All reviews small hotel short break free toiletries beautiful shower hotel whilst the air conditioning works flat area pool area huge supermarket walk minutes bbc channels small pool full length mirror shower cap last minute booking booked half board mini fridge
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely small spotlessly clean hotel. Clean rooms with super comfy beds, kettle and mini fridge. Ours was ground floor 018 with view of the pool, which though small was adequate and never busy. Staff were all lovely and friendly and keen to help. Lovely bakery opposite and Euroski supermarket 50m also to the right 20m next to a small bar is a Chinese shop which is like Aladdins Cave, stocking everything you could possibly need.Some small bars and restaurants nearby and short 10 min stroll
down to beach.we stayed room only but the food looked of good quality. The bar was reasonably priced and there was a lovely terrace to the front . Would highly recommend this hotel for couples as everything is nearby but it's peaceful for sleeping. There is also a spa should this be your thing. Represents good value for money.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank birdswhobrunch
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Stayed here for a weeks holiday during August.
Originally booked this hotel through Expedia and received a fair price for the time of year.
The week before travelling I tried to amend my booking from half board to B & B via the Expedia website which wouldn't allow it because it said my home internet was 'insecure'.
As payment terms were to pay the hotel directly I assumed that the change could be made when we arrived at the hotel.
The was not to be, the hotel receptionist said I must do it with Expedia and Expedia said it was the responsibility go the hotel management!
I was told by the receptionist that no managers were present at the hotel at any time and that all she could do was to contact here immediate supervisor who would then contact the manager! As a regular traveller I expect a 4 Star hotel to have a manager available at all times. In the end it was the responsibility of the young receptionist to relay information backwards and forwards without an acceptable result.
My wife did check the evening buffet everyday and on 3 days out of 7 she said it looked ok however the other 4 days it seemed to be a random selection of main dishes without any co-ordination of vegetables/ potatoes or rice to suit.
Breakfast buffet was good with a selection of hot and cold dishes.
I think the website pictures had been severely doctored as we were disappointed with the size of our 'double' room which had single beds despite a double being requested.
The pool area also appears quite large on the website when actually very small and in a sheltered position on the western side of the hotel and subsequently received no sun until mid afternoon.
The bedroom door looked as if someone had tried to knock the door down previously as the door frame was split and it took effort to ensure that it closed correctly. We were unable to change room as the hotel was full. Maintenance were called but no satisfactory repair was made and the door remained broken for our whole stay.
Hotel was in a good position and the town centre bars and restaurants were only 5 minutes away.
Could be better if managed properly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tclasertech
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Just back from an amazing 4 night stay at The Tryp Santa Ponsa.
My husband and I went on a last trip for my husbands 50th and this small hotel did not disappoint! The rooms are small but very compact and comfortable. We stayed in room 101 it wasn't a pool view but it was lovely and quiet. The bed was very comfortable and there were lots of storage drawers to keep the room tidy. The room had a mini fridge which was nicely stocked and the air con was really good. The Bathroom was lovely and had a great shower which had 4 different settings.
There were complimentary dental kits, razors, sponges and shower caps which I felt was a really thoughtful addition. The hairdryer in the bathroom was good although you had to hold the button in whilst drying your hair.
The reception area is lovely and tastefully decorated.
We had breakfast a morning and it was good. It was a buffet style,fruit, yoghurt,breads and hot food,lovely and fresh. We didn't have a dinner so can't comment. The staff are who make this hotel so nice. They are all lovely especially the lady on reception her name was solemelia (I think that's how you spell it,her mother is the cook and her brother is on night reception) a lovely family and nothing was too much bother.
We had a drink at the bar one night before heading out to dinner and Kevin was our bar man. A great guy who even made us his signature cocktails which were amazing. Really friendly staff all in all.
There was no rush for loungers in the morning as the sun doesn't really hit the pool til nearer 11am. The pool area was lovely and the loungers are the most comfortable I have ever had at any hotel. The hotel itself is spotless!!! The rooms were cleaned every day freshly made beds and towels daily. Housekeeping were fantastic. The hotel is in a lovely spot about a 5-10 walk to the beach and the strip a further 5 mins. A lovely quiet spot but not to far from all the pubs and partying.
I will be going back this hotel and would definitely recommend it. Thanks for making our stay so good.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Fee1405
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Looks much better on the pictures, in reality the 4 star rating is way overrated. I would give maximum 3 stars. Staff is really nice and helpful. Other than that- rooms very small overlooking strange surroundings, breakfast very average, room fridge does not work, in fact, it makes things much hotter than if you left them in the room. small bathroom. Air conditioning only works if balcony doors are fully closed, telephone to the reception does not work, so you have to go down every time you need something. This has been communicated to the staff however no one bothered to fix. Overall, not recommended unless you have to stay there.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed with my parents in this recently refurbished hotel. Rooms were small we had twin beds in both rooms, but more than adequate for a short stay. No kettles in the rooms and the showers were on the small side, but clean with hot water anytime of the day. Didn't use the spa so can't comment on that. The pool area was again small but never had problems getting a lounger. The staff were excellent very friendly and even when we lost the keycard - twice!- it was no problem a new 1 given each time. Supermarket across the road very handy if you want it. Stayed on a bed and breakfast basis. Breakfast was good, something for everyone even the coeliac in the party. Gluten free bread and cereals available with a wee board to tell you was gluten free. Hotel is a 5 minute stroll from the beach and is the quieter part of the resort, it's up a wee hill coming back but if that's too much for you a taxi to and around the beach area is about €5.00. No entertainment in the hotel but they didn't bother us. Nice clean hotel, friendly staff in a quiet area. Would stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family