2,276 results
All reviews sea view pool area level guests level service gran canaria five star hotel pillow menu level room half board evening buffet bit dated junior suite coastal path direct access to the beach aqua aerobics a la carte restaurant winter sun
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Just back from an 11 night stay at this hotel which we thoroughly enjoyed. We opted for the Level Service so our room was modern, clean and very comfortable. The only thing which needed refreshing were the mattresses on the sunbeds on the balcony as they were quite dirty. Otherwise, we couldn't fault the cleanliness and even when we accidentally smashed a glass on the tile floor, they quickly came and cleaned it up for us. We had a great sea view from the top floor (Floor 7) but the room is slightly set back from the sea due to the gardens and pool.

The pool area was very clean but it did get busy with people reserving beds before it was even daylight! We treated ourselves to a massage and a half day Bali Bed experience at the Spa which, whilst a little extravagant, was very relaxing!

All of the buffet food was really delicious with great choice and the Level breakfasts were even more top with cooked breakfasts made to order..

Entertainment at the hotel was minimal which wasn't a problem for us. The area is quiet and there are a few restaurants around but if you're wanting bars then you will need to go to Playa de Ingles which is a short taxi ride away or about a 50 min walk along the costal path which is a really lovely walk. Playa de Ingles itself was too commercialised for us! There are also some restaurants about half-way along the coastal path including a really good Oriental restaurant (Gran Asia).

As is usual in Spain, you have to pay for beds on the beach and the sand in San Agustin is quite black but turns much more golden as you walk along the coastal path. The sea was warm and very clear with hardly any seaweed and the waves which the Atlantic Ocean creates were great fun.

The hotel has a couple of really well looked after cats and one in particular is incredibly friendly and will sit on the bench at the rear exit of the hotel waiting for everyone to walk past on their way to the pool in the hope of a stroke - please make a fuss of her for us!

All in all, the relaxing hotel we were seeking and we hope to return before too long.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank BetBas
Jiske J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Tamarindos, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear BetBas,

Thank you very much for choosing Meliá Tamarindos for your Gran Canaria vacation and to have taken the time to write and share your experience with all Tripadvisor users.

It is a pleasure to know that we have exceeded your expectations in most of the details of your stay and we take note of the improvement point you indicate regarding the sunbeds on the balcony.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you again at Meliá Tamarindos, your second home in Gran Canaria.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We spend here a nice family holiday.Good service and care. Nice atmosphere. The Level special areas was excelent. We could read book or relax there for a long time. The water-gymnastic was good too. When you don´t do it, you can only relax and listen to good music. :)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
1  Thank R1109EXinfo
Jiske J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Tamarindos, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear R1109EXinfo,

Thank you very much for choosing Meliá Tamarindos for your Gran Canaria vacation and to have taken the time to write and share the nice experience you had with us.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you again at Meliá Tamarindos, your second home in Gran Canaria for some more water-gymnastic.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

The staff are very good, the grounds are wonderful, the food is typically Spanish. We are slightly different from most, as we prefer to sunbath on our balcony if at possible. We don't swim, so have no need for the normally crowded pool area. So the fact that we were given a huge balcony that had the sun from first light to sun down made our stay. But the room was not so good. It was so small we had to have a one way system to pass each other. As stated by others, the tv had one English channel that only gave world news that for some reason did not include England. The bathroom was very small and you had to close the door to get to the sink. The shower would not accommodate a large person. There is no where to dry clothes, hence everyone was hanging items over their balconies. Two single beds pushed together, each with a single duvet unbelievably wrapped in a huge sheet. If you don't understand this, I mean there was not a duvet cover. Sometimes we have experienced duvet covers not being done up at the bottom, but this time there were not even covers, it was just a sheet wrapped around. When we mentioned this to housekeeping we were informed they did not have any to fit these duvets! As already mentioned, we were happy because of the balcony, but had this not been the case, and the fact that the staff were mostly helpful and polite, we would have had a very different view of this hotel.

Room Tip: book a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank John R

Dear John R,

It is a pleasure to know that we have exceeded your expectations in most of the details of your stay and we take note of the improvement points you indicate to continue improving our services day after day.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

