2,869 results
All reviews villa marina rooftop bar bar staff every night entertainment team great holiday kids club rooms are small private pool free taxi washing machine guest relations the main hotel shuttle bus family hotel plenty of choice something for everyone
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

What a dump.... rude staff everything seems too much trouble . All inclusive drinks devoid of alcoholic content. Will not return nor ever recommend to anyone. The " balcony " is a complete mis description .... 60cm deep x 180cm wide, one plastic chair and it's full .... awful...

4  Thank Russ H
VillaMarinaSalou, Gerente at Hotel Villamarina Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Thank you for your comments, my sincere apologies you felt so disappointed with the hotel and service within the Villamarina
The hotel staff in general receive very positive feedback, and will go out of their way to ensure you have a good holiday, if you would like to email the hotel direct with the incidents you had with any of my staff members and this will be addressed directly, and can only apologies you did not want to bring such a strong opinion to my attention whilst you was here with us.
The drinks are by no means watered down however as the all-inclusive drinks are local branded drinks the alcohol content is probably lower than named drinks such as Smirnoff or Bacardi etc. you can clearly see the seals on bottles been broken at the bar.
The local larger is Estrella dam and is 4.5% proof which is a good percentage on larger.
Many tour companies advertise the balconies as French / Juliet style balconies therefore my apologies you were not made aware of this prior to travel.
Once again, my sincere apologies the Villamarina was not for you

Kind regards
Lindsey

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Arrived home last week after staying at the Villamarina. Myself my brother sister in law and my little nephew could not of asked for a better holiday. Truly loved our stay here.
Villamarina has a warm welcoming family atmosphere and to be totally packed full of amazing people during our stay was incredible.
Big shout to the wonderful Nina & Paul, Mandy and her group of friends out holidaying for a birthday (great night out with you all), the quality 3 Irish farmer girls, Scouse couple & fellow Geordie's i met. I doubt all you will forget me in a hurry. Toned my geordie slang down to do this review
The RJP entertainment staff are unlimited in energy and constantly on the go all day till early hours. They all take time out to socialize with the adults as well if you see them throughout the day or in Chaplins bar (free taxi provided once name is put down) just have to make you're own way back to hotel.
Massive appreciation to new entertainment lad Harry who has belter banter and is so effortlessly friendly, what a sound lad to meet. Simon well what can you say his relentless energy is off the scale and what a all round good bloke. They both are in one word quality.
Not forgetting Cathy, Lucy, Kim & even Lee during our earlier days stay at Villamarina. You are all cracking at what you do.
Staff at Villamarina reception helped us with any queries we had without any problem. Hotel is 10-15 mins walk to the marina & beach which is enjoyable walking down past the shops etc.
Hotel does provide a shuttle but given we are young and wanting to explore the area we prefered to walk.
Food each and every day in the restaurant was of excellent choice and variety we do not have not one complaint about that. Restaurant/bar staff work so unbelievably hard and are on top of everything, tables cleaned and drink cups cleared instantly. Always greeted us with a smile whenever ordering our drinks or simply greeting you whilst passing by around hotel. This all adds to the extremely welcoming feel you have here.
The only problem we found was the one socket in bathroom situation which i see many people found a problem with in previous reviews. Reception however swiftly gave me a extension when asked so again no issues came from that at all and it certainly did not impact on our holiday in the slightest.
Reception informed me the hotel is awaiting to get further maintanance/upgrade during next year. Like many say for a 3* you are well and truly treated like 5*.
The whole hotel all in all was a pleasure to visit. Rooftop bar is excellent if you just want to relax away from kids. I spent one day here as i prefer a more lively atmosphere.
We visited Portaventura/Ferrari Land plus the waterparks which reception booked a taxi for us and cost roughly around 11 Euro.
Me and my family had a brilliant holiday here and would 100% recommend Villamarina.
We hope to be returning at some point in the future & hope to see some of the same friendly faces we met this time around in Salou.

I understand everyone may encounter different issues on a holiday but i have found most reviews of negative feedback about Villamarina on here to be more than exaggerated and simply of those looking for more from a hotel than they have been willing to pay for.

Trev (Geordie)

Trip type: Travelled with family
10  Thank Tr3v31
VillaMarinaSalou, Gerente at Hotel Villamarina Club, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Thank you for your review here on trip advisor, it is fantastic to know you all enjoyed your time here with us from the entertainment to the food and general operation of the hotel.
My apologies for the plug socket situation, this is something the hotel is aware of and will make the necessary changes when doing and refurb changes to the hotel, but pleased we was able to offer the use of an extension to help with this issue.
Great feedback and information on the hotel and resort for any potential guests of the Villamarina
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Villamarina in the future
Regards

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel was ok plenty of food and different choices. Bar was ok but you couldn't get pint only 2 halves. Rooms small but ok for 2 bodies. Staff friendly one down side took shuttle he never appeared back for us. Guy at reception wasn't interested not his problem. But that one issue should not put you off giving the place a Tory

3  Thank keith c

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed the food we had on offer as this is something the hotel does in general recieve very positive feedback on, my apologies you was unable to get a pint at the bar as this is standard in many 3* all incusive hotels.
The hotel has various different styles of rooms, with slightly lareger rooms for famllies of 4 and also offering are larege 2 bedroom aprtments for those who want extra space.
My apologies you felt one of our receptionists was not interested in a problem you may have had and will be sure to speak to him with regards to this, thnak you for not letting this spoil you overall enjoyment here with us.

Thank you once again for your comments

Reviewed 18 September 2018

First off car can not believe the bad r views yes rooms are small but I was asleep in mine and it was very clean the food and staff were the best I've met in Spain lovely pools and roof terrace with jacuzzis and bar occasionally entertainment on roof weather depending carnt please everyone but look at how many positive reviews as to negative says it al really behind hotel lots of nice tapas bars

Room tip: Ask for large balcony
4  Thank NewcastleMick

Thank you for your comments, the hotel will try very hard to ensure everyone has a great stay whilst here with us, we understand that the hotel may not be for everyone, but will continue to make changes where possible.
Its great knowing you loved your stay and will hopefully see you again in the Villa

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 September 2018

I know some of you will disagree with me but hey life would be boring if we were the same ..
I just came back after staying a week at the villa Marina with a friend ..
This resort is OK if you have children as everything is catered around them that is why this hotel is for families..If like me your travelling without children then stay away .
Though they have two swimming pools they are used by the children ..
There is a solarium on the roof for adults only , instead of two jacuzzi baths they should have had a pool instead .
There are no activities for adults during the day apart from bingo...they say there is Archery but that was with toy bow and arrows lol.
Evening activities for adults start around 10pm.
Don't expect to get any sleep before 1am if your room is facing the entertainment areas.
You have to squeeze into the bathroom that's why the sink is in the bedroom
There no sky TV though it is stated on the site ...no uk channels its all in Spanish ..so if you want to watch anything best take your fire stick or android TV box and connect it to the TV and use the hotels broadband.
There is no balcony furniture so I took a chair from the entertainment area .
Apart from that the staff were nice .
Please note that the train station is a 15 min walk and the beach a 20 min walk.
Would I stay again...NO not even if it was free ...

Room tip: Your given whatever room is free depending the size of your group
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Terry P

Thank you for your comments and feedback here on trip advisor, you are correct in saying the Villamarina is very family orientated and attracts a lot of children, as we try to ensure our marketing it correct so guests know what they are booking. The hotel did introduce an adult only roof top with Jacuzzis and bar for those who where not traveling with children.
The hotel does offer a full entertainment program for adults from darts / archery / water polo / billiards / quiz etc. my apologies if you felt there was only bingo for yourselves, if you would like to email the hotel with any suggestions to what you would have liked to have seen on the entertainment program then we will of course take these in to consideration for next summer program.
The tv are all Spanish channels however they can be reverted to the English language with the remote control giving you various channels to watch, my apologies if you were not aware of this.
Thank you for your comments with regards to the staff
Thank you once again for your feedback

Regards