All reviews spanish restaurant dunas bar main restaurant lovely hotel no smoking signs dunes bar specialist restaurants indoor seating pool area a la carte restaurants a garden view room walk in shower non smoking separate toilet entertainment team sunbed situation evening entertainment
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

We went to this hotel for a relaxing holiday and that is what we got. We found very little reason to actually leave the hotel.
From arriving we got top class service from the reception staff, offered a cold buffet which was very tasty.
There have been reviews where people have said that the food isn’t great; however as the most picky eater, I managed very easily - breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner and after hours, everything on offer was perfect and tasted perfect.

The room, the air con was brilliant and very welcome for the temperatures, the maids were fantastic. A rule to leave used towels on the floor if you don’t want to reuse them, and put a card on top of your bedding if you want that to be changed. We left our room by 9:30 and everything was fresh and clean by latest of 13:30. There is no way to fault them. Even the small touch of a courtesy call to make sure everything was okay was something that made the whole holiday feel more comfortable.

There are some complaints about sun loungers, which we found no problem with putting a towel down at 10am and being able to lie in the sun all day. Similarly to smokers, despite being a smoker myself, I don’t like anyone blowing smoke in my face so I try to be conscious of my own surroundings. However, there was not a moment of this holiday where I felt there was smoke everywhere as this is not the case.

Finally, the entertainment, they worked tirelessly, and sometimes I felt tired watching them they were working that hard. They ensured guests were entertained throughout the day and night. Some of the external duos were touch and go, however I think it’s down to preference, but that’s nothing to do with the entertainment team.

Overall, I couldn’t recommend this hotel enough. For a 4* Hotel, I feel like I had a 5* experience.

Stayed: October 2018
2  Thank Callum H
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Arrived today and although the hotel is nice, the lack of designated smoking areas is a major off-put. For such a large complex they could easily segregate to have smoking and non-smoking, like in the old days in restaurants; but it’s a free for all. Today every time someone sparked up, I had to move and spent the day lounger and chair hopping. I’m getting really sick of it. Think the only way to avoid is staying in a villa, but my daughter would be so bored with no children to play with and no clubs.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Donna S
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Papayas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Donna S,

Thank you for your feedback.

We regret to know that you felt disturbed by other smoking guests. However, we would like to inform you that according to our smoking policy and the Spanish legislation, smoking is not permitted inside the Hotel and guests may only smoke outdoors. Please, do not hesitate contacting our Front Desk for any additional enquiry. Nonetheless, we will share your suggestions to the relevant department to take into further consideration.

We hope you and your daughter enjoy your stay with us.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Papayas
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Me and my sister came here to enjoy a simple, relaxing break.
On arrival (1:30am) we were amazed. The reception staff were very friendly, organised and spoke very good English. It took about 2 minutes to get our room key, find out where we could get food from and the way to our room. The hotel was incredibly clean, our room also. Our room had a fridge with 2 bottles of water in, a safe, hairdryer and a lovely balcony. (No kettle though but you could access tea/coffee in the restaurant at all times)
On our first day we did struggle to find a sun bed in the sun, a lot of them were shaded as it was pretty busy and all the sunny ones were taken. (My sister & I are sun worshippers though) we eventually found some beds on the sun terrace which was lovely and hot but wouldn’t recommend going up there with little ones or if you aren’t a sun worshiper. We found that people put towels down really early and then dissapear for a long time. Same as I anywhere I guess but we still found a bed every day!
The food was amazing, I am fussy and still found something every time, my sister loves all food and was in her glory! Definitely recommend the Asian a la Carte,
It was delicious. We went twice.
One tip, if you have a severe allergy to a certain food it might be a good idea to contact the hotel before arriving as I didn’t and I’m severely allergic to kiwi, and it was everywhere! The hotel management and the restaurant staff tried to be helpful but I feel they didn’t quite understand how severe it was and it wasn’t removed from the food so I had to be very careful with what I chose. (Luckily I was ok though) but not really the hotels fault.
The pool area was always spotless, it wasn’t too cold in the pool, quite refreshing as it was very hot weather and the day time entertainment was brilliant!
The evening entertainment could do with a little improvement as me and my sister were quite bored most nights apart from the circus show which was fab!! The entertainment also finished quite early and then you were left with nothing to really do. They could do with a disco or something where adults can have a dance and let loose lol.
The town down the road is good though if you want a night out, it’s in walking distance and is very lively!
Our last day we had to check out at 11am with our flight not being until 1am that night but we had somewhere to put our luggage and we were given a room to shower in etc which was really helpful. It was an amazing holiday with plenty to do, food was fantastic, it was clean and all the staff we came across were always friendly! I would definitely recommend this hotel and we miss it already!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank nicolemarie1991
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Stayed end of September for one week, each meal time there was Always something very palatable and plentiful the sweets where gorgeous. Asian and Italian restaurants where great and most enjoyable . Always able to get sunbeds ( there were 4 of us ) drinks where of good quality especially the wine ,all staff where very friendly and hard working rooms cleaned daily , pool towels provided and changed daily all shopping centres a short walk and about 15 min walk to the beach. Only one annoyance smoking was allowed in one section of the outside restaurant seating area, overall a great hotel and would return

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Room overlooking garden,restaurant & bars ,swimming pool.(all very ,very good)Shuttle bus to beach,also local buses less than 50yds up from the front of hotel very,very good.Cheaper than tours,& more freedom.
Within 5min Walk a little Plaza local people dancing every night. Huge plaza shopping,restaurants & bars 10 mins walk.

Stayed: September 2018