I spent five nights at the Melia Tamarindos and overall it was an amazing experience. However, as is true with any hotel, there’s always room for improvement. First of all, I booked the Vista Mar suite, sea view with The Level all-inclusive. I strongly recommend booking accommodations with The Level services if you have the ability as my review will illustrate why. Let’s begin with check-in. Before I arrived, I used the online check-in available to The Level guests which was supposed to streamline my check-in process and that is exactly what it did. When I arrived, I proceeded to the Priority Check-in designated line and was escorted by a customer service representative to The Level Lounge where he completed my check-in. There was still some items that needed to be completed but far less than if I had not checked in online. During check-in he informed me I was on the first floor (second floor by American standard as in Europe floors begin with 0). I politely asked for a room on a higher floor to fully experience the wonderful sea view. He was more than happy to provide one when it became available, only a couple of days after I checked in. He let me tour the room before I decided I wanted to move; he even offered to assist me with moving my things! Great customer service. The view was worth the wait so ask for a higher floor when booking to get the best views. Both rooms were clean and well kept. The rooms, as well as the hotel in general, may be considered by some to be a bit dated. However, to me it matched the ambiance of being on a Spanish island beach off the west coast of Africa and it is deserving of its five-star rating. The Level gift in the room was a welcome surprise. Beds were perfect and bathrooms were clean. TV channels were primarily in Spanish but the WIFI was excellent so Netflix streamed easily and was able to connect my laptop directly to the TV via an HDMI equipped connector I brought (I wanted to include that because no review I read spoke of being able to connect devices to the TV). Of course, every WIFI-enabled location has “dead spots” as did the rooms but really not an issue. The Level in-room perks were all there: bathrobe, slippers, coffee, fridge stocked with beverages and other amenities. Regarding beverages, another reason to select The Level option is any time you want some water, soda or anything you just go to The Level Lounge and grab something. Turn-down service was excellent. Sheets were made ready for sleeping, slippers placed on a mat next to the bed and chocolates on the pillows. Nice touch. Somewhat noisy during maid service hours due to moving things around for cleaning, but you really should be out enjoying the pool/beach at these times anyway right? For meals I ate at the Roque Nublo buffet for all but one of my meals. The food was excellent, many selections, food temperature was fine (and if you feel it’s questionable they have a temperature laser you can use to check it) and always clean. Table service for beverages is provided to everyone, regardless if you’re a Level guest or not, and servers are kind and courteous. A couple of suggestions regarding dining. Try to sit in the same general location in the restaurant so you have the same server. You’ll have a more personalized experience. Also, even if you select an all-inclusive package, tip your servers on the first day/night of dining if you are able. Although the service is already outstanding, a nice size gratuity concealed in an appreciative handshake thanking your server for their efforts will make your dining experiences for your entire stay that much more exceptional. The Level breakfast area near the pool was truly amazing. Made-to-order pancakes, waffles, bacon (yes I said fresh cooked bacon when you want it, not bacon in a warmer) and omelets. The pool was spacious and seemed to always have available lounge chairs. Didn’t eat at the pool though. The Level area near the pool always had chairs available and had a nice selection of beverages. Right next to the entrance to The Level area is the exit to the beach, 20 seconds of walking and your feet are in the ocean. Didn’t use any of the other entertainment at the hotel. The Bar Jameo had different entertainment throughout the night, every night. Very enjoyable. Good selection of beverages with the all-inclusive package. The music and all may keep you awake if you are on a lower floor, or it may inspire you to go partake in the fun also. Again as with dining, a generous gratuity on your first visit to the bar will accelerate your experience and ensure you always have a full glass. One oddity was the presence of children in the bar throughout the night. Not bothersome at all, just something different. The hotel is very accommodating for families I might add. The kids had activities going on in a room right next to the bar so parents could unwind and relax while their children were being entertained well within their reach. Overall I had a wonderful experience at the Melia Tamarindos and hopefully my review can provide some insight for selecting a hotel for your San Agustin vacation.

Stayed: August 2018
3  Thank Mark M

Dear Mark M,

Thank you so much for choosing Meliá Tamarindos as your holiday destination in Gran Canaria and for taking your time to write and share this nice extended review regarding your recent stay with all the Tripadvisor users.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our Level service and we truly appreciate your kind words towards all our services. The satisfaction of all our guests is our main priority!

We are already looking forward to welcome you one more time to your second home in Gran Canaria.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2018

The start was not good, I boked a suite and prepaid for this. When I arrived I was informed the suite was not available for 3 days. However I was compensated to my satisfaction.The location of the hotel is perfect for a quiet and relaxing holiday. The staff are first class in every respect. I would argue that a 5 star rating is not warrented because of the internal decoe being quite dated and the general dining options are not restaurant quality aside from the al a carte restaurant which is first class.Gardens, pool and Level area are all exceptional and you can see the work that goes into maintaining this.I would stay again but I would be delighted to see the internal decor updated.

Room Tip: Great space but could be 5 star with better decor.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
1  Thank Carlton J
Jiske J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Tamarindos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Carlton J,

Thank you so much for choosing Meliá Tamarindos as your holiday destination in Gran Canaria and for taking your time to write and share this nice review regarding your recent stay with all the Tripadvisor users.

We apologize again for the room, but we are very glad to know that you are satisfied with the given solution. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our location, restaurants, pool and our The Level services.

Kind Regards,