The Escorial looks to be a conveniently located value for money hotel however there is so much more to it. The usual things like rooms, restaurant pool etc were all as expected ie good 3 star standard, rooms large clean and airy with large balconies.A wide selection of reasonable food. All inclusive drinks always available with fresh machine made real coffee. What makes it outstanding are the extra facilities. There is a fabulous roof terrace complete with jacuzzi giving views across the sea / dunes or in the other direction the mountains. Seemed to be very little used so always sunbeds free. Includes a screened naturist area, water fountain, toilet and shower. Then there's the spa located on the 2 lower ground floors. There are steam rooms, sauna, indoor pool with bubble beds and jets, a cave like dead sea area for floating all of which are free to use. Also a well equipped gym. You can also book reasonably priced treatments. On the lower floor is also a huge games room with snooker tables, bowling lanes, games consoles and also PCs for internet ( good free wifi throughout the hotel ). Outside along with the pool is a garden area, a tennis court , table tennis, darts etc. All in all something to keep everyone amused.
Evening entertainment is little quirky !
Previous reviews mention the army of ( unsmiling ) German pensioners who were definitely in residence when we arrived mid week but by the start of the following week had largely been replaced by a more normal range of ages and nationalities.
Anything we didn't like ? there was building work next door which was quite invasive during the day for those using the pool or garden area ( not the hotels fault ) We hired a car and went out each day so not an issue for us.. We also found it quite noisy at night with significant traffic noise, loud people out till the early hours and glass recycling collections early morning..It did keep us awake most nights but maybe those who are used to traffic noise at night wouldn't notice it.
Overall the hotel exceeded our expectations and with the exception of 1 grumpy female receptionist all staff were charming and friendly. Highly recommended for those wanting a relaxed break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hotel Escorial & Spa *** is located a 5 minute walk from the enchanting Playa del Inglés, at the south of the island of Gran Canaria, and a 30 minute walk from the spectacular Dunes of Maspalomas. It is a holiday hotel, with half-board and all-inclusive options available, located in one of the most renowned tourist areas of the Canarian archipelago. The rooms of the hotel are spacious, comfortable, and ideal for relaxing in one of the best areas of Gran Canaria. They have a private balcony, the perfect complement for resting and recharging your batteries. The establishment’s cuisine is another of its strengths, as it is varied and delicious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Stayforlong S.L., Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bull Hotel Escorial & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escorial Playa Del Ingles
- Escorial Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Bull Hotel Escorial & Spa Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria