2,270 results
All reviews sea view pool area level guests level service gran canaria five star hotel pillow menu level room half board evening buffet bit dated junior suite coastal path direct access to the beach aqua aerobics a la carte restaurant winter sun
Reviewed 21 September 2018

The staff are very good, the grounds are wonderful, the food is typically Spanish. We are slightly different from most, as we prefer to sunbath on our balcony if at possible. We don't swim, so have no need for the normally crowded pool area. So the fact that we were given a huge balcony that had the sun from first light to sun down made our stay. But the room was not so good. It was so small we had to have a one way system to pass each other. As stated by others, the tv had one English channel that only gave world news that for some reason did not include England. The bathroom was very small and you had to close the door to get to the sink. The shower would not accommodate a large person. There is no where to dry clothes, hence everyone was hanging items over their balconies. Two single beds pushed together, each with a single duvet unbelievably wrapped in a huge sheet. If you don't understand this, I mean there was not a duvet cover. Sometimes we have experienced duvet covers not being done up at the bottom, but this time there were not even covers, it was just a sheet wrapped around. When we mentioned this to housekeeping we were informed they did not have any to fit these duvets! As already mentioned, we were happy because of the balcony, but had this not been the case, and the fact that the staff were mostly helpful and polite, we would have had a very different view of this hotel.

Room Tip: book a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank John R
Jiske J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Tamarindos, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear John R,

Thank you very much for choosing Meliá Tamarindos for your Gran Canaria vacation and to have taken the time to write and share your experience with all Tripadvisor users.

It is a pleasure to know that we have exceeded your expectations in most of the details of your stay and we take note of the improvement points you indicate to continue improving our services day after day.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you again at Meliá Tamarindos, your second home in Gran Canaria.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 15 September 2018

I spent five nights at the Melia Tamarindos and overall it was an amazing experience. However, as is true with any hotel, there’s always room for improvement. First of all, I booked the Vista Mar suite, sea view with The Level all-inclusive. I strongly recommend booking accommodations with The Level services if you have the ability as my review will illustrate why. Let’s begin with check-in. Before I arrived, I used the online check-in available to The Level guests which was supposed to streamline my check-in process and that is exactly what it did. When I arrived, I proceeded to the Priority Check-in designated line and was escorted by a customer service representative to The Level Lounge where he completed my check-in. There was still some items that needed to be completed but far less than if I had not checked in online. During check-in he informed me I was on the first floor (second floor by American standard as in Europe floors begin with 0). I politely asked for a room on a higher floor to fully experience the wonderful sea view. He was more than happy to provide one when it became available, only a couple of days after I checked in. He let me tour the room before I decided I wanted to move; he even offered to assist me with moving my things! Great customer service. The view was worth the wait so ask for a higher floor when booking to get the best views. Both rooms were clean and well kept. The rooms, as well as the hotel in general, may be considered by some to be a bit dated. However, to me it matched the ambiance of being on a Spanish island beach off the west coast of Africa and it is deserving of its five-star rating. The Level gift in the room was a welcome surprise. Beds were perfect and bathrooms were clean. TV channels were primarily in Spanish but the WIFI was excellent so Netflix streamed easily and was able to connect my laptop directly to the TV via an HDMI equipped connector I brought (I wanted to include that because no review I read spoke of being able to connect devices to the TV). Of course, every WIFI-enabled location has “dead spots” as did the rooms but really not an issue. The Level in-room perks were all there: bathrobe, slippers, coffee, fridge stocked with beverages and other amenities. Regarding beverages, another reason to select The Level option is any time you want some water, soda or anything you just go to The Level Lounge and grab something. Turn-down service was excellent. Sheets were made ready for sleeping, slippers placed on a mat next to the bed and chocolates on the pillows. Nice touch. Somewhat noisy during maid service hours due to moving things around for cleaning, but you really should be out enjoying the pool/beach at these times anyway right? For meals I ate at the Roque Nublo buffet for all but one of my meals. The food was excellent, many selections, food temperature was fine (and if you feel it’s questionable they have a temperature laser you can use to check it) and always clean. Table service for beverages is provided to everyone, regardless if you’re a Level guest or not, and servers are kind and courteous. A couple of suggestions regarding dining. Try to sit in the same general location in the restaurant so you have the same server. You’ll have a more personalized experience. Also, even if you select an all-inclusive package, tip your servers on the first day/night of dining if you are able. Although the service is already outstanding, a nice size gratuity concealed in an appreciative handshake thanking your server for their efforts will make your dining experiences for your entire stay that much more exceptional. The Level breakfast area near the pool was truly amazing. Made-to-order pancakes, waffles, bacon (yes I said fresh cooked bacon when you want it, not bacon in a warmer) and omelets. The pool was spacious and seemed to always have available lounge chairs. Didn’t eat at the pool though. The Level area near the pool always had chairs available and had a nice selection of beverages. Right next to the entrance to The Level area is the exit to the beach, 20 seconds of walking and your feet are in the ocean. Didn’t use any of the other entertainment at the hotel. The Bar Jameo had different entertainment throughout the night, every night. Very enjoyable. Good selection of beverages with the all-inclusive package. The music and all may keep you awake if you are on a lower floor, or it may inspire you to go partake in the fun also. Again as with dining, a generous gratuity on your first visit to the bar will accelerate your experience and ensure you always have a full glass. One oddity was the presence of children in the bar throughout the night. Not bothersome at all, just something different. The hotel is very accommodating for families I might add. The kids had activities going on in a room right next to the bar so parents could unwind and relax while their children were being entertained well within their reach. Overall I had a wonderful experience at the Melia Tamarindos and hopefully my review can provide some insight for selecting a hotel for your San Agustin vacation.

Stayed: August 2018
3  Thank Mark M

Dear Mark M,

Thank you so much for choosing Meliá Tamarindos as your holiday destination in Gran Canaria and for taking your time to write and share this nice extended review regarding your recent stay with all the Tripadvisor users.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our Level service and we truly appreciate your kind words towards all our services. The satisfaction of all our guests is our main priority!

We are already looking forward to welcome you one more time to your second home in Gran Canaria.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

The start was not good, I boked a suite and prepaid for this. When I arrived I was informed the suite was not available for 3 days. However I was compensated to my satisfaction.The location of the hotel is perfect for a quiet and relaxing holiday. The staff are first class in every respect. I would argue that a 5 star rating is not warrented because of the internal decoe being quite dated and the general dining options are not restaurant quality aside from the al a carte restaurant which is first class.Gardens, pool and Level area are all exceptional and you can see the work that goes into maintaining this.I would stay again but I would be delighted to see the internal decor updated.

Room Tip: Great space but could be 5 star with better decor.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
1  Thank Carlton J
Jiske J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Tamarindos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Carlton J,

Thank you so much for choosing Meliá Tamarindos as your holiday destination in Gran Canaria and for taking your time to write and share this nice review regarding your recent stay with all the Tripadvisor users.

We apologize again for the room, but we are very glad to know that you are satisfied with the given solution. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our location, restaurants, pool and our The Level services.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just completed a 7 nights stay at the Melia Tamarindos in Gran Canaria. We had the best time and this place was totally our home for the week, with good service, perfectly cleaned rooms, impressive pool area, loads of activities, beach front and plenty of space for both adults and kids, but there have been a few things that have been a little disappointing for a 5 star hotel. First of all, and most disappointing is that the hotel doesn’t accommodate non smokers guests. There isn’t in fact any nonsmoking area outdoors, which has been a constant issue for us, not only for being non smokers, but my husband suffers with asthma, and we weren’t able to enjoy a meal on the terrace without having to suffer for second hand smoke. This is a big turn down, cause at times we had to switch sit and even had to move indoors, which felt like as non smokers we didn’t have the same right to enjoy the terrace as much as the smokers guests did. This issue extends to any outdoor area, including the pool area, the bar, the restaurant , the front terrace and even the room’s balconies (our neighbours were smokers and at times we had to keep our window closed), which isn’t exactly what you would expect. There should definitely be separate areas outdoor suitable for non smokers. Another minor issue that we had is about the bed: as a couple we have chosen a double bedroom, and somehow we got a good sized room with 2 single beds put on together. This isn’t exactly what a couple looks for when booking a double bedroom. Other than this couple of things we were treated very well by every member of the team, we had a dream holiday and the service totally lives up to a 5 stars hotel experience. Thank you again to all the lovely staff that looked after us during this week, hopefully we’ll be back again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jula14
Jiske J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Tamarindos, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Jula14,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our services and we truly appreciate your feedback about the smoke areas and bed that help us to improve our services day by day and to achieve our goal that is the total satisfaction to all our guests.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Home today from a 10 day break at the melia and we are missing the hotel already.

The hotel itself is extremely clean and tidy, the rooms could do with a update but other than that they are big and clean. The beds are very comfortable and the double is actually a double not 2 beds pushed together.

The food is fresh and delicious, a wide range of food that can cater for everyone. We are a family of 6 and we all found something to eat every day. The Chinese chef who made the egg fried rice was the best.

The pool area is clean and the lifeguard is friendly, there is no need to get up early to reserve sun beds there is plenty.

The poolside bar is very busy, we ate there some days and the food was nice.

The kids club was excellent 2 of my children went everyday and loved the staff, they couldn’t speak very good English but they still included my children and didn’t let it be a problem. I have 2 teenage sons and there wasn’t really anything for them to do in the hotel.

The entertainment at night was questionable, and I’m not sure who hired some of the acts. We had a Barry white singer who was good but the 3 dancing men that followed were shocking, a lot of people left.

We enjoyed the hotel very much and will be back

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jjoliizsc
Jiske J, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Tamarindos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Jjoliizsc,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the most of our services and we truly appreciate your feedback about the entertainment that help us to improve our services day by day and to achieve our goal that is the total satisfaction to all our guests.