1,225 results
All reviews steep hill free minibus bar staff air con shuttle bus on tap huge balcony plenty of choice walking difficulties great holiday animation team pool area smaller pool every night mini club main pool out of season
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I have just got home from a week at club santa ponsa with my partner and 4 children aged 12, 9 and 2 year old twins and it was okay , firstly we booked through on the beach so we had to book 2 apartments but on arrival i asked for 2 travel cots and we all stayed in one apartment which was fine because the apartment i was in 607 was massive and also very clean . Can i just say that there are ramps all over the hotel if your on the ground floor and you have a pram or disability you should be fine but i think you would be screwed otherwise , also please don't do what we did and underestimate the size of the hill that this hotel is on , its soul destroying after a few days of walking we decided to get taxis up and down which are around 3 euros , we never stayed for the mini disco or any entertainment as its all in the bar area and i have 2 naughty 2 year olds so we went to bar code 7 every night which is great for little ones and pre teens .
The pools are decent and there is an adults only pool around the back which looks lovely and makes me wonder why the guests with no kids wouldn't just go to that pool instead of taking up loungers next to the baby pool and giving parents disapproving looks , also another thing to mention is they only put music on in the pool area when they are doing aqua aerobics so at this point if your kids are playing in the shallow end of the big pool they either have to get out or go in the baby pool or the deep end and it is very very deep , there was an issue with inflatables being in the pool but thanks to one families mission the ban was lifted and the kids could play .
One thing i will say and i don't mean to offend any one is there is a real mix of nationalities at this hotel and English are out numbered greatly which made it hard for my kids to make friends around the pool ect but its also reflected in the food offered , don't get me wrong they put on some fantastic food at times but like most all inc its a bit hit and miss but most of the time you can find something to eat but i did struggle with the twins , they are also very long serving times which is great .
The staff here are lovely from the cleaners to the chefs to the receptionists all very nice and good with children .
All in all if i could pick this hotel up and move it down the hill to the centre then i would definitely come again

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank natalieaV7127LM
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I had read the reviews before visiting this hotel which had prompted me to book ! But wow the people who have written good reviews I'm wondering if we have even visited the same place ! Although I have noticed more not so great ones recently! Absolutely not family friendly whatsoever it's almost as though children aren't welcome so please don't be fooled by the family friendly pretence! We have been to 3 stars many times but none have been like this the room we were given was leaking toilet fluid it wasn't fit to be lived in after 4 whole days of complaints we finally got moved ! Entertainment on a night time was terrible and the room it is done in has a very care home feel with a huge bollard directly in front of the stage... I have given a two star simply because the food was good it's the one thing I can't complain about ! I haven't written a review here before but the fact our family holiday was so awful had prompted me to ! Hopefully save someone the experience.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank csmyth09
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Just back from a 10 day All Inclusive stay at Club Santa Ponsa. Let's start with the room our's was on two levels ,the first being the lounge/kitchen and the second was the bedroom and bathroom. The lounge has a corner sofa,TV and a little kitchen with a decent sized fridge,it's when you get upstairs and open your patio window and walk out to the stunning views of the sea and coastline you can't help but smile.The rooms although a little basic are clean .They are cleaned every day ,except for Thursday and Sundays.The beds are very comfortable . I read some reviews that complained about the food,total nonsense they most eat fine cuisine at home every day.There is plenty of choice and it was fresh,the deserts are amazing.What makes the hotel special is the awesome views from almost every part of it.The only downside is, that it's not for those with walking difficulties .There are plenty of sunbeds at each pool so no need to get up early and get your towel onto one. A minibus shuttle is available all day to take you into the heart of the town.The entertainment was fine and the staff always polite and helpful.It offers very good value for money

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Club Santa Ponsa.
In April it had a quiet, relaxed atmosphere. All inclusive 10am-midnight with all the usual local spirts and wines except I was disappointed my usual vino rosado, although on the drinks menu, was not available! Never been to an all in hotel where rosé wine was not included.
I would say 3 star is a fair assessment. We got a great deal but book flights early to get a similar good price. There are some incredible staff that seem to work in the bar from 10am, in the restaurant at meal times and on duty till bar closes at midnight.
The room was large and comfy and thanks to Andy who allocated a room without too many steps. There is a multitude of facilities, a family pool, adult pool (both get daytime sunshine), crazy golf, French boules and table tennis. Animation activities have lots of options as across the road there is the hotels sports area for tennis, basketball, football and also archery and pistol shooting. In the morning there was usually stretching then an activity, (I liked Vicky’s stretch routine) and then two more options in the afternoon. (Forgot the Romanian animators name but he had super English and German, explained the rules well and always said hello to us outwith the activities).
The restaurant again was in our opinion slightly above 3 star which gave enough choice and selection to be able to indulge and put on a few lbs! Initially the system for finding a table was unclear- as we arrived at a busy time and wandered around till a holiday maker said it was best to wait towards the door and as someone leaves move into their table! Afterwards we tended to choose a less busy time for our meal.
The response from reception was excellent before, during and after our stay, (having left items in the wardrobe, again my thanks go to Andy and head housekeeper Maria)!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2018

just back from club Santa ponsa and another good week, 5th time staying here and going back again in October,first the food was excellent, great choices and plenty of it , our room was big and cleaned and changes of bed linen every 2 days, pool area fine plenty of sun beds with lifeguard on duty, but what makes this hotel is the staff, absolutely fantastic nothing is too much trouble too them, they wiil do anything for you, very polite, and i mean all of the staff, great hotel, well done, what i found was a nice touch was we had a early departure and the hotel had teas and coffee, bread and cold meat and cheese ready for us at reception, so well done for that, top marks.

Room Tip: always ask for a sea view, apart from the view, you have the sun all day
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple