1,156 results
All reviews small beach splash pool cove beach sea view after reading the reviews cleaned daily meal times salou centre evening meal cleaned every day bars and restaurants great holiday choice of food bad reviews fresh towels plenty of choice bus stop
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Cold food. Not kept hot properly ended up having to eat out,Didn’t want to use the filthy microwave to heat up food that should have been hot. Shame as the rest of the hotel is good apart from the poor quality air conditioning in the room.

Room tip: Air conditioning not very good
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
1  Thank kdoutten
BestHotels2018, Manager at Hotel Best Cap Salou, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear kdoutten,

Thank you for sharing your review.
We regret that our gastronomic offer was not of your liking. Regarding the food temperature, our buffet is equipped with hot spots according to established protocols in order to keep the food at the optimum temperature. However, this issue is very personal and each person has a different taste.
We will be pleased to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Overall we had a good holiday.
Room basic but wwe only slept in there. Daily cleaned to a good standard. Fresh towels replaced and linen changed after 3 days. Replenished shower gels, shampoo etc.
Pool ok and I agree the loungers were a nightmare but didn’t realise you could get your own off the pile round the corner near the volley ball.
Bar staff were good. I agree they were a little grumpy but I found that when I smiled at them and said thank you every time I got served I had no problem, in fact I noticed I got served quicker each time. I agree with anothe recent post there were a lot of residents who had no manners so if you have to serve these people hour after hour it must be quite depressing.
The restaurant food had something for everyone, be a touch on the cold side but I always tried to get a hot plate. Waiters in the restaurant are hit and miss but again after a couple of days you soon find a great waiter/ waitress.
Best thing of all was the beach what a gem spent time in the sea every day, always managed to find a spot.never had a beach experience so that will take beating.
The entertainment was not really to our liking but we met some lovely people there and with a deck of cards, some lovely drinks we spent every night in the hotel chatting and relaxing.
I have stayed in all inclusive before for a lot more money and for our family it ticked all the boxes for a fraction of the price.
Just to add I found the reception staff really good. Some of my washing dropped off the balcony, landed 3 floors below and they managed to get it back for me , no trouble.
May I also add it was good to see the hotel manager around the hotel and he always acknowledged you. Also had no trouble changing our room as our daughter has a phobia of lifts.
Our tui rep Amanda was brill she really knew her stuff.
The only thing that lets it down is the heat of the food otherwise I would have given you 5/5.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jo J,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion.
We are glad that our hotel lived up toy our expectations and that our facilities and gastronomic offer were of your liking.
It will be a pleasure to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Room tip: ask for sea view if possible.
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Absolutely dreadful place. Booked to capacity but not enough staff to cater - result = overworked/rude/unfriendly staff. 1 guy at the pool bar serving dozens of people. Asked the lady at reception for help to get on the WiFi but was told 'Its not really my job'. Pool & lounger area an absolute disaster with an accident waiting to happen - you will need to be out there at dawn to get your towel down on a lounger! Pool rules not enforced by the attendant - who I only saw once - so mind you don't loose your head with kids diving in. Food - disgusting - queuing to get into the restaurant - by the time you get there its cold. Forced to buy a full bottle of wine when all I wanted was one class. Badly equipped, drab rooms - cleaner tutted at my partner when he said we didn't want the room cleaned at the time....I could go on and on. I will not be going back, I will be making a complaint to Jet2 and its the last
time I'll be booking with them either.

Room tip: Don't book in the first place!
5  Thank RCreations
BestHotels2018, Manager at Hotel Best Cap Salou, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear RCreations,

Thank you for sharing your review.
We deeply regret that our hotel did not live up toy our expectations and that our gastronomic offer and our facilities were not of your liking. We take your comments and suggestions into account in order to improve our services.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2018

We arrived here on the 2nd August and first impressions were good. The coach dropped us off at the front of the hotel where the quite impressive waterpark is and the public area at the reception was clean and modern. The check in staff were ok and the hotel had accommodated our requests for rooms on low floors and rooms together. The only downside was our room had a large terrace that was shared with all the other rooms on that floor and some children knocked on patio doors at all hours of the night.

The rooms were pretty basic and there was a lot of maintenance needed, in our two rooms alone one air-conditioning unit didn't work properly, one tv didn't work properly, the shower screens over the baths leaked, the toilet didn't flush properly and the wardrobe doors almost came off their track every time you opened them. we reported a couple of these faults but nothing happened. The air conditioning was strange and ineffective, there was no external unit to several of the rooms just a huge plastic bottle open to the air that filled with water, perhaps that's why it was so poor. The beds in the room were like concrete, we had some power cuts but on the plus side the water was always hot.

The restaurant always opened before time and was comfortable but the range and quality of food was poor most nights with the odd exception. Chips were available even at breakfast, but try to get an egg and you could wait an eternity for them to replenish the empty buffet on a morning. I'm not a fussy eater, and I don't think I've ever complained in any previous review but this was terrible overall.

The all inclusive side of the package was actually quite good, with unlimited drinks, snacks and ice cream.

We had young children with us so we didn't see any evening entertainment, although one grandson was kept awake to visit the 9pm mini disco that started at 9:45.

The hotel facilities were average with an excellent waterpark, a scruffy kids pool, a main pool that looked irregularly maintained and what I'm sure was described as an adult only pool that was always filled with children.

Location wise the hotel is immediately next to a small busy beach with lots of shallow water that is really safe for young children but get there early and get a front row pitch for your towels, otherwise you might struggle to get to the sea past the wall of people and towels. If you like a resort with places to walk to at night and a good selection of bars and shops Cap Salou isn't for you, it's like a one horse town in a western. The hotel has a few restaurants and supermarkets close by but the "Urba Center" consisted of a travel agency and one bar.

My criteria for rating hotels has always been would I go back, in this case it is a resounding no which is a real rarity. This is never a 3* hotel

1  Thank michael857
BestHotels2018, Manager at Hotel Best Cap Salou, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear michael857,

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
We regret that our hotel did not live up toy our expectations and we apologise for the incident with the air conditioning in your room.
We take your comments into account in order to improve our services and facilities and we would be pleased to welcome you back so that you can change your perception.