All reviews chinese buffet pool bar rude german miraflor suites yumbo centre half board sister hotel mini disco air con a free shuttle bus compared to other hotels hotel manager location is fantastic neighbouring hotel fantastic holiday family holiday good points
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here march 2016. Hotel was very welcoming, staff helpful and friendly, rooms clean and modern and a good size, food brilliant with lots of choice. Would highly recommend this hotel. Quite central in the resort also.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GrahamHayleytravels
Reviewed 6 March 2016

The initial reception was friendly and informative.
The room was clean and comfortable, I found my bed particularly comfortable.
The bathroom facilities were adequate.
Maid service was friendly and efficient.
Restaurant was adequate, food fresh. Service was civil but not over friendly.
I had some minor niggles but addressed these when I was staying at the hotel.
This was my second visit and I would happily return to the Rondo.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
1  Thank johnoleary2016
Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

Great hotel. Clean, well maintained, reasonably modern, very friendly staff. Good mix of ages - suit couples, families etc. Food very good, half board option very reasonable. Staff couldn't have been nicer. Pool was nice at hotel. But also access to pool and bar beside villas across the road which really is lovely. Beach a comfortable 20 min walk, also buses. Loads to do, and yumbo just down the road for shopping and night time entertainment. Overall very comfortable, safe, enjoyable, entertaining and good value place to stay. My partner and I will be visiting again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EdwardDub
Reviewed 1 March 2016

A little late writing this review but the Rondo deserves another good review from ourselves. My Husband and I have stayed here many times over the years from a Winter break in November to Christmas and New Year. We last travelled in November 2015 and we had another superb week. From check in to check out, everything was smooth and the staff can not do enough for you. The Animation staff in November were also great too, we are not big fans of Hotel Entertainment so if one bar has it on, we used to migrate to the other, however on this occasion we didn't. The Entertainment was a bit a fun and I am glad we joined in, its not an all singing all dancing team like in the Riu Hotels and others I can name, but what they do is simply a little bit of fun. The All Inclusive does finish at 10.30pm which is perfect for us as we wonder into Resort.

I read a lot of complaints about the food at the Rondo and yes whilst it is not an A La Carte dining experience, what they produce is great home cooked food and is all very tasty. Yes some dishes are replicated into something else for lunch the next day but it is not a 4/5 star chain hotel that can afford to waste so much food - its a family business, if you want a choice of food stretching from one side of the hotel to the other then this place is not for you.
They do have a restaurant on the Miraflor side which you have to book and is well worth it - Steak night is great !

The rooms at the Rondo are well equipped and very comfy, the bar and pool areas are kept spotless and the grounds are lovely.

All in all we love this hotel for the price and for some Winter Sunshine, we are returning this November.

I only have one niggle from last November - Management - Turn the Gas up on the fizzy drinks in the Rondo Bar - I cant stand drinking a spirit with flat coke - So much so, if it is the same in November I am taking my own bottle of coke to the bar - its annoying but really not huge problem :o)

A BIG shout out to Gian and Juan who are a pleasure to see every year and make us feel very welcome and it was lovely to see Jerry back as part of the team.

We cant wait to return this year.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andi52
Reviewed 20 February 2016

We arrived in Playa del Ingles on the express service bus, route number 30, from Las Palmas at the beginning of February. We alighted the bus when we noticed the road name and then went in search of the hotel. With hindsight, it would have been easier to have got a taxi on arrival at the resort, as the hotel name is not clearly visible and we had a lot of unnecessary walking before finding the hotel. Most guests would probably arrive with their tour operator so should not experience any difficulty in this respect.
Upon arrival, we found the reception area very spacious and comfortable and the staff most helpful in explaining what we needed to know about the hotel and its facilities.
There is free Wi-Fi in the area surrounding the reception.
We were pleasantly surprised with our spacious room on the fifth floor. Lovely balcony overlooking a road, but it was a bit too cool to sit there for long during our stay. We found that a more sheltered seating location was a carpeted area outside our room door, facing in the opposite direction, where several chairs were strategically placed.
Everything was spotlessly clean and all the necessary amenities in our room were provided. A full list of services is given on a TV channel. Rooms are cleaned on 5 days each week. which we found was sufficient.
Although the hotel generally seems quiet, it is not so in the dining room. This is probably the biggest let-down as there does not seem to be sufficient members of staff to cater for the number of guests. It was difficult to get the attention of anyone to serve the drinks and then they were overpriced at 6 euros for a jug of water containing less than a litre.
Overall the food was varied and good and there was a separate part in the restaurant to obtain Chinese dishes. Very noticeable at our first evening meal though was the fact that the food was not replenished for a period of about 30 minutes, with little or no deserts available during that time.
There is an alternative dining area for evening meals available across the road which has an extremely nice atmosphere. It has to be booked in advance, but when we used these facilities, the fish shown on the menu had run-out and there was practically no choice of foods.
The buffet breakfast was good too, with plenty of choice and reasonable service.
All in all though, a very nice hotel. We did not meet any other people from England and as far as I can tell, no English tour operators use this hotel.
The hotel is situated about a 30 minutes walk from the beach which makes for a pleasant stroll in the nice sunshine which we enjoyed.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple