All reviews yumbo centre lovely apartment lovely break on arrival bedroom apartment plenty of hot water restaurants and bars nice balcony week holiday roof terrace coffee machine wi fi cleaned daily sun loungers min walk self catering cita
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had booked to say at these apartments for 7 nights from 9th November 2013 through booking.com which was booked in September 2013. On our arrival at the Dolores we were advised there was no apartment for us there as the apartments have a new owner from 1st November 2013 and they could not honour our booking!!!!!!!!
We were sent to the Colorado Golf by the new owner but there was no accommodation for us there either. Eventually we had to go back to an airport hotel because there was no where else for us to go!! If you have booked to stay here I would advise you check they actually have a booking so you are not put in the horrible situation we were put in.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Bascially good/bad. One the bad side, there are three seprate buildings, we stayed in the furthest from reception and had requested two ground apartments, as my son and I both have back problems, the stairs, having to go down and up were a serious problem. One the positive side, I had an end apartment and my son was in the one the next door. It was not very far (having negtiated the many stairs) to the nearest shopping centre and we found a really pleasant bar which we used most nights. The cleaning service was very good.

There a no pool bars or restaurants so it is neccessary to fo out every night. A second positive point is that the accommodation was relatively cheap and the staff in reception were very helpful

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joan S
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I travelled in January this year, and after ONLY four months of therapy I feel I can now review this property. I can now see the bright side of things. My Wife, however, is still unable to think positively. Thus, we both remember this holiday differently.

Wife; We requested as high a floor as possible.
Me; I wanted a room on the ground floor, next to the pool, which we got.

Me; The receptionist could speak at least three languages.
Wife; She could abuse, and swear at clients in three different languages.

Wife; The pool was freezing. Only two people risked it all week.
Me; I learned to ice skate.

Wife; When we went down to breakfast we never even got a word, nor a smile, out of the so called waitress.
Me; It was nice and quiet for breakfast.

Wife; The food was left out for ages, and so was always cold, and often inedible.
Me; My Little Sugar Plum, you did say that you could do with losing a few pounds.

Wife; There must have been over 100 steps coming up from the beach.
Me; No there weren't. I told you that I counted them, and there were only 98.

Wife; The rooms were filthy, and even when the cleaners came in, they didn't really clean. They just ran a brush around the room.
Me; No. If you remember, one day we had two cleaners at the same time.

Wife; I have never seen so many filthy cockroaches in my life .
Me; Again, my delicate one, you exaggerate. They were not filthy, they all came through the shower.

Wife; And when we complained, the receptionist didn't bat an eyelid, and said that it was normal in this building.
Me; But at least they didn't charge us any extra for having pets in our room.

As I said, my wife doesn't appreciate that we can learn from our experiences. For myself, due to the excellent wifi in the room, I now have an encyclopaedic knowledge of cockroaches.
Wife; The expensive wifi.

Me; I don't think we will return here.
Wife; Not even AFTER hell freezes over.

My wife did the ratings.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank brianinstockport
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Wife; We requested as high a floor as possible.
Me; I wanted a room on the ground floor, next to the pool, which we got.

Me; The receptionist could speak at least three languages.
Wife; She could abuse, and swear at clients in three different languages.

Wife; The pool was freezing. Only two people risked it all week.
Me; I learned to ice skate.

Me; It was nice and quiet for breakfast.

Wife; There must have been over 100 steps coming up from the beach.
Me; No there weren't. I told you that I counted them, and there were only 98.

Me; No. If you remember, one day we had two cleaners at the same time.

Wife; I have never seen so many filthy cockroaches in my life .

Me; But at least they didn't charge us any extra for having pets in our room.

Wife; The expensive wifi.

Me; I don't think we will return here.
Wife; Not even AFTER hell freezes over.

My wife did the ratings.

Room Tip: Rooms in another complex will probably have fewer cockroaches.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank brianinstockport
Reviewed 8 May 2013

On arrival I was met by a lovely lady on reception. My room cards were ready, I was booked in within seconds. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful.
This was not my first trip to Playa so in comparison to other places I would happily say this is up there as far as value for money. Room was clean, kitchenette had everything you needed for SC. The bathroom was very spacious. My only gripe with the room was the beds, these were the worst sleep I've ever had (but the sofa was great so I was happy).

My room opened out to the pool which was always very well looked after, clean and I pretty much had it to myself.

Close enough to all the nightlife yet far enough away if you wanted a quiet night. Very close to the beach.

All in all it was a great place to stay and I will definitely be going back soon. Highly recommend for a budget stay.

Room Tip: Ground floors open onto the pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo