All reviewsplenty of sunbedslounge barpool sidegreat holidayevening entertainmentgerman guestssaladroom upgradereception stafffabulous locationspent two weeksthird floorcold poolbars and restaurantsstretches for milesice creamsoft drinks
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Other than the friendly bar staff this hotel was awful, the moment i arrived i wish I'd stayed at home, the room was small and a number of things damaged such as our balcony door and bedside lights, the food on the first day seemed good until i realised it was the same the next day and the day after etc. Lunch was terrible when half of the restaurant was closed off so it was a challemge to find seating, images of pools are very deceiving as they are tiny, the food was often undercooked, the hotel is not on the beach as is described, the view of a construction sight is unpleasant not to mention the noise,the range if drinks included with all inclusive was also very limited and not at all advertised well unless you want a small room with no sun, eat the same food everyday or a willing to eat out everty day, DO NOT stay here,

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
IFA_Altamarena, General Manager at IFA Altamarena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Estimado Jordan,

We sincerely appreciate the time you spent to share your comments following your visit to our IFA Altamarena, our guests' feedback is of utmost importance to ensure our demanding standards of service at all times, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconsistency you may have experienced during your stay. We also regret that our buffet couldn´t meet your expectations, mainly because the quality and the diversity of our culinary offer counts to our strengths. We take your comments regarding our cuisine very seriously, because we wish that our gastronomy remains a very special treat for our guests.
Once again, thank you for your visit and constructive critics, we hope that you had a nice journey back home and to have the pleasure of serving you again in our hotels ensuring you in advance of our best intentions at all times.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Currently staying here and into our second week
I have to say that as a 3plus star hotel it has been absolutely fine
The rooms are adequate with mini fridge and hair dryer and cleaned well
I have found all the staff really friendly and helpful. I have had queries with reception twice and both times I was dealt with in a polite and helpful manner
I have found there to be lots of choice of food, not always to my taste but then I am in a foreign country, I have always found something that I could eat and always enjoyed it. The pool area is very nice. There’s never an issue with sun beds as the hotel is one of few that enforces the not putting towels down and disappearing for hours. Area is always clean as well. Also there’s no loud music playing all day so it’s really quiet
The entertainment is at best average but while on holiday you just make the most of it. Yes the hotel is predominantly full of Germans but I didn’t find this to be an issue.
The location of hotel is very good. The beach behind it is lovely and there are bars and restaurants in both directions.
At the moment the only downside is the building work going on next door. This is obviously out of the hotels control and to be honest unlike other people I have not found it has impacted very much. There is occasionally some banging but nothing too loud. Overall it has been a nice break. The hotel even put two bottles of wine in my room on my birthday. Ignore the really negative reviews. I’m sure if you stay here you will have a nice time

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank i8caravans2016
IFA_Altamarena, General Manager at IFA Altamarena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear client,

We would like to express our gratitude for the comments you made about your recent visit. They help us to understand how our guests experience their stay with us. It is always our goal to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and we are delighted to hear that your holiday at IFA Altamarena is an enjoyable one. We continuously strive to deliver high standards and to ensure that all our guests leave with beautiful vacation memories.
Again we thank you for this wonderful review, it has been a pleasure for us to read and we look forward to serving you again soon and before you leave, please, come to visit me :)

Valentina Congiu
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Really nice hotel right next to a beautiful beach but also close to many shops and places to eat and drink. All staff were efficient, really kind and caring, and always helped and assisted us. Food was very nice and there was a huge variety of it. And also there were many different dishes every single meal, therefore we did not get bored of it. Evening entertainment was very german orientated but actually a lot of fun. Rooms were clean and good size with a nice balcony. It had air conditioning as well which was very nice to have during hot nights. Pools were very nice as well, not too busy and water wasn't cold.
All in all, a perfect stay at an excellent hotel. Could not fault it. Looking forward to staying there again ASAP

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
IFA_Altamarena, General Manager at IFA Altamarena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Estimado Gabriele,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay in our IFA Altamarena. It is wonderful to hear we were able to make your stay special from the moment you arrived until the moment you departed.
We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for making us your choice hotel when visiting the area.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Saludos,

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel was brilliant. The staff were very friendly, the rooms were good size and spotless and the facilities were good. The pools were well looked after and great for couples who have babies or small toddlers as there is little pool which is suitable for them. There were more than enough sun beds (maybe because we went in June). The hotel was a stones throw away to the beach, and the beach itself was by far the best beach I’ve ever been to, very sandy and beautiful clear water. The hotel was right next to a Duty free shop and a supermarket with a few bars and restaurants too (we didn’t go to any bars or restaurants though because we were all inclusive). Within the hotel there was a self service beer and wine tap and a self service soft drinks tap which is great. The reason why I’d say the hotel is ‘almost perfect’ is because of the food. The food was nice, but there wasn’t as much choice as I would’ve wanted and some of the labelling of the food wasn’t the clearest. You will also struggle for choice if you were a vegetarian (although I’m not so this wasn’t an issue for me). As it is a buffet, you can’t expect the food to be piping hot constantly, but I expected it to be hotter than it was. Out of everything in this hotel, this would be the one thing I’d improve. But overall, I’d definitely recommend this hotel to anyone of all ages. The only reason why I wouldn’t come back next year is because I like to try somewhere different, but I absolutely loved my stay here and would encourage anyone to this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Estimado Henendez,

In IFA Altamarena we strongly believe that there is always room for improvement and your comments will assist our team in their continuous efforts aimed at meeting our guests' expectations, therefore we greatly appreciate the time you took out of your day to share your constructive critics, be assured that your comments will be taken into serious consideration and that they will help us to improve our services. Once again, thank you for your time and despite the issues you have raised following your stay, we hope that Lopesan will remain an option for your next holiday and that we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our company in the near future.

With best regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Me and a friend stayed here at the beginning of June and I was particularly impressed with the food. There was a table set out every day for special dietary needs and plenty of food available for all tastes. I also thought the hand sanitizer at the entrance to the dining room was a great idea and much appreciated. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were very pleasant, always smiling. The reception staff were particularly helpful and I could understand everything they said. The beautiful sandy beach was in close proximity and easily accessible especially from the side entrance. The gardens and pool areas were well kept and there were plenty of sunbeds and shades. I had read reviews which said the English were put in the roadside rooms which were noisy - wrong!! We had a perfectly placed room overlooking the children's playground and you could actually just see the sea from the balcony. Shops and market were all nearby, so a perfect location. There was entertainment on every night, some better than others but satisfactory, although I would have liked it to have lasted longer. All in all a great holiday, especially for the price.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
IFA_Altamarena, General Manager at IFA Altamarena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Estimada Linda,

Thank you very much for sharing this great review of your recent stay at IFA Altamarena. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay and certainly agree that our dedicated staff plays a key role to our guests' overall experience. The entire team works very hard to ensure that we deliver a high standard of service and a warm, memorable experience.
Thank you for making us your choice hotel when visiting the area.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Best regards,