All reviews bed apartment great holiday shopping centre plenty of sunbeds these apartments slush balconies reps kasbah
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Booked into the corona Roja in September 2017 for 12 days. Our room on the 6th floor was massive with a huge balcony and even had a slight view of the sea. Reception staff were friendly enough but hotel itself is rather dated and in need of a modern uplift. I can't say much about pool life during the day as we went to the lovely beach every day but I can say that the pool itself is large and the outlay surrounding is nice for a relaxing coffee or alcoholic beverage. Now we come to the food...... please go self catering as the food is not great. we went half board and to be honest the breakfast is the worst meal of the day I think anyway. The fried eggs are disgusting they must be cooked hours earlier in bulk proportion and then just chucked into a large container resulting in them being hard overcooked and all congealed together rather bad you also have the usual breakfast food beans sausage {yes well) cheese cold meats ect! Dinner not much better but i dare say you won't starve as long as the chips are there but to be honest I would eat out on lunch I cannot comment. You have to pay for use of tv one euro for an hour plus you have to hire aircon we didn't just slept with the window open also bring tour own kettle and hairdryer if you don't want to hire these aswell Overall I did enjoy my stay in playa del ingles would not return to that hotel much nicer hotels nearby.

Room Tip: go higher if you can 6th floor upwards we got a corner room, massive
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank PaulineM1467
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I felt that overall the hotel was of decent standard.We don't expect or want luxury when we like to be outwith the hotel mainly!
When I asked why the sun-facing bedroom was boarded up (thus making it stifling hot at all times of the day and at night with no air) I was told I could move to a different apartment, and id been given a 2 bedroomed rather than a 1 bedroomed apartment-as if I was to be grateful to have a 100 degrees airless room for my daughter?! Yeah no problem, we'll re-pack and move...a viable answer would have been preferable to "they're all like that on that floor". I had no actual accommodation voucher, but a few emails from the company and all other supporting documentation,yet she was unwilling to book us in for quite some time. Slight attitude problem from the female on reception. (antonia?)And this had been noted as I see,on many other reviews.
That asides, the room was clean and spacious but it was hard to take a shower without creating a swimming pool on the floor, or getting the curtain stuck to my @rse.
The food was barely average. We were allowed to swap our dinner to lunch,as we really couldn't succumb to the British menu of burgers/ hotdogs/pizza and chips available at the bar. we were granted a swap form dinner to lunch which was much better... We ate out every night as the selection and quality was just below standard and not a sniff of anything Spanish or Canarian.
Breakfast was pretty poor standard within the cooked option,with solidified rubber fried eggs, bacon every other day, cooked whole peppers (!) and fresh fruit was a bowl of apples?!. Usual toast,jams,cereals also available. Oh yeah, and some tinned fruit like peaches or pears, often mixed with last night's Angel Delight pudding. I dunno.....
Pool was good and people DID use inflatables. Hooray.
Beach was around the corner via a private hotel door.
Bar prices seemed ok,tho 2.50 for a slush a bit OTT.
Nearby centre was overpriced for meals and drinks, avoid at all costs and the live shows were a heap of dung, Spanish and German crooning with keyboard or backing tracks. Elvis never did appear ..
San Augustin was ideal for Mercadona and authentic tapas at proper prices
We wouldn't go back to the resort again as it's just too British for us.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Was booked in for 2 weeks all inclusive. Left after 1 week!!! Beds were as hard as bricks. Food was disgusting and same food all the time. Not much of a choice. Ate out more than in. They DO NOT cater for brittish.... if you are german then its the perfect place for you. Will NEVER be back here!!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

The place is cheap and cheerful any close to everything you could possible want. So it's a bit basic and the food isn't great but for what you pay it's worth it for the location and it's clean ! There are really good restaurants near by and it's only 5 euros to the gumbo centre and 10 minutes (35euro) from the airport

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Booked this as a cheap 2nd holiday and got what we paid for. Hotel was clean and tidy but very tired and in need of updating. Which I believe is in progress as we got woke up at 8.30am by drilling in the room above!
Could do with air con in the rooms as very hard to sleep, although it was 38'!
Pool area was clean, comfortable and we always got a sun bed.
Food selection wasn't great but again you get what you pay for. Good location for beach and bars.
Staff pleasant.
All in all we met some smashing people and had a lovely holiday, it is what you make it and at £300 per adult a week inclusive we can't complain! Just make sure you take some spends to eat out now and again!!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family