1,125 results
All reviews ignore the bad reviews cleaned daily cleaned every day stayed here for a week pool view
Reviewed 16 September 2015

I thought we had found a real gem in this hotel but boy was i wrong!! I have never made a complaint before or written a bad review but i didnt want anyone to go through the same experience as we did.

We go to the hotel to be greeted by a very miserable receptionist, she had no interest in helping or even making eye contact. She refused to accept us in until i gave my card details (which she photocopied both sides) and ignored my questions as to where they would be stored or why she had taken them (i have never been asked to do this before). I have since changed my card.

Day one there was a fight between the English and Spanish over sunbeds, the best pool entertainment we had all week! If you are planning on going by the pool get down there early or there will be no sunbeds or just throw the towels off like the Spanish do...

The food was the same everyday, if it wasnt used up at breakfast or lunch it was brought out for lunch and dinner. There are only 20-25 tables in the restaurant for 350+ rooms. There was a lot of angry guests fighting over tables and having to wait 10/15 mins to sit down. Staff refused to open up the bar area and ignored all guests when they complained. Also be prepared to eat with your hands, like the tables there was not enough cutlery for everyone.

O, there is also a cockroach (we named Kevin) and his family who live under the coffee machine). He occasionally tap dances on all the mugs....

I tried to take my plate of food back to the room so I could sit and eat, i was told off and made to wait in the restaurant. He stood by the door to make sure i didnt leave. I did however manage to sneak a bread roll out on several occasions when he wasnt looking. All i wanted was a snack, i just didnt understand why they allowed the Spanish to leave with plates piled high?!

On one of the night we had our friends over from another hotel and some guests which we made friends with to play cards and to have a few drinks. No parties or loud music but the security guard too a disliking to one and chucked him out on more than one occasion, we did ask what did he do wrong but got the usual "i dont understand". You have less rules in a prison than in this hotel.

For the last 5 days of our stay they decided to carry out building work in the room above our room. Drilling and hammering every morning. When I asked to be moved there was no apology and the best they could do was to give me a road side room. There were plenty of rooms in the hotel but they we were not allowed one. They told me to get up earlier before the noise started, problem was it went on through out the whole day. The only break we got from it was on Saturday and Sunday. In the end i slept by the pool.

The staff were the major issue for more, no matter how friendly you were or tried to engage them in conversation or a joke, there were no smiles or acknowledgement you had even spoken to them. Maybe if the hotel was planned out better and the staff had the equipment to do their job properly then maybe they would smile occasionally.

In the words of Will Farrell "This Hotel is a prison" ......Enjoy ;)

Stayed: September 2015
2  Thank Emma J
Reviewed 15 September 2015

just returned from the jardin this hotel is in serious need of a refurb after the first night i asked to be moved as our apartment was on the front and the noise from over the road was very loud first i was told there were no available rooms (which there were) i asked again and was charged 20 euros the girl on reception was very unfriendly and rude she said when i complained about wanting to move and being charged was that it was not her fault we were moved after 2 days to one of the apartments at the back of the hotel which was much better, the bathroom smelt constantly of urine. the hotel advertises free wifi but you have to pay 30 euros for 2 weeks then television alsom has to be paid for 28 euros for 2 weeks we were forever going to reception as the key card had stopped working. the sun loungers around the pool atr basic and hard to lie on my suggestion would be to invest in new ones with mattresses location was good but overall would not stay again

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quiter
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank yvonne e
Reviewed 13 September 2015

This was our second stay at this hotel (mum, dad & 8 year old son), with a break of 7 years between stays. As we had stayed before we took no notice of the poor reviews on the accomodation, the worst reviews were about the food, we were self catering so this wasn't an issue for us. We found the hotel clean and tidy and all the staff very friendly. What you have to remember is that this is a 2* hotel so if you want better or expect more then pay more. We were at he back of the hotel, a must if you want to be away from the noise from the Irish Centre opposite the hotel lobby. The rooms are hot but it was 30 + degrees all week so with no air con we hired a fan. In short, a good hotel for the money and great for winter sun as from what we remember from our last stay 1 of the 4 pools is heated.

Stayed: September 2015
4  Thank db1966
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Visited this Hotel a few times last week as my girlfriend and sister were staying here as I had an apartment with friends elsewhere. 2nd night, after the key card stopped working the receptionist guy refused to let me in, despite my concerns for how Ill my girlfriend was, instantly he got security on me and kicked me out. Few days later with 10 of us sat enjoying drinks on the patio area, he singled me out and instantly threw me out gibbering away in Spanish something about only 3 ppl per room.

His hotel is ok but doesn't allow socialising or enjoyment. Foods below average. Pools are ok as long as you don't mind being overrun by Spanish locals.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

Ok the best thing about this hotel is the location. It is 2 minutes from the beach, yumbo centre and the kasbar the main restaurant and night life area in playa del ingles.
The hotel needs a lot of attention. A lick of paint alone will make this hotel a lot easier on the eye. We got of our coach to what looked like a dirty building, we hoped the people on the coach didn't know which accommodation we were staying in!! Inside is clean and tidy but there is definitely work to be done!!
Food was ok and not as bad as people have made out however the dining area was awful! It was far to small for the huge size of the apartments so tables were place so close together to get as many in as they could. This was not good as once sitting at your table if u wanted to get out you would have to ask the person sitting on the table behind you to move their chair in or get up completely to have room to do so. Sometimes there were no tables free at all and you would have to come back later on.
Bar area was ok, not very big but they did open the doors so you could sit near the pool area with drinks.
Beware that this hotel is very Spanish!! There was a huge amount of rude, inconsiderate, ill manured Spanish who really got to me while there. They do not care about the English holiday makers at all!!!
Our room was at the front of the hotel which if you like your sleep DO NOT STAY and ask for a room at the back of the hotel. Irish bars at the front are VERY loud at night and this can go on till early hours.
One thing I would say is there is a bar called Patrick's over the road who do a lovely English breakfast which we went to most mornings and the food is English bacon and sausage etc reasonable priced!!
If you have booked here already then just go with an open mind if not the don't bother. It may be a good price but you do get what you pay for!! If I was you I'd pay a little extra for a better hotel.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple