1,778 results
All reviews yumbo centre pool area half board gran canaria a la carte restaurant plenty of choice three star breakfast and dinner ceiling fan courtesy bus plenty of sunbeds small fridge reception staff soups pool attendant restaurant staff every evening
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Just back from a week at this hotel. It is very good for a 3* spotlessly clean and our room was quite a big size. Love the adults only concept. Also located 2 mins from the yumbo centre and about a 15-20 min walk to the beach. Breakfast was nice, dinner also good food was always hot. Only criticisms would be no free WiFi in the rooms and the meal times, ours was 20:30 which is a tad to late for us. But that being said for the price we paid we didn’t mind going out and eating out a couple of the evenings. Pool area is nice with sunken loungers into the pool. Never stayed in the hotel for the evenings so can’t comment on the entertainment. All in all I was quite impressed and would definitely return.We like to be out and about on holiday so this was a good base for us.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank coxythefox
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Just returned from another great stay at this hotel. The staff are still excellent as usual always really friendly and work really hard. Always a management presence in this hotel. Throughout the day you always see managers walking around and they are always at dinner to greet you.

The rooms are well maintained and kept spotlessly clean. The bathrooms could possibly be improved by removing the bath and having a walk in shower. The beds are very comfy and pillows were also good. Air conditioning was not as good as usual but it was extra hot outside.

Dinner was great it does get repetitive but any buffet does. The salad bar is excellent and varied you can always eat really healthy food in this hotel. The drinks at dinner are also really well priced. Some reviews suggest bottled water should be provided but I feel for the price point of this hotel a few euros for water is not unreasonable.

Overall this is a fantastic hotel and really well priced. The only things that could possibly be improved would be the addition of some free weight or more equipment in the gym and a faster WiFi connection. Thank you Riu for another great stay. This hotel still deserves five on trip advisor because of the price and great service.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 70AdamS70
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We have now stayed at the Riu Don Miguel approximately 15-20 times over the past ten years or so.
This hotel is consistently very good, especially for the price point and star rating.
Most of the staff here are very friendly & accommodating.
After a recent "less than pleasant" say at the Riu Nautilus hotel in Torremolinos, you can't compare the service standards considering the Riu Nautilus is supposed to be a "4 star".
The Riu Don Miguel by far surpasses in the way of service and friendliness even though it is a "3 star".
It was my 'in laws' 50th Wedding Anniversary whist we were here & the staff really are so genuinely caring and friendly & want to make sure their guests are appreciated and welcomed in every way.
We really did have yet another lovely holiday here and we have booked to return again in November and May already!

IMPROVEMENT suggestions

If I was going to make any suggestions here for this hotel then I would say that an improvement on the Wi-Fi speed and connectivity would be a bonus as it's not very reliable.
Also a frosted glass screening or something to screen the pool area from the noisy road would also be a bonus as the cobbled road next to the hotel can be a little noisy at times.
Also breakfast should be served until 10.30 a.m. not 10 a.m. as guests like to sleep in & rest whilst on holiday.
Overall a very good stay yet again here, and excellent value for money.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mikeymikeyuk
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

We have been going to this hotel for the past 6 years I have taken so long to Wright this revue as when we came home we had just suffered a 48 hour delay at the airport due to staffing problems at Tui that an other story to tell sometime .

This hotel have gone down slowly over the last 3 years but we said to ourselves we will give it an other chance before we got there I sent an email to reception requesting a room over looking the pool as I normally do and in years gone past the hotel has done this for us most of the staff are the same staff that have been there as long as we have been going there and are great and some even Remember us,on reception when we arrived was some I had seen before but not for some time he said our room no and I said I am sorry but that room is below the pool level no view at all I then said that I had sent an email to reception he said we have not received it I no they had it had not been bonded back he was quit stern with me ok I said have you an other room you could offer us he said no we are full he then did give us another room it was right down the other end off the hotel it was clean and tidy but had seen better days there was a big mark in the bath and the mirror had a lost its silvering had come of.
This hotel is half board we when down for dinner to the same menu that had been running for the past years well ok we can find some we like the food was tasteless I think it is time the chief was changed breakfast was fine the best meal of the day I booked the specialty restaurant at the hotel for my partners birthday as I had done the year before and that was a disappointment as well the menu was the same as last year but this that was tasteless as well and in years gone by my partner had a small bottle of carver delved to room on his birthday this did not happen this time ok I thought they my have cut back so we only have this t our meal no I thought wrong so due to all the things that have happened this time we have decided not to go back to this hotel

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank maddred
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Don Miguel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Steven M,

Thank you for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor and for being a loyal guest to us for the past 6 years. It is an honor for us to see our guests returning to our hotels.

At the same time, it is very sadden to hear that you have made the decision to not return. From your comment we understand that we did not live up to your expectations this time, for different reasons. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, as it was of course not our intention.We will pass your comment to our management team to follow up.

Hopefully you will reconsider to spend your holidays with us again for a more positive experience!

With our best wishes we remain,

Online Reputation Manager
Hotel Riu Don Miguel

Reviewed 21 September 2018

on arrival was greeted with a drink check in was easy gentleman carried bags to our room which was just as well as it is like finding your way through a maze room was clean and spacious with fridge staff were friendly
plenty of food but sometimes cold and repeative also set times for eating 6.30 or 8.30 you are allocated one or the other i dont like to be told when im going to eat

2  Thank jackiehector