bohemia Suites & Spa(Playa del Ingles)
US$241
AxelBeach Maspalomas(Playa del Ingles)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$213
US$94
US$77
Orbitz.com
Hotel Nayra(Playa del Ingles)
US$255
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
Gold By Marina(Playa del Ingles)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsflambea la carte restauranteasy walking distance to the beachlow key entertainmentevery eveningexcellent hotelpool areabuffet breakfast and dinnerhalf boardgran canariacommon areasdinner sittinggreat variety of foodsand dunesroom maidyumbo shopping centerrooms are small
Reviewed 9 February 2016

The standard at this hotel is high.
Staff are friendly and attentive, the whole place is scrupulously clean, and the food is excellent with a very good choice.
Our room was on the first floor, with an exceptionally large balcony overlooking the garden, pools and entertainment. (This ends promptly at 11.00 if you are worried about noise.) There was a mini bar and a safe at extra charge.
The immediate area is very built up with a thriving night life and plenty of entertainment including sex clubs.
Ten minutes to the beach, which was busy and bustling. A fair walk will bring you to the beautiful dunes at Maspalomas which are certainly worth a visit. A trip to the interior of the island was also fascinating and not to be missed.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

If you want view to dunes and sea, ask room from 4th floor or above. German and english speaking very friendly staff. Great buffet breakfast and dinner. Very quiet location and good location. Air conditioning did not work well, minimum temperature was 23°C.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sa S
Reviewed 8 February 2016

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of January.

The hotel is very well located in Playa del Ingles for access to the beach which is a short stroll away, but be warned that this is accessed via many steps. There is a small German centre behind the hotel with bars, restaurants and a swingers club! The hotel is also within walking distance to the Jumbo Centre. The Kasbah Centre is a bit further to reach. I'd recommend walking to the beach and back on yourself to get there. There are many touts in the area by Kasbah and are very rude when you ignore them! They are mainly trying to entice you to enter their restaurants and bars. The Kasbah is opposite a church too, which to me makes this behaviour a little more distasteful. But after coming to this resort several times before we were well aware and just carried on walking!

On arrival we were greeted pleasantly and asked to sit and offered cava or orange juice while the receptionist checked us in. There is no free wifi, only chargeable wifi available in the reception area. We were given a suite on the sixth floor which had a double balcony. Lovely views of the pool area and off in the distance were the Maspalomas sand dunes and the sea. It was beautiful to wake up to. Due to the design of the building, this room lost the sunshine from approximately 3.30pm, so if you want an afternoon sun balcony get a low numbered room. Rooms on floor 1 had larger terraces but I'd imagine no view. There was a chargeable minibar and safe. Take your own hairdryer as the one provided was not very good. There is no kettle provided. There are also duplex family bungalows known as Riu Palmitos within the grounds if this would suit your needs.

We opted for full board but only had lunch once out of the two days, as the second day we drove to Las Palmas, the islands capital. Food was very hot at all meals. Breakfast had a good selection of cereals and cooked fare with several egg dishes including omelettes and scrambled. Lunch was taken in the main restaurant and was of good quality, but of limited selection due to only a handful of guests being on full board. Lunch was served between 1 and 2pm. If lunch was on longer we may opt for full board again if we ever returned to this hotel but the 1 hour time slot was simply too restrictive.

Dinner was in two sittings, 6pm and 8pm. Food was of a very good quality. Tables were assigned to you on your first night but you could change your time with the head waiter. A gripe for this hotel is that most of the tables are very crammed together and you feel like you are eating with a load of strangers. When my partner and I were taken to our table the couple on the adjacent table looked at us as if we were interrupting their meal time and gave us a few evil looks which continued for most of dinner! It's not our fault that this is the way the dining room is set out! I'm sure you could be moved if you spoke to the waiter but we were only at that table one night as our second night we ate at the gourmet restaurant Sir William.

It's free to book for dinner at Sir William which is an a la carte option, but you must make a reservation with the head waiter beforehand. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was much quieter and refined than the main restaurant. A more relaxed dining experience that I'd thoroughly recommend and our waiter, who was running the restaurant alone, was very friendly. The food was not rushed and each course came out very well presented. Tables were of a good drainage from each too!

I can't comment on any evening entertainment as I did not see any and we did not venture into the bar either so I'm unsure if any is provided. We did hear bingo at the pool bar around late afternoon with only a handful of participants. We ate an ice cream at the pool bar which was fairly priced. Free pool towels are provided and there are many loungers but they are all quite close together. Also some lost the sun around the time our balcony did due to the design of the building so it may be a case of sun chasing if you're after a suntan.

The clientele are nearly all of the older generation. In the UK, for a package holiday, this property is sold through Saga; so if you're looking for somewhere to hang with a younger crowd, this hotel is not for you. I saw no young families during our brief stay and I would say 98% of the guests were over 55. We were aware of this when we booked so this was not a problem for us but may be for others.

We hired a car online before departure and collected and paid for it from the airport. We booked with Autoreisen. Payment must be by card. No hidden charges and return vehicle with same amount of fuel. Very easy and highly recommended. We have also used Cicar in Gran Canaria and would recommend them too, you can pay in cash with Cicar, we just go with whoever is cheaper at the time we book!

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay again but only for a few days as the hotel has very little atmosphere and is so quiet around the pool area that we felt if you spoke you were going to get scolded by another guest! It is also looking a bit tired and is in need of a renovation, with wifi added in the rooms and pool area to bring the hotel into the 21st Century. Hopefully that will come in the not so distant future.

Any questions just drop me an email.

Room Tip: High floor for good views. Low numbers for afternoon sun
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank davey_baby100
Reviewed 30 January 2016

Good food and plenty of choice. Very clean hotel with lovely big heated pool. Near beach and bars. Entertainment most nights. Wonderful staff very helpful. Bed was hard so they put a large mattress cover on and solved the problem.

Room Tip: First floor rooms come with a big balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2016

This wasn't the hotel we were supposed to stay in. The hotel we had chosen had double booked us, therefore placing us somewhere else.
We were a little worried, we had no idea where we getting put or what the hotel was like and whether it fitted our needs but we were quite impressed.
It is a lovely hotel and I really likeed our room. We were made to feel welcome and I would certainly stay at a Riu again but probably not this one. We were looking for somewhere a little more modern and we picked our other hotel because of the food!
They have a wide selection of food and there was always something that you could have even if you are a little picky like me. I did notice the meat wasn't always cooked well and one night I think I maybe ate too much before I noticed it. I did have quite a severe sicky day so just be aware if you do stay here. Do not let this put you off because the food was actually quite nice most of the time!
The pool area was nice and we never had to fight for loungers. The food at the pool bar was especially nice if you wanted an afternoon nibble!!

I would recommend going for a wonder because there is a lot to see around that area and the beach is about a 10 min walk away. we had some great times down at the beach on the strip!!!

Although the trip was a little disrupted we had a lovely holiday and it was a nice hotel!!

Room Tip: We had a second floor room with pool view. Very nice
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charlotte J
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palmeras / Bung Riu Palmitos, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your impressions about your holiday with us. It is nice to read, that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and have been impressed by our hotel and the service.

We are proud to inform you that Riu is continuously working on every hotels maintenance. The aim is to renovate every hotel, which can only be reached step by step.

At the front desk we are committed to give all our guests a warm welcome from the moment they arrive at our resort. We are glad to read that you felt this during your stay and you felt comfortable in your room.

It would be an honour for us to welcome you again in one of our resorts to provide another unforgettable holiday to you.

With the best wishes,