All reviews typical spanish hotel single room train station air conditioning hotel is situated per night fried eggs star hotel good size minute walk recommend this hotel reception staff lovely hotel balcony noise fridge holiday
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed only for one night but have nothing to complain. The room was clean and spacious. It had a little balcony that looked out onto the sea. The bathroom was a little dated but clean.
Staff was friendly and efficient.
Hotel is situated right in the town centre so close to restaurants and bars. Beach was just across the road.
The pool was a good size with plenty of sunbeds.
Good hotel for a short stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. I paid a lot of money to stay here thinking it looked great and I knew where it was but it was nothing like I thought it was.
The staff were awful and one especially quite nasty. I paid a room supplement as I was on my own but I don't know why this was as I was in the tiniest room ever. I cud barely fit in it never mind 2. There was no balcony only an old window. It was really dated and only half a bath which I nearly broke my neck in trying to get into it. My view was a brick wall and as I was on my own I think this was disgraceful. When I asked if I could change my room the horrible lady at reception told me to change hotel. From this point she either ignored me or was not very nice.
I felt that I was in the way of the staff they were practically running around the dinner room dropping things and smashing plates and my room was above the kitchen were they roared and laughed and banged everything.
The first floor rooms seem to have been updated although not very well but at least they were the rooms above the 1st floor were years old not great at all.
I arrived on the Thursday and tried to change room the next day then enquired about changing on Saturday and on Monday the horrible lady would not give a price on how much I would get back so I wasn't able to leave until Tuesday and it was far too long of a stay. Not one person offered to call me a taxi or apologised for the early exit. They simply didn't care.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank BrendaM1849
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Scottish tourists here. Have to say that Hotel Planas was a surprisingly great choice. My partner and I usually work on a bit of a budget and go for value accommodation, preferring to spend more outside the hotel than inside.

I have to say the exterior of the building is decent and recognizable enough that it was easy to find and it was positioned a mere minute walk from the beach and a good restaurant was right opposite. Outside is lovely with a clean pool/sun-bathing area, seating area and very pleasant bar with accommodating staff. The hotel itself looks great and welcoming in the main foyer and staff were always great and did great speaking English and ordering taxis for us.

The rooms were a little more dated than the foyer but for us who prefer to be out and about it was perfectly acceptable for the price. Adjustable air con for the room was a very welcome essential given the outdoor temperature, and that alone made stepping into the room a giant relief.

Breakfast was a mixed bag. I've never been a fan of the continental breakfast but there were many other options on the table including some basic cereals (albeit with warm milk left out) but given the price, I'm very grateful that we had something in our bellies to start the day.

Downsides were the bathroom which had a shabby shower, with wobbly head that was hard to direct and a bit of a sewage smell, especially in the morning, but nothing unbearable. The beds/mattresses were rock solid but we managed to get our heads down easily enough. I think the biggest unavoidable downside for HP is the location amidst a noisy traffic junction. In the pool or chilling on the patio, vans were idling and fast cars were firing past. Also our window in our rear facing room had a huge, heavy blind that would not lift, to let any light in. But I'm sure there was nothing much out there anyway. Probably.

Even still, we would not hesitate to return given the value. Thank you HP!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Nice little hotel about 10 mins walk from the main town. About 100 yds from the beach. My room was clean, a bit basic, but fine for me. Bit of noise from the apartments around the hotel, but room had air con and a safe. Breakfast was excellent, a large select of bread, meat, cheese, cereal, cakes etc, was sorry I only stayed one morning for breakie really.
I used the pool which was just out the front of the hotel and in the sun all day.
The only downfall for me is the booking.com website stated an airport shuttle is available (at cost). But when I enquired about the service I was told the hotel doesn’t operate a shuttle. The receptionist couldn’t help beyond saying I needed to get a bus, but no more help than that. No cab or more help was forthcoming other than suggesting i visit the tourist office. Which is just around the corner from the hotel.
Just for info, the Reus airport bus (no 60) leaves from just up the road at McDonalds and is 3.20 Euros.
Overall, I probably would stop here again as it’s a good location and clean.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel in the center of Salou. Five minutes to the beach. There are some rooms without balconies. Rooms are simple, but clean. Hotel is located on thе crossroads, so you can hear noise from the road, especially in the night. Good breakfast and polite stuff. If you don't plan to sit all day in hotel, you can choose this hotel. The location is really very good.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